• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guilds?

DeletedUser41198

I have researched the Smithy and now have access to guilds. Is there any source that provides an overview of the different guilds, or some site where I can read about them?

I don't want to join one randomly, or if I went want to join one at all. I am hoping there is someplace I can get more information.

Algona

A Guild is a lot like a pair of shoes, you really want the fight fit.

What world are you in?

Start with a self appraisal. What do yu plan to do with your city? What aspects of the game do you like and hate? Gow active a player are you? How much help do you need with understanding the game? How much help do you want to get from the Guild? How much do you want to help the Guild?

Once you figure out what it is you want out of the game, then it;s time to start looking.

Look at Guild Descroptions looking for Guilds that suit you. Check how they do in GE Championships, Guild Level, number of members. all fine measures of activity. Talk to members of prospective Guilds. Join prospective Guilds and immediately check their marketplace and their 'Guild Thread' in the message center, two more measures of activity.

Most Important (why did I list this last if it's important?) you are NEVER committed to a Guild Don;t hesitate to quit if you make a mistake in Guild Collection.

Like that pair of shoes, (Oh, that;s why, wanted to bring my metaphor full circle) if you and the Guild don't fit quite right, go get a something that does.

Any questions?

Good Luck!

cton2.forge

Don't hesitate to join guilds. All benefit and no drawback as far as I'm concerned. You can guild-hop for a while and see what different guilds are like. You can join for a day, a week or just for 10 minutes to check things out. You can aid everybody and (hopefully) get BPs, check out the trade pages where you can trade for goods without the 1FP penalty. And if you don't like the guild, just quit.

Your visits can give some insight into how different guilds operate. I've been fortunate and found some great guilds and had the misfortune of finding a few whose petty squabbles and mismanagement drove me bonkers.

Some (possible) benefits of guild membership:

- Free good trades (no FPs cost, not like...free free)
- Swap threads
- Arc and other GB programs (to get prints and level up)
- GE
- GvG
- Free daily FPs just for being a member
- Sticks to Bricks programs

Most of the game revolves around activities that you can only start doing once you get into a guild. So join up! If you don't like your current station or guild just move on to the next one. Happy Forging!

Jern2017

You should also keep in mind that some guilds will have certain requirements. Especially more established and advanced ones.

Those requirements may include aiding on a regular basis, being able to complete a certain number of GE encounters, having specific GBs (usually the Observatory or Arc), participating in GVG...

The higher the guild's level is, the more likely they will have those and other requirements.