• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Vs Guild Recalcuulation Timer Changes Feedback

saknika

I have some friends who play on the EN server, in competitive GvG guilds. Here's what I've witnessed based on chatting with them:
  • One player had to leave the game completely because the three resets took such a toll on them stress-wise, their autoimmune disease flared and became unstable. So they're looking for a new game to play now as their escape from reality when they need it, that won't be such a drain.
  • Many players are sacrificing sleep to try and be here for all the calcs, to make up crews to fight at each one. Sure, this is not something Inno is technically forcing a player to do but... Inno was also the one who decided to make three re-calc periods so they do play a role.
  • Because there is no countdown or indicator on the shields, they're struggling to know what becomes unshielded when, which is a nightmare.
  • A couple of competitive GvG guilds just plain gave up, and many of those players are debating on if they want to bother continuing to play at all.
So sure, it has encouraged other guilds to take to the maps but it's also ruining GvG for the players who have been at it for a while. And what does GvG even really do for a guild? Raises its prestige to help it level faster. Sure, that's nice, but if you get a guild that dedicates to GE and having a lot of HOFs and high-era players (because the higher the era, the more GP you get in GE and the higher the era the HOF, the more GP it gives too) they can rank really high and max their guild level fast, too. I've seen it done more than once. Knowing this, it really means that there are ways to earn the GP that GvG can give without actually playing in GvG. So... why take the fun out of GvG for the players who have been enjoying it for years, in hopes of maybe attracting more players to it, when there are no plans to bring it to mobile where most of the player base seems to be lately?

If there needs to be a change of some sort to take a load off the servers, rather than having multiple recalc times a day when shields will drop, I feel like it'd be better to just make all shields last for 24hrs from the time they are earned. So if your team decides to hit at 3pm, then at 3pm the next day the shields they earn drop. If your team hits at 9pm, then it's 9pm the next day that you lose them. Means that teams will have to be mindful of when others land to know when they can attack, but it doesn't encourage everyone to be on at the same time every night. It also means that you always have 24hrs to defend what you take before someone else can try to steal it. Wouldn't that be a happier resolution in this case than stressing players out of the game and encouraging bad habits of game addiction?

Graviton

If something in a game can cause a level of stress that it compromises an autoimmune disease, then that is concerning.

Okay, but the responsibility isn't on Inno for that, is it? If I have an autoimmune disease and I come across something that triggers it, it's on me to avoid that activity, isn't it?

And really, it's a game. Just choose not to be stressed by it.

DeletedUser43312

Change RECALC! Right now MANY people do NOT play gvg bc it all depends on being here at 8pm est. Anyone who has made it to atleast Future age knows it only takes 1 person to take alot of tiles. EXCEPT at recalc. strat does NOT matter anymore all you need is a few fighters on and people who know how to "release and retake" ruining the map for others. I mean comon how long does it take for inno to make the change when you release a tile it should go to full. This release and retaking has RUINED GVG. CHANGE RECALC PLEASE! Maybe 3 times day isnt right but keeping it 1 time a day and NEVER changing that time in 5+ years has absolutely ruined gvg for thousands of players.

DeletedUser40143

Change RECALC! Right now MANY people do NOT play gvg bc it all depends on being here at 8pm est. Anyone who has made it to atleast Future age knows it only takes 1 person to take alot of tiles. EXCEPT at recalc. strat does NOT matter anymore all you need is a few fighters on and people who know how to "release and retake" ruining the map for others. I mean comon how long does it take for inno to make the change when you release a tile it should go to full. This release and retaking has RUINED GVG. CHANGE RECALC PLEASE! Maybe 3 times day isnt right but keeping it 1 time a day and NEVER changing that time in 5+ years has absolutely ruined gvg for thousands of players.
I agree, I still hope inno moves some recalc change to the US servers. I know numerous players who log in at night or during the day who are shut out of the GvG fun. I've been helping to run a highly active-at-calc guild for two years now and even though our strategy may end up changing we are still looking forward to some change. Calc time now is laggy, tedious and repetitive, and participation amongst guilds at calc is pretty poor. More calc times would surely increase participation.

so - Battlegrounds are in and GvG is forgotten again? any word yet of when the changes in timers will happen? or do we have to keep reminding INNO with the constant posts on this thread?

DeletedUser

so - Battlegrounds are in and GvG is forgotten again? any word yet of when the changes in timers will happen? or do we have to keep reminding INNO with the constant posts on this thread?
The timers are being tried out on a couple of the non-US servers right now to hopefully see what works best.

RazorbackPirate

Once Battlegrounds begins on both the US and EN servers, the true A/B testing Inno is looking for can begin. Inno now has 4 months of real world data about the effect the recalc changes had in the absence of Battlegrounds, now they'll start getting information on the effect of the changes with Battlegrounds running. In 4 months, they'll have the data they need to make a final determination about what to do with recalc.

Seems to me either the EN or the US server will show differences in GvG engagement. Based on the result they're looking for, they'll then know which recalc gets them closer to the mark they're looking to hit.

Diamonds, blah, blah, blah. You're diamond purchases and why you may or may not have bought them are irrelevant to your complaint. If you could convince them, I would support a refund for your purchase, but then I would also expect those diamonds and other extras to be removed from your account. That is what you're proposing, correct?

RazorbackPirate

Rank Points are meaningless to anything other than a fragile ego. Someone else has more, so what? Who cares? Anything to do with that is much ado about nothing.

Beyond that, Inno wants to A/B test the existing single recalc against multiple recalcs. Apparently, given the limited and skewed base of players on Beta, testing on the Beta server alone didn't give them the data they needed. The reason they did their extended Beta on the EN server is that the US server is Inno's largest user base. Until they know 100% which way they want to go, they chose to leave the bulk of their users unaffected by the testing process.

If GvG is indeed dead with the introduction of Battlegrounds, then we would be right here, right now anyway. The changes made to a 'dead' part of the game 3 months ago are now, irrelevant.

Used to love the game, blah, blah, blah ... ruined the game, blah, blah, blah ... long time player, blah, blah, blah ... gonna quit, blah, blah, blah ... lose my diamond purchases, blah, blah, blah.

I miss anything?

DeletedUser37581

there is NO REASON to delay recalc changes at all.
What recalc changes are you referring to? Recalcs every 8 hours? That is being rolled back on beta in a couple of days, and will be rolled back on EN server shortly thereafter. Which is to say that Inno has decided to stay with 1 recalc a day.

DeletedUser24719

What recalc changes are you referring to? Recalcs every 8 hours? That is being rolled back on beta in a couple of days, and will be rolled back on EN server shortly thereafter. Which is to say that Inno has decided to stay with 1 recalc a day.
If this is true then it is apparent INNO does in fact want to kill GvG and replace it with this horrible GBG crap. Too bad more people would play GvG if there were 2 or possibly 3 recalcs daily.

RazorbackPirate

If this is true then it is apparent INNO does in fact want to kill GvG and replace it with this horrible GBG crap. Too bad more people would play GvG if there were 2 or possibly 3 recalcs daily.
And you know this how? Inno actually tested it and guess what? It didn't work out as expected so they're rolling it back.

Don't like the new thing, don't like the old thing, is there anything you do like? Why do you play when you hate everything about the game?