• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guilds on Mobile App

Would a mobile app only player make a bad founder?
I have not yet joined a guild and was considering forming my own at some point in part to play a guild from the very beginning. After discovering there are major guild features that can't be accessed on the app, I'm wondering if I founded a guild I'd be disappointing the members. No GiG, no chat, no guild forum? Perhaps other missing things?
Having no pc access, is it worth joining a guild? Again, I wouldn't want to let the members down. I get the feeling I may be missing out on a lot.
Anyone out there tried founding a guild on app? How did it go?
Or joined a guild where the people/person leading/running it have no pc access? How did that go?

I’m not the leader of my guild or never created one from scratch I can say I have access to nearly everything except founder rights On iOS. I can make a lot of powerful moves to the guild from inviting players to the guild, leader rights, moderate, notify, be able to view hidden threads, and have battleground controls. While no I cannot participate in GvG I can chat, I can be on the guild forum, and I really do not feel like I’m missing much. I can pretty much do everything except be a founder. Sure if I’m on my iPhone battles can be difficult, but not impossible in manual. As for iPad battles are easier to handle.

The two founders in my current guild one has slow internet in Canada and the other is having pc issues at this time. so some of us have had to step up and help them out. So to answer your first question no I do not think a mobile user would be a bad founder, but they should make members aware they cannot participate in GvG.

Here is another thread that may help you link understand mobile vs pc that was before GbG.

RazorbackPirate

Until you have been in a guild and understand how a guild operates, I don't recommend you create a guild. Each server is littered with dead guilds from long since departed players and players who quickly learned that joining an established guild was much better for their game and city development.

Unless you're a seasoned player, you'd be disappointing members by having little to nothing to offer them. I see no value in the blind leading the blind.

Agent327

Being a good or bad founder has nothing to do with the platform you play on, but with what you have to offer your members. To many new players want to be a founder and have their own guild. They all fail, cause compared to the already existing guilds they have nothing to offer. Only way you could ever succeed was if a new world opened and you founded your Guild right away.

If you join a guild again it does not matter what platform you use. You can't play GvG, but you will not be the only one. Our guild forum is no longer used, cause not everybody can read it.

Join a guild and work your way up. There are alwyas things that need to be done and if you are an active guild member you can make it to leader. In the end a leader has the same priviliges as a founder. Founder is just a name.