• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG is crap

85gt

Started as PC game in 2012. GvG and mobile both came along two years later.
If your guild thinks GvG comes first and GBG is crap, then you are in a foolish guild that only cares about the leaders' egos.
LOL No Clue, yes game started in 2012 and GvG started 2014, GbG junk did not start till 5 yrs later in Nov. 2019.

Johnny B. Goode

LOL No Clue, yes game started in 2012 and GvG started 2014, GbG junk did not start till 5 yrs later in Nov. 2019.
So you agree that both were not part of the original game. So then it comes down to which is more beneficial to the guild members. And that is a no-brainer...it's GBG, even with all its faults. I don't personally care for either one, only participating nominally in either one when I feel like it. Both have serious flaws for the casual gamers. "Serious" gamers love one or the other, depending on whether they are in it for bragging rights (GvG) or rewards (GBG). I couldn't care less about bragging rights...because this is a game. And I have plenty of the resources I need to play the game as I desire without spending hours clicking auto battle (or worse, negotiating) just for the sake of "more, more, more". So from my perspective, both GvG and GBG are "junk". :)

85gt

So you agree that both were not part of the original game. So then it comes down to which is more beneficial to the guild members. And that is a no-brainer...it's GBG, even with all its faults. I don't personally care for either one, only participating nominally in either one when I feel like it. Both have serious flaws for the casual gamers. "Serious" gamers love one or the other, depending on whether they are in it for bragging rights (GvG) or rewards (GBG). I couldn't care less about bragging rights...because this is a game. And I have plenty of the resources I need to play the game as I desire without spending hours clicking auto battle (or worse, negotiating) just for the sake of "more, more, more". So from my perspective, both GvG and GBG are "junk". :)
Your meaning of beneficial is what you get from it, well us GvG players get satisfaction from doing battle at reset each night for up to 30 min. of clicking where as GbG is a never ending mindless click fest for a few trinkets. If my attack GB`s are over level 100 now another 50 levels will do very little for me, so are the extra fp from GbG really doing much for me, I think not much. With over 2000/1200 att/att def. another 50-100 att % is not going to be noticeable, I agree both are flawed big time

RazorbackPirate

If my attack GB`s are over level 100 now another 50 levels will do very little for me, so are the extra fp from GbG really doing much for me anymore, I think not much. With over 2000/1200 att/att def. another 50-100 att % is not going to be noticeable, I agree both are flawed big time
Fixed that for you.

I find comments like this pure comedy. You've farmed the system to the point that farming the system no longer makes a difference. Now the system is flawed?

The reality is, because players invented the farming game, you achieved a level of growth in months, that Inno planned to take years. Players blew up the system for their benefit and now claim the system is flawed, now that they no longer benefit.

thathurts

gvg is the best part of the game, the only problem with it that the powers to be caint get app player involved but must say being a pc player the lag is brutal at the best of times, maybe some day inno will replace the two hamsters running their server should try eve their server is running on warp speed that

67Sage101

Almost no Guilds do GvG, you are not missing out on a lot.

The top guilds MUST do GvG to stay on top. The top guilds have wars and alliances built around GvG. And Anaheim correctly said INNO places a lot of importance on GvG. Obviously that is true since guilds can't stay on top without participating in GvG. So his question stands....if it's SO important, why is the time set at the worst moment for west coast people?

Johnny B. Goode

And@ Anaheim correctly said INNO places a lot of importance on GvG.
Ummm, no. Inno places almost no importance on GvG. That's why they haven't improved or upgraded it in 6 years. They're constantly tweaking every other part of the game, but have effectively abandoned GvG. And said so pretty directly. The fact that it counts so heavily in guild ranking is an anachronism that may or may not be fixed at some point. But ranking is pretty meaningless, so who cares if they do or they don't? Not me.

thathurts

when are we going to come to the realization that this game has gone to the dogs gvg, and gbg lag issues are just down right pain full to play, and to make matter worse inno realy shot themselfs in the foot by adding the auto fight button, its a open invetation for cheats to take take advantage of the option by using bots, looks like inno wont upgrade the server anytime soon thats why i dont buy diamonds from them anymore why bother

Johnny B. Goode

when are we going to come to the realization that this game has gone to the dogs gvg, and gbg lag issues are just down right pain full to play, and to make matter worse inno realy shot themselfs in the foot by adding the auto fight button, its a open invetation for cheats to