• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GvG and Sectors Unconnected to your HQ

I have searched all over for the answer to this question and can't find it anywhere.

Can a Siege be launched from a Sector not connected to HQ? For example: A Guild has successfully cut off a Sector(s) that was/were once connected to an adversary Guild's HQ. I know the Guild can launch an siege from any Sector connected to an HQ, but what about one that has been cut-off and is not in protected status?

I hope this makes sense.

wolfhoundtoo

The only sectors you can't attack from are ones that are protected (with the exception of a protected sector that houses your HQ).

DeletedUser16522

What do you mean by protected? If a guild grants freedom to hexes that can surround a small portion of the guilds land and not have an HQ on that small section, how can they take the hexes back when I have been told through pop ups that I cannot take a hex because it is too far from HQ? I ask this because that guild went to the farthest freedom granted hex on the entire area and attack it to take it back without the HQ having a link to the small area?

wolfhoundtoo

What do you mean by protected? If a guild grants freedom to hexes that can surround a small portion of the guilds land and not have an HQ on that small section, how can they take the hexes back when I have been told through pop ups that I cannot take a hex because it is too far from HQ? I ask this because that guild went to the farthest freedom granted hex on the entire area and attack it to take it back without the HQ having a link to the small area?

When you 1st take a sector, that sector can not be attacked by anyone else until the next recalc. So if you take a sector right after recalc you get almost 24 hours to fill it and plan how to go fro there. if a sector is 'bubbled' you can not attack any sectors around it with ONE exception: if your guild HQ is in that sector.

You may attack any sector adjacent (right next to it) to your bubbled sector that has your HQ in it. You can attack from any sector you own any sector that is adjacent to one of your non bubbled (protected) sector.

There is one other rule: If a guild releases a sector then that guild may not retake that sector until after the next recalc.

DeletedUser16522

Reason I asked about "protected". I understand the protected about a newly won hex. What I don't agree with is the protected status of a released hex! If it is released, it should be able to be attacked by any guild. I believe that was the way it used to be. But now (in most seen All Ages) there are over 30 released hexes that cannot be attacked and has been that way for days! Most of them adjacent to water where a lot of landing zones appear. These hexes are protected. This removes a lot of hexes out of that map that could have been attacked and seized ! These hexes are labeled as a NPC too. Also there is guilds that are in 2 different areas of same map! No one can land on the map then go to another area many hexes away and attack to get a hex there. If a guild had a large area and was attacked all the way through so the guild area is split in 2 then the guild should lose one side or the other to released sectors after the other guild has had their hexes for say 3 days, and the large guild has done nothing about it. Seems FOE bends the rules to suit the top 10 guilds!

DeletedUser3882

I think you have some confusion about the maps in general. This is a hard one to explain, but I think is what your question points toward. Much like the Continent Map, the GvG maps are under clouds when a new world opens. If you are in a new(er) world where one of the higher age maps hasn’t been fully explored yet, this will be easier to see. Established worlds have 99.999% explored maps so it is difficult to see. BUT, when a map is initially opened, there is only ONE landing zone available to attack. The majority of that map will be under clouds (greyed out) and guilds must explore it to open up all of the sectors. This will unlock additional landing zones for further exploration.

With that said, if a guild (or group of guilds working together) is strong enough to conquer an entire landing zone (and neighboring inland sectors), they can free those sectors returning the landing zone back under the clouds preventing any other guild from accessing that area. This is rare but is a viable defense strategy.

If this is the case (greyed out landing zones) the map simply hasn’t been fully explored yet, or the above has occurred and yours and other guild’s only option is to push through the neighboring gulld’s Territory and re-open the landing zones hidden under clouds.

Hope *that* makes sense and if not, create a city in a brand new world just to look at the initial GvG maps.

DeletedUser16522

You missed what I was saying. I'm in last era of the world, all GvG maps are open, there are no clouds. No, i'm seeing the guild release hexes and no landing zones appear. After some days,still no landing zones and the hexes are NPC. The the same guild will attack one of them and take it back over, release it again. What is happening is there is no fighting anyone else for the hex and they fight the def they used to siege on. So they really don't have to fight anyone else to keep gaining battle points or what ever this does to guild power. There were 34 sectors by this same guild that are NPC and cannot be attacked and they have 2 different areas of the same map which is called "All Ages" This was the last map added to the GvG map in lew of a Oceanic map being added to GvG. This GvG map may change now that FOE has come with part 6 of Oceanic.

DeletedUser16522

Matter of fact I've only seen clouds on continent maps, and GE tiers. I haven't seen them on the GvG map nor any map that is part of the GvG map.

DeletedUser16522

have uploaded a screenshot of GvG map. Notice "All Ages" part. Just about all of the NPC hexes are controlled by 1 guild that in 2 different ares of map. Hope pic comes through, first time posting a pic. Have other pics of just All Ages showing most of white hexes and the guild controlling them.

Attachments

• TRC 4.jpg
    TRC 4.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 9

DeletedUser3882

Ahhhh... Unforunate but THOSE AREN’T LANDING ZONES!

All ages was released in lieu of AF and OF maps, so I don’t know if this was the initial idea behind it, but what resulted in AA was a mad house (or slaughterhouse?) free for all each day for territory by end game (end of the tech tree) players/guilds.

Those white sectors are along cliffs and can only be attacked/conquered by sludging through the gauntlet of inland sectors. Each map has areas like this, and it is what it is.

As you know, you MUST start by taking a landing zone (beach) sector highlighted by big, huge arrows pointing at them. Take one of those and fight your way inland. The LZs on that map are along the left side and along each of the rivers mid-map. (I always thought of this as the D-Day invasion of Normandy)

Those one or two guilds may have been lucky to be the first ones on the map, or they’re the biggest/baddest on the block and took them from others, but they are within game rules and using those sectors as designed/implemented. The loophole of releasing them with no fear of attack, and retaking them for near unlimited battle points is unfortunate, but reminds me of an old popular song...

“These Are The Breaks!”