• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Improvements Update Feedback

DeletedUser4770

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback, so please leave any comments or concerns in this thread. We're hoping with your help, we can shape these improvements to achieve an overall better experience for all who participate in GvG.

Many thanks,

Your Forge of Empires Team

Super Catanian

When you mentioned that the units in a freed sector will be replaced by random units of province's age, will this also include Rogues and other Special Units? Thanks!

DeletedUser37581

They are moving fwd with non controversial items whilst they are thinking about the others...it is good move because we get to see some changes soon while they try and iron out the rest.
I presume you got that information from the announcement on the beta server. The announcement on the US server does not contain that information.

BruteForceAttack

I presume you got that information from the announcement on the beta server. The announcement on the US server does not contain that information.

I see now that the update here is probably wrong... on en server it is indicated that only these 3 will be done for now.
  • Camera Focus when returning to the map
  • Changes to the confirmation checkboxes when placing Siege and Defensive Armies
  • Removal of Bronze Age Units from the All Age map

DeletedUser4441

Pretty non-controversial just putting in those 3 for now and wussing out on the rest ;) , not sure any feedback is necessary.

The "rest" is still in flux and Player Feedback is still being considered. This is the reason for the new thread. So that we have a fresh page from which to glean the Feedback.

Agent327

When you mentioned that the units in a freed sector will be replaced by random units of province's age, will this also include Rogues and other Special Units? Thanks!

Those are ageless, so not of a province's age.

They are moving fwd with non controversial items whilst they are thinking about the others...it is good move because we get to see some changes soon while they try and iron out the rest.

Basically they are hardly changing anything.

DeletedUser40888

One of the issues I see is that while you are creating an environment that will allow smaller guilds a better chance at taking territory and increasing overall changes to the maps, you are making it even more difficult to defend.

Clearly 6 recalcs would be too many. Personally, I think 2-3 would be fine.

I do think there needs to be a change to defending. As it is now, if a guild takes a tile and gets a shield in another guild’s territory there is no defense other than releasing back multiple rows. Why not create an incentive to defend? For example, if I take a tile in another guild’s territory and move HQ there to attack an adjacent tile and that guild successfully kills my siege 3 times, I would be locked from attacking that tile until reset.

Something like this would provide incentive to defend after that first sector is taken and would not impede constant map change and reduction in overall holdings for large guilds.

Algona

INNO has to agree that 6 Recalcs must be reviewed on a regular basis and possibly changed.

I think the change to AA point farming is not sufficient. Highest Era troops in released Sectors will mean Guilds can can release Sectors erecting nearly impenetrable barriers to players who don;t have access to the highest era troops. This hardly seems in spirit to an All Ages Map.

AA released Sectors should have a mix of troops of all Eras. This will reduce point farming even more and still allow players with lower Era troops the chance to acquire released Sectors.

Raymora

You haven't responded to ANY issues raised the last time? Cmon guys!! 4 hour reset on bubbled sectors is WAY TOO MUCH of a pendulum swing. Let's get realistic. AA highest age troops makes it simply a MARS age map. It would be better to involve more. Even if you say it was not intended for earlier ages, fine. What about AF, OF and VF players?

I would also rather hear you are fixing all the bugs first before adding these changes. Refresh issues, getting booted, etc are already sucking the fun out of it. At least put some fun back in before sucking more out with these changes.

DeletedUser39432

point farming would still be possible but only for mars players or players that can fight mars troops. i could drop commandos in or something small and poof it would turn to SAM units. nice points jump there. top players can attack anywhere at odd hours. and "ghost" for points. you are making it easier to farm points off of guilds that hold a postion in earnest. i think a siege timer would be beneficial. you have 2 ways to siege. either they see it coming (like a normal army would be seen by the enemy) where you siege and it shows for say 20 mins. and you can get people to defend or you have a stealth siege which you can siege and attack right away. however stealth sieges should cost substantially more goods and/or diminish your attack capabilities. the trouble is no one wants to sit and stare at maps especially when half the time you watch the maps get sieged and never even see it pop up because the screen doesnt show it. maybe a beacon in guild chat the each guild has announcing a siege has been set. and lastly when someone sieges an LZ it shows an "unknown guild" did the sieging. i personally would like to know who is attacking me. if it was a true city that was being sieged you would know who was attacking right? why would you not tell us who is attacking. and i know there is a guild named "Uknown guild" but i can tell when its them by the lettering.

