• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GVG cost of goods calculations query

DeletedUser41341

Hi, I'm reading on the US thread about GVG calculations - The cost of goods to unlock slots.

Forum: forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-goods-costs-per-siege.5780/

WIKI: forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_vs._Guild_(GvG)

Basically, Ive updated my website with the "ROUND" calculation (see Forum). However from my testing, the amount of goods increases EACH slot you open.

In the wiki page and with people i've communicated with directly, the cost goes up every TWO slots.

Does anyone know

A) the correct formula to work out the cost of goods to open a slot ?

B) if the formula in the forum post is correct - Is the wiki page a DIFFERENT calculation ? are they two separate things ?
The website I am updating is :- forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/discussion-foe-kwister.31027/

(The calculations area - GVG).

Algona

A) the correct formula to work out the cost of goods to open a slot ?

1 and 2 are free. 3, 4 - 30 of each Goods. 5, 6 - 60 of Each Goods. 7, 8 - 90 of each Goods.

You can see this by hoverong over the slot before opening it.

DeletedUser41341

1 and 2 are free. 3, 4 - 30 of each Goods. 5, 6 - 60 of Each Goods. 7, 8 - 90 of each Goods.

You can see this by hoverong over the slot before opening it.

So whats this complicated equation - ROUND(((3*y^1.5+0.045*y^3.1)/5+1),0)*5 ?? if it just goes 30 goods every 2 levels/slots ? are they for different results / GVG equations ?

The purpose of the site / page im doing is to tell people the goods 3-4 slots ahead etc - so they can plan.

Algona

So whats this complicated equation - ROUND(((3*y^1.5+0.045*y^3.1)/5+1),0)*5 ?? if it just goes 30 goods every 2 levels/slots ? are they for different results / GVG equations ?

The purpose of the site / page im doing is to tell people the goods 3-4 slots ahead etc - so they can plan.

Maybe I'm the one confused. Are you asking what it takes to open Defending Army slots in a Sector?

If so the answer I gave is right. that holds for all Sectrors in all Provinces.

If you;re asking about something else, I guess you need to clarify what you are looking for, 'cause I'm not sure what you are asking about.

DeletedUser41341

Maybe I'm the one confused. Are you asking what it takes to open Defending Army slots in a Sector?

If so the answer I gave is right. that holds for all Sectrors in all Provinces.

If you;re asking about something else, I guess you need to clarify what you are looking for, 'cause I'm not sure what you are asking about.

You advised that 1-2 are free (2 slots), then 3-4 are 30 of each good (2 slots).

Going up every TWO Slots - the cost increases.

However the formula on this thread: Round((3 * Y 1.5) + (0.045 etc...)

forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-goods-costs-per-siege.5780/

Ive used that formula - to calculate the SAME THING - has different results. When ive put it in my website, the cost of the goods goes up EVERY slot (not every TWO slots).

Slot 1 - 5 goods

Slot 2 - 10 goods

Slot 3 - 15 goods

Slot 4 - 20 goods

(it goes up by 5 each time - but after slot 4 - it starts going up by more than 5 per slot).

So - Whatever formula is used to calculate the cost of goods going up every TWO slots - is different to the one I'm looking at.

1) QUESTION: With the cost going up every TWO slots - What is this cost for ?

2) QUESTION: With the cost using the exotic formula - what is this formula calculating - This is calculating something DIFFERENT to number 1.

What are each calculating ?

From what ive been advised - They are calculating the SAME THING - However thats obviously not right - as it gives different results.. (from what ive been told).. I'm figuring out which one is for what calculation...

And is the one going up every TWO slots - Is it always going up by 5 every two slots ? Or does it go up by bigger amounts if you ahve lots of slots ?

The strange formula is used here :- foe.kwister.com/GVGCost?GVGlevel=3

DeletedUser37581

The long formula that is referenced is siege costs - the cost to place a siege. That is different than the cost to open a defending army slot.

The cost for a siege depends on the number of sectors already held (plus sieges in progress).