• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Improvements Update Feedback

DeletedUser27713

Good job removing spears from AA map.
Please do what you can to remove point farming of NPC sectors in AA... it has turned GvG into something that could not have been intended... at least on A world.

Flavius Belisarius

My updated thoughts:
1. Remove Landing Zones. Make all sectors accessible to Guilds not on the map. So what if it spawns Ghost Guilds, you still have to wait to rejin AND when you leave it is still a weak sector that will be difficult to hold.
2. No Rogues in DAs.
3. Recal more than once, less than four. Whatever code works.

DeletedUser11427

One of the issues I see is that while you are creating an environment that will allow smaller guilds a better chance at taking territory and increasing overall changes to the maps, you are making it even more difficult to defend.

Clearly 6 recalcs would be too many. Personally, I think 2-3 would be fine.

I do think there needs to be a change to defending. As it is now, if a guild takes a tile and gets a shield in another guild’s territory there is no defense other than releasing back multiple rows. Why not create an incentive to defend? For example, if I take a tile in another guild’s territory and move HQ there to attack an adjacent tile and that guild successfully kills my siege 3 times, I would be locked from attacking that tile until reset.

Something like this would provide incentive to defend after that first sector is taken and would not impede constant map change and reduction in overall holdings for large guilds.
I did hear they had changed the recalc to every 6, instead of every 4.

DeletedUser11427

Makes you wonder if they want the bigger guilds to take over fully and bleed out the smaller guilds to have them not be a factor anymore and this is there way to contain a smaller guild and force them to join a big guild or give up on GvG. Sure makes you wonder............Looks to me like they always wanted to not have smaller guilds able to attack the larger ones. It will ONLY favor a larger guild with players all spread out and not having people on at re-calc. A simple FIXING the servers or paying for higher capacity should do the trick, but instead let's make multiple re-calc times and DESTROY GvG and only allow the larger guilds to dominate the maps, once again. Seems too fishy to me.
It dos seem like they've been trying to ruin GvG for a while, or reward and push fighters to join power guilds

DeletedUser11427

YES......Why can't you hire developers who actually play the game. This way, they would and could be aware of real world changes that would help all of us, not just some crazy idea of how to stop champ farming. I say and for the record, I do NOT champ farm, WHO CARES. If someone has to resort to that to get points, the entire world or server know who this players are and they are the joke of the worlds and servers. WHO CARES about points farming. But you sure did mess it all up, yet again. I can put in IA troops in a sector and then release it and then have a nice hard barrier for someone ONLY from a higher level be able to come into that sector. WOW, shocking how little the devs know about this game and how it really works. PLAY THE GAME.
I never saw the "point" in point farming. While ages ago, a high player score boosted a guilds rank, a high score gives no special ability or power now

DeletedUser30519

Great no teamwork no strategy single person point farming at all hours

DeletedUser21190

Would love to see a tavern or diamond option for treasury goods. Be able to select the era of goods produced from Arc and Observatory. Especially now that adding more action to gvg.

DeletedUser

Would love to see a tavern or diamond option for treasury goods. Be able to select the era of goods produced from Arc and Observatory. Especially now that adding more action to gvg.
Something like that has been proposed time and time again with no luck.

Emberguard

There is a diamond option for goods

5 diamonds per unrefined good
10 per refined good

All you have to do is donate to treasury more goods than you have and there’s a diamond option

DeletedUser33701

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback, so please leave any comments or concerns in this thread. We're hoping with your help, we can shape these improvements to achieve an overall better experience for all who participate in GvG.

Many thanks,

Your Forge of Empires Team
I have had repeated episodes of initiating a battle by accident because the "battle" and "auto battle" buttons are TOO CLOSE to the slide selector...it is a VERY simple fix by simply moving those buttons somewhere else or by making the window bigger and moving the buttons further down the expanded window.

*Arturis*

I can understand the daily calculations to tally guild power gained. We could make GvG more dynamic by removing the concept of shielded tower taken.

Flavius Belisarius

More than 1 less than 6, Agree.
Make all sectors LZs after shield expires. Sorry, pet repeat.
Devise Maintenance Cost for holding sectors.
Allow Guilds to remove their last sector/HQ so they don't get trapped by Mighty Guilds