• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] GVG for small or mid-sized Guilds

DeletedUser29726

thanks, when my guild gets bigger this will really help!

This guide is outdated at this point (it's from 3 years ago, and things have changed). Some of the tactics discussed are now blocked as described (i.e. reshields can no longer be setup before calc, but must instead be done spreading over calc (drop before, siege after)). I'd also point out that having '9 active fighters' means you're nowhere near a 'small' guild - most of the 'big' GvG guilds tend to be around 9 active fighters at recalc. It's also pre-arc (or maybe early-arc) and depleting your enemy of goods now is much much harder.

DreadfulCadillac

This guide is outdated at this point (it's from 3 years ago, and things have changed). Some of the tactics discussed are now blocked as described (i.e. reshields can no longer be setup before calc, but must instead be done spreading over calc (drop before, siege after)). I'd also point out that having '9 active fighters' means you're nowhere near a 'small' guild - most of the 'big' GvG guilds tend to be around 9 active fighters at recalc. It's also pre-arc (or maybe early-arc) and depleting your enemy of goods now is much much harder.
i am taking AA sexctors with only spear defense tonight..and im the only one doing it..these days with thesae lvl of gbs, u dont need 9 people ALL THE TIME, i have a vf friend who does it solo and can take big amount of land by himself...

DeletedUser29726

i am taking AA sexctors with only spear defense tonight..and im the only one doing it..these days with thesae lvl of gbs, u dont need 9 people ALL THE TIME, i have a vf friend who does it solo and can take big amount of land by himself...

I did say the guide was outdated did I not? And yes, 1 fighter is far more representative of a small guild :p How much you can do as 1 fighter depends on your opposition - if they're loading AA with spearfighters then yes there's absolutely a lot you can do ;)

DreadfulCadillac

I did say the guide was outdated did I not? And yes, 1 fighter is far more representative of a small guild :p How much you can do as 1 fighter depends on your opposition - if they're loading AA with spearfighters then yes there's absolutely a lot you can do ;)
lol everyone segies with 8 spears in my world(usually) in aa then forgets(or dosnt want to) purt @ least 1 other army in there..and TA DA U SECTOR LOST!

DeletedUser30312

Spears in AA? Okay, I know people use trash units to sets sieges, like Drummers and Color guards, but this is ridiculous! So that's how you grabbed that sector.

And yeah, some of this advice might be a bit outdated. It's from right before or just after the Arc was put into the game, the initial post about a month before I started. So there's no consideration into how a big Arc generates huge piles of guild goods, or how to push GBs to very high level, particularly the attack GBs and the Traz. Having very high levels in both of those really helps the small guilds and ghosts. It predates the AO, Kraken, and TA, though the TA primarily is just an extension of the three combat GBs where GvG is concerned. HC as well, but the only impact I think that has on GvG is potential rogue generation. Highest age from the initial post was FE, so this was before the AA map, and before AA was the only option for AF/OF/VF.