DeletedUser10789

point farming would still be possible but only for mars players or players that can fight mars troops. i could drop commandos in or something small and poof it would turn to SAM units. nice points jump there. top players can attack anywhere at odd hours. and "ghost" for points. you are making it easier to farm points off of guilds that hold a postion in earnest. i think a siege timer would be beneficial. you have 2 ways to siege. either they see it coming (like a normal army would be seen by the enemy) where you siege and it shows for say 20 mins. and you can get people to defend or you have a stealth siege which you can siege and attack right away. however stealth sieges should cost substantially more goods and/or diminish your attack capabilities. the trouble is no one wants to sit and stare at maps especially when half the time you watch the maps get sieged and never even see it pop up because the screen doesnt show it. maybe a beacon in guild chat the each guild has announcing a siege has been set. and lastly when someone sieges an LZ it shows an "unknown guild" did the sieging. i personally would like to know who is attacking me. if it was a true city that was being sieged you would know who was attacking right? why would you not tell us who is attacking. and i know there is a guild named "Uknown guild" but i can tell when its them by the lettering.

YES......Why can't you hire developers who actually play the game. This way, they would and could be aware of real world changes that would help all of us, not just some crazy idea of how to stop champ farming. I say and for the record, I do NOT champ farm, WHO CARES. If someone has to resort to that to get points, the entire world or server know who this players are and they are the joke of the worlds and servers. WHO CARES about points farming. But you sure did mess it all up, yet again. I can put in IA troops in a sector and then release it and then have a nice hard barrier for someone ONLY from a higher level be able to come into that sector. WOW, shocking how little the devs know about this game and how it really works. PLAY THE GAME.

DeletedUser6574

Agree with almost everyone here that every 4 hours is entirely too often, plus it cancels out not being able to make a hq move for 24 hours. If shields go down every 4 hours then what difference does it make if I can move my hq? My tiles will be unshielded and I can just attack from there. Wait another 4 hours and attack again. Small guilds with fewer resources will never be able to compete with the big guilds this way. I've seen lots of comments where smaller guilds are hopeful this will give them an advantage, it won't. Because when your shields go down the big guilds are just going to smack you back. Biggest mistake in GvG, that I see alot more often than you would think possible, is not taking into consideration that your opponent also gets to move. I've been playing GvG since day one, and I remember when they tried to vary the times before, it didn't work out so well. Hope Inno takes all this input and really thinks this through and listens to the comments and suggestions, there have been some good ones.

DeletedUser10789

Agree with almost everyone here that every 4 hours is entirely too often, plus it cancels out not being able to make a hq move for 24 hours. If shields go down every 4 hours then what difference does it make if I can move my hq? My tiles will be unshielded and I can just attack from there. Wait another 4 hours and attack again. Small guilds with fewer resources will never be able to compete with the big guilds this way. I've seen lots of comments where smaller guilds are hopeful this will give them an advantage, it won't. Because when your shields go down the big guilds are just going to smack you back. Biggest mistake in GvG, that I see alot more often than you would think possible, is not taking into consideration that your opponent also gets to move. I've been playing GvG since day one, and I remember when they tried to vary the times before, it didn't work out so well. Hope Inno takes all this input and really thinks this through and listens to the comments and suggestions, there have been some good ones.

Makes you wonder if they want the bigger guilds to take over fully and bleed out the smaller guilds to have them not be a factor anymore and this is there way to contain a smaller guild and force them to join a big guild or give up on GvG. Sure makes you wonder............Looks to me like they always wanted to not have smaller guilds able to attack the larger ones. It will ONLY favor a larger guild with players all spread out and not having people on at re-calc. A simple FIXING the servers or paying for higher capacity should do the trick, but instead let's make multiple re-calc times and DESTROY GvG and only allow the larger guilds to dominate the maps, once again. Seems too fishy to me.