1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

GvG Events Log

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Killa KoKo, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

Anyone else think the GvG Event log should give more and/or better information? For starters, it only covers events that would fit on the last three pages of the event log, if that. Sometimes it seems to disappear rather quickly. Also, it does not always show the player who performed the action when you scroll over the event. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Also, wouldn't it be great if a guild not yet on a map, attacking your landing zone (or your siege on a LZ), did not just show up as "unknown guild" on the log?

2. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

Certainly I would like it if the information there was more reliable. I'm pretty sure the devs know there is an issue, I hope they can fix it eventually.

I have mixed feelings about whether guilds not on the map should be revealed or not.

3. Shady Merchant

Shady Merchant Active Member

i agree "unknown guild" sieges a sector..... how useful...

4. Katwijk

Katwijk Active Member

The eldest log entry is deleted when somebody surrenders or loses. While I'd prefer to have surrenders, losses, and wins all specifically shown, it's sort of nice to see an attack "disappearing" because the attacker can't cut the mustard.

I suspect that "unknown" is a programming convenience. Data is maintained ONLY for guilds that have a presence on the map. If I can't attack somebody, because they don't have a sector anyway, then I don't much care which solo player is harvesting siege bars. That's just part of the risk when you're attacking a landing zone sector.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. Lutek

Lutek Guest

yes, I really would like a better GvG log, actualy this log don't log anything, I hope Devs will look into it

6. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

For example on one of my guilds that I am a founder, someone with trusted granted freedom to a sector, but the event log does not show the name of the player that did this. I would hope as jaelis says that Inno is working to improve the event log, but GvG has been out for 10 months or so, without such improvements. I've thought of writing up a proposal to improve it, but frankly, I'm not sure where to start myself, my thoughts are scattered here. If someone could formulate their thoughts better, I'd definitely support their proposal :)

7. lemonwedgie

lemonwedgie Well-Known Member

I agree kocab .... heck, I'd be happy if it gave me any information! LOL Half the time when I open mine there is nothing listed at all.

With regards to *unknown guilds* yes it would be useful but I also see it as a fun aspect .... not knowing who it is sparks a little fire in the guild and people trying to work out who it could be. Also, it is useful and fun to use mercs - I have players from guilds who do not GvG that will "ride" around knocking out LZ sieges if need be. All part of the strat - gotta make GvG a little more interesting than just selling your unborn child for the ridiculous amount of goods needed if you want a sizeable territory.

8. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

I'll just revive this thread, and I'm still rolling around thoughts on how to improve this darn log, especially since in game support claims they cannot go back and look at what happened when something disappears from the log. Typically support is actually helpful, but on this one I got the generic response that if I wanted to see a working event log just submit a proposal in the forums. The log needs to be improved, we've waited long enough for the developers to "figure it out" all the while they are concentrating on less important things like adding sounds to the treasure hunt.

I'd like to hear responses from GvGers on what you'd specifically like the log to tell you. This discussion will be the basis of the proposal I've been thinking about for too long now. Unknown guilds attacking LZ sieges, is a maybe. It is less than necessary to know who is attacking you (although if a friend or neighbor attacks it will tag their name under the unknown guild, pretty nifty). This is what I'd definitely like to see, for starters:

- A record that stays up for at least three days since performing one of the following actions:
    a guild owned sector is besieged
    an enemy guild is sieged
    defense unlocks and replacements
    HQ moves
    granting freedom to a sector
    - All guild actions are tagged with the player name (this only works part of the time)
    - An actual time stamp in the time of the server (for US this is Eastern Time) --not just how many minutes, hours, or days ago the event occurred.

9. Katwijk

Katwijk Active Member

Don't delete wins when somebody loses or surrenders. Show ALL THREE actions in the event log, and cap the list at 160 or so entries, enough for it to recap an entire fight for at least one sector.

Capturing the NAMES of the "unknown guilds" that are killing landing zone sieges would also be a major improvement.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  10. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

Thanks for all the input so far

11. Alessi116125

Alessi116125 Active Member

I think it would be awesome if you could have an events log on the main GvG page, not just within the individual maps. Keep you from having to click on each map to see what is happening in that map. More of a central command post type of thing.

12. Great Thracian

Great Thracian New Member

All of the above + in front of my eyes some sectors of our guild were taken by two different guilds. The event log showed only the second invader and which sectors were taken and not the other one. If I wasn't on I wouldn't know how the events happened.
    The other thing - if a guild placed a seige on our sector but other guild kills their seige and takes the sector then on the event log you will see only the guild taken the sector.
    I think the Event Log must be changed and improved to give us the whole information and for longer time - maybe for a few days back

13. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

WOAH! A necro of a thread in which the last reply was more that 4 years ago!!

Not bad.

Algona and UBERhelp1 like this.
  14. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

It's a nice stroll down memory lane. Lot of good posters up there.

Two of the posters are still posting.

Alessi is a top notch poster. lemonwedgie is one of my favorite all time posters because of their sense of humor, great posts, and one of the best user names ever. Makes me wince ever time I read it.

Godly Luke likes this.