1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

GvG for phone players

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by fireman38464, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireman38464

fireman38464 New Member

Proposal:

Allow players on phones to enter GvG map on "World Map".

Current System:

Does not allow players that access FoE via phones to go into the GvG game area.

Details:

As it is, when playing, phone access users can enter the Continent Map to fight for and gain resources.
    In the computer version, when you access the Continent Map to play GvG, you can see the rest of the continents anyway.
    Why not just allow access to the GvG area via the Continent Map?

Abuse Prevention:

Whereas the players are already ON the continent map in either game, I see no opportunity for abuse.

Visual Aids:

Sorry, I have none.

Conclusion:

In 2 of my worlds, I have hundreds of excess troops from my Alcatraz prisons.
    Playing on the phone, I have no way (short of destroying them) to use these troops.
    I could get rid of 750 to 800 troops without effecting my army, thus helping my guild and my backlog of troops.

2. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I vote yes.

(Yes, I know. Doesn't mean I can't vote yes anyway.)

sloppyjoeslayer and jaelis like this.
  3. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

gvg hasn't been added to mobile since it came out. Must be some kind of technical difficulty in doing it so I highly doubt we'll see it done.

Unless they decide to convert the desktop version to HTML5 then it would probably be more feasible.

4. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    The game designers have made mention of the difficulty if not near impossibility of bringing GvG to mobile without major issues. fuuugetit, neva gonna happen, hence Guild Expedition.:confused: So Puffin Browser App is all you mobileheads get lol.

5. Dursland

Major issues because the desktop version runs flash I'd wager.

HTML5 would work both on browser and on mobile.

I recently posted a comment on the developer's blog asking if there were any plans to switch to HTML5 - InnoGames already has stuff written in it, like Grepolis - so they're definitely capable of it.

FoE will either move away from flash or it will die a slow death once firefox/chrome block flash permanently and that day is coming sooner than anyone might think.

6. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

That doesn't sound like a slow death to me :)

7. Dursland

Yeah could be quick who knows. I know for sure I'd have to quit playing it. Edge isn't even available for linux, neither is IE.

8. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I doubt that I would switch browsers just to play a game. I've used IE...never again. I detest Edge because when I got my new laptop it kept telling me how much faster Edge would be than Chrome. As if I cared about nano-seconds. LOL

9. Chrischatect

Chrischatect New Member

What will happen to Mobile players

10. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

They will be run over by a car if they do not pay attention.

22prentwil and Algona like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.