• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG going away?

WinnerGR

Currently my guild on US4 are having this debate as in GvG you have to loose things and there are no direct personal rewards whereas in GbG and GE there in in secured loss if you fighte and there is direct personal rewards . We are a top guild but we are thinkin of moving of GvG.

RazorbackPirate

Even without GvG, top guild will still be top guilds. Right now, having GvG gives those who play it an extra area to earn points, once it goes away, everyone will just be on the same level playing field.

As has been stated, I expect it to eventually wither away, at which point, Inno will remove it entirely. With most of the growth happening on Mobile, as a percentage, less and less players of the player base can even access it, and with GBG, less and less are even interested.

Having never played it despite being on PC, I could not care less one way or the other. It could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it. Nor would my guild.

Stay Rita

They updated the Recalc awhile back I doubt it would be "removed" but only a smaller percentage of players will actually be playing it.

Aggressor

They updated the Recalc awhile back I doubt it would be "removed" but only a smaller percentage of players will actually be playing it.
Hey, Stay Rita. Funny to see you here, my guild is going to merge with yours in Q world. I agree with you 100%.
Even without GvG, top guild will still be top guilds. Right now, having GvG gives those who play it an extra area to earn points, once it goes away, everyone will just be on the same level playing field.

As has been stated, I expect it to eventually wither away, at which point, Inno will remove it entirely. With most of the growth happening on Mobile, as a percentage, less and less players of the player base can even access it, and with GBG, less and less are even interested.

Having never played it despite being on PC, I could not care less one way or the other. It could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it. Nor would my guild.
Well, you see, it makes no difference to you but it does to the fighters. GvG is both fun and in my opinion essential to the war aspect of FoE. In my home world V, a hated guild of bullies dominated GbG and GvG. Now, the other guilds had had enough (mine included) so we got together and took them out of first. If GbG were the huge ranking provider, they would still be in number one and still be bullying everybody (they have a passionate hate for my guild so they lock us in in GbG. But in GvG, they are getting hammered and put in their place. But without GvG, nothing would've changed.
Also, GvG provides a lot of the great features of a world. It adds a lot more strategy and allows for alliances and a global political system to be created. GbG lacks these aspects, as working with other guilds isn't as beneficial in BG as it is in GvG. So removing GvG would make me mad and I know a lot of guildmates only stay on the game because of GvG. I'm sorry to hear you never did it, because it is a lot of fun to get on discord and fight with your guildmates at refalc a lot more fun than logging in and maxing out your attrition on a target called by somebody on a message thread. You should try it sometime

BruteForceAttack

GVG cannot and will not go away, till inno decides to change how a guilds are ranked. Even with addition of GbG., Top most guilds are who play GvG. As of now you will not find a GbG only guild in top 3 in any world... (I didn't go and check on all servers)

WinnerGR

Gvg offers more daily points towards global ranking. Prestige points. Ge and gb put points toward getting us to next level. When we reach next level we get a few more prestige points maybe 75 or 100 or so. We can get that amount of points or morenwith 1!sector in gvg. Ge and gb have the advantage to the guild of helping us level quicker but they dont add the prestiege points but guildmates care about the guild but and like helpin the guild but at the same time as themsleves . OK there are indirect rewards in GvG from guild levells but thats not good enough for most players . Then again U also gain battle points and medals depending on how much u fight in an age.The top 10-20 guilds ( in my world ) all fight all 3 or they would lose their global ranking. If they didnt fight gvg and only fought ge and gb they wouldnt be in the top 200 ( than number actually should be based on the age of the world , my world is rather old ). And as another factor you need a whole guild doing it as to take a province with even 1hp it would cost me ( exclding goods ) 80 units . What do I get in return ?

Last edited:

emmagirl2

Gvg offers more daily points towards global ranking. Prestige points. Ge and gb put points toward getting us to next level. When we reach next level we get a few more prestige points maybe 75 or 100 or so. We can get that amount of points or morenwith 1!sector in gvg. Ge and gb have the advantage to the guild of helping us level quicker but they dont add the prestiege points but guildmates care about the guild but and like helpin the guild but at the same time as themsleves . OK there are indirect rewards in GvG from guild levells but thats not good enough for most players . Then again U also gain battle points and medals depending on how much u fight in an age.The top 10-20 guilds ( in my world ) all fight all 3 or they would lose their global ranking. If they didnt fight gvg and only fought ge and gb they wouldnt be in the top 200 ( than number actually should be based on the age of the world , my world is rather old ). And as another factor you need a whole guild doing it as to take a province with even 1hp it would cost me ( exclding goods ) 80 units . What do I get in return ?
i only lose like 20 at the worst LOL

DeletedUser

Still spouting wrong info, I see. Guild Battlegrounds does indeed provide Prestige to the guild. GE does not.

DeletedUser

Which have no game value. What does have game value from GE is Guild Power Points, which contribute to raising the guild level. The only value the "trophies" have is that they represent finishing in one of the top 3 spots, which does give a % boost to the number of GPP earned, but the boost comes from the spot earned and not from the trophies themselves.