• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I'm sure that sounds like "strategy" to you, but it's not. :)
I'm sure all the military leaders in history will be surprised to learn that plans to defend newly won territory isn't part of strategy. So what exactly would you call it? It's certainly not tactics. I'm curious as to why you think it's not strategy. Makes me wonder if you even know what the word strategy means.

BruteForceAttack

Agreed, so my assumption of their suggestion is that guilds will now receive 6x the points (full points, collected every 4 hours). The only other option is if they do collect every 4 hours, but only 1/6 the points. But I think that's too little, which is why I have an alternative suggestion in my original post which falls in the middle somewhere.

Ok re-read..you guys are correct. Maybe only 1/6 of the points will be given and the guild held the tile only for 4 hours.

DeletedUser27860

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback, so please leave any comments or concerns in this thread. We're hoping with your help, we can shape these improvements to achieve an overall better experience for all who participate in GvG.

Many thanks,

Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-vs-guild-improvements.26594/
sry I didn't want to read through all the posts, I was just going to add that the clear exploit for this is to add all rogues drop the zone to creat meat shields for enemy troops to fight threw instead of using your own real troops..hmm.. or farming them because even less profit turning 8 rogues into 8 space age is pure profit..

Darkbox

I stopped GvG a while ago and literally turned into a farmer but these changes and the upcoming chaos will definite;y have me fighting again :mad::mad:.

Any alternative to the 24 hours reset timer is welcome, 4, 5, 6, 7 etc, it does not matter, just add more reset times ;).

It would be interesting to use goods to siege in AA (instead of medals), and have the goods based on the player's age (ie Iron age players will place sieges using IA goods, etc. However, BA players should not be able to place sieges). At first it will be easy to do for some but over time, even higher guilds with high Arcs will have to plan ahead.

Replacing troops with the higher age o_O... not a fan.
Like many suggested, a mix would be better. As far as points farming is concerned, farmers are going to farm, not matter what. Either get rid of it as @qaccy (i believe) suggested or let them be. They did it before AA and will do it after, it's just a matter of time before they find a way to do it :p.

Now, when is this change coming? Gotta get ready ;)

DeletedUser10789

Does the game really understand what it means when they re-fill the sectors with higher aged troops really means.? It means the champ farmers will drool at the sight of MORE and MORE points. If the game really wants to curb Champ Farming and by the way, who the heck cares about that anyway, people who can't do it.? Also, I do NOT Champ Farm, I fight for real. Most all of us know who the Champ Farmers are and who are not. Additionally, if you really want to discourage this, then have the dropped sectors revert to spears, placed FULL of 8 slots of them. Because, let's be honest, who the heck really wants to fight 80 wins against pointless spears anyway.

Now, to fix it all. NERF the points that Champions spit out. Simple solution right.? Or too simple for people to think about it. There are so many level headed people here who give great advice, but why bother, they will do what they want too anyway. This is a waste of my time writing this. Just destroy the game already and be done with it. You all are doing a great job, little by little. Don't slow tear the bandage, rip the bandage off and just shut it down already and stop playing this cat and mouse game with all of us. Improve the servers and problem solved. Nuke the points on Champs, problem solved. Let the crybabies cry and let the whiners whine. Play the game and see you on the battlefield.

I will of course scroll upward when I have more time. However for now I would like to state for the record that if a 4 hour reset is chosen then you will allow players to only heal/ train 1 troop per barrack in between resets, that will lead to a massive drain of troops from inventories keeping up with sieges and sector filling. Is there any way to compensate for this sudden increase in troop loss? 6x that of present GvG needs...
I suggest 2 things to alleviate this concern
1. do resets every 8 hours instead of every 4 hours to allow players to at least harvest 2 troops in each reset period
2. change the siege cost back to NO inventory troops per siege - a random selection given by the computer or a selection copied from the preparation screen like GvG had before certain changes occurred to increase costs for guilds.

Another concern: the increase in sieging and sector holding costs in goods - with such a rapid turnover will likely lead to rapid depletion of guild treasuries. Is there any hope that you will address this concern with a decrease in siege costs per sector?

Third concern: what happens to rogues that are placed into a sector? the value of rogues cannot be underestimated, they change after they get hit during a battle, so if they are placed in a sector that's released - the regular troops will be random - but will the rogues stay rogues? will the random selection include rogues? Strategies and tactics are affected by this potential difficulty in planning to attack or defend after one of the resets.

If these concerns are not addressed I foresee a lot of guilds going bankrupt quickly and only the strong guilds with members that hold a high Alcatraz will stay on the maps. This will decrease diversity, not increase it.

DeletedUser

However for now I would like to state for the record that if a 4 hour reset is chosen then you will allow players to only heal/ train 1 troop per barrack in between resets, that will lead to a massive drain of troops from inventories keeping up with sieges and sector filling. Is there any way to compensate for this sudden increase in troop loss? 6x that of present GvG needs...
What you're forgetting is that every guild will have the same issue to deal with. So even if (and I'm not conceding the point) your guild is constrained by an increased need for troops, every other guild will also be constrained, too. That means you are not being put at a disadvantage, because everyone is dealing with the same conditions.

DreadfulCadillac

anyway, thanks inno for the at LEAST 100 battles a day ill probably be able to get now JUST BY attacking all tthe seigies..u BRILLIANT!

