• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Double Landing Exploit?

DeletedUser40143

Not sure if this has been discussed before but here goes.. I believe the below scenario is a GvG loophole that really shouldn't be allowed and am considering making it a proposal.. opinions welcome.

1. Ghost guild A moves far inland and removes Guild B from the map.
2. Guild B chooses to reland on the map far away from Guild A. Guild A wants to chase Guild B, but not lose its new tiles.
3. Guild A sets a siege on an interior npc, then drops all its tiles and has its HQ removed by friendly Guild C. It is now effectively off the map, however it has an active interior tile siege.
4. Guild A sets another siege on an LZ near Guild B across the map.
5. Guild A takes both sieges, thereby keeping its interior tile and its new landing zone.

I personally am not a fan of the ability of guilds to set multiple LZ sieges, but I'm sure that ability is not going away. The scenario above, however, allows a guild to siege both an interior tile AND an LZ across the map at the same time. This I feel is a stretch of the rules of GvG and should not be permitted.

My proposal would be to set the mechanics such that you cannot set a siege on an LZ if you a) already have a tile (this is already the rule), or b) if you already have a siege on a non-LZ tile. The ability to siege multiple LZs at once would only be permitted if you truly start with zero sieges on the map.

DeletedUser27889

Sounds like a pretty clear 'loophole' to me. If it wasn't it wouldn't require such work arounds to be possible. Instead of a proposal I would contact support to see if this is an intended function.

I disagree with your idea to prohibit multiple sieges though. Multiple sieges are allowed through no hoop jumping, it is there for anyone to do and can be quite useful to take on multiple tiles at once. However I do agree those hexes should be touching each other in the landing zone or touching one of your unprotected sectors/HQ so it adheres to the standard rules of GvG.