DeletedUser27860

What you're forgetting is that every guild will have the same issue to deal with. So even if (and I'm not conceding the point) your guild is constrained by an increased need for troops, every other guild will also be constrained, too. That means you are not being put at a disadvantage, because everyone is dealing with the same conditions.

The problem with most of these players is they can't see how to use what is there to make what they want. No matter how the rules change there will be a better way to play that is a simple truth. Winning is just looking past the smoke to see what needs to be done.

DeletedUser40596

Personally I like the idea of additional recalc timers and trying to do something about the point farming is good but I don't think the way its being done is good as many others have said. I think instead of highest age troops it should be troops from random ages, otherwise only very high age players will be able to take NPC tiles. I'm CE and can manually fight up to OF troops but if NPC's become SAM's then I will be useless to my guild unless I push up a couple ages.

Fixing bugs would also be very much appreciated.

Jase249

i disagree. there will still be a need for tactics and strategy; you'll just have to move faster.

Small guilds who can do calc at night after work are feasible now, they just need to be smarter than the big guilds since they can't out-muscle them. Now, the guilds who can have multiple people on all the time will completely dominate. If you can't watch the maps all the time, you're going to be screwed.

-Athena-

I continue to think every 4 hours is excessive...every 8 and even better every 12 would be fine.

And troops in dropped tiles replaced with either lowest age or a mix.

And nerf champ points since the farmers are already trying to work around the changes so they can still farm the inflated points.

If these concerns are not addressed I foresee a lot of guilds going bankrupt quickly and only the strong guilds with members that hold a high Alcatraz will stay on the maps. This will decrease diversity, not increase it.

When you actually fight other guilds (not champ farm) you will bleed troops. This has been something a lot of us who don't champ farm have had to deal with for years. You have to learn to adjust and set priorities. I have a high Traz because that is my game focus but with as much as I am on the maps it's still an uphill battle maintaining a high troop count...just not as steep as it once was. But if you have only had champ retreats and artillery up for champ farming and Traz producing only those I can see how farmers will be at a disadvantage. Oh well time for some to start using the ole noggin again to GvG. Real GvG takes thought and planning on all aspects of it. Not just the strategy and tactics on the maps but also thinking about how to maximize your city and buildings to their fullest potential.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27860

Small guilds who can do calc at night after work are feasible now, they just need to be smarter than the big guilds since they can't out-muscle them. Now, the guilds who can have multiple people on all the time will completely dominate. If you can't watch the maps all the time, you're going to be screwed.

lol small guilds.. even larger guilds if they don't have a large GvG footprint across times will be at a disadvantage to more active and diverse guilds.. but small guilds will be at a major disadvantage with shields set to drop every 4 hrs.. points will only be awarded every day so for most of them they will be wiped out before they can every get points in the day unless they can take zones right before "the points are awarded"

Troops will burn like wheat in the fields... lol

if you remember my exploits for this new method is to have low players place troops in AA and drop and have high-level players farm the zones..
or load zones with low crap and drop in AA to create walls to use as high-level meat shields for defense between shield resets.

DeletedUser27860

I continue to think every 4 hours is excessive...every 8 and even better every 12 would be fine.

And troops in dropped tiles replaced with either lowest age or a mix.

And nerf champ points since the farmers are already trying to work around the changes so they can still farm the inflated points.

When you actually fight other guilds (not champ farm) you will bleed troops. This has been something a lot of us who don't champ farm have had to deal with for years. You have to learn to adjust and set priorities. I have a high Traz because that is my game focus but with as much as I am on the maps it's still an uphill battle maintaining a high troop count...just not as steep as it once was. But if you have only had champ retreats and artillery up for champ farming and Traz producing only those I can see how farmers will be at a disadvantage. Oh well time for some to start using the ole noggin again to GvG. Real GvG takes thought and planning on all aspects of it. Not just the strategy and tactics on the maps but also thinking about how to maximize your city and buildings to their fullest potential.

lol I have figured how to work around it lol.. several ways lol...

you bleed troops either way, but farmers will farm, the key isn't champs the key is full sectors.. as long as you can drop full sectors you have a farm...

-Athena-

lol I have figured how to work around it lol.. several ways lol...

you bleed troops either way, but farmers will farm, the key isn't champs the key is full sectors.. as long as you can drop full sectors you have a farm...

Except the points for hitting non-champ troops is different than hitting champ troops. And unlike champ farming where you went in and came back out with 100% healthy troops, you will now come out with wounded and/or dead troops depending on what the randomization of troops turns out to be. Less points for a "battle" lol and loss of troops for former champ farmers is a positive in my eyes.

And yes unfortunately there will be ways to cheat/work the system. We hopefully have the developers thinking of ways to combat that too.
#NERFCHAMPPOINTS

qaccy

@athena9 I think an important consideration you missed, however, is that the game will now be providing free SAM troops to kill as well since it doesn't matter what was put into the sector prior to it being released, only that it was filled. Any unwanted troops can be converted into SAM troops for farming in this way.

I'll say it again. Make GvG battles award 0 points. If farming is a problem that needs to be addressed, this is how you do it. Any other 'solution' will simply change how people farm, not get rid of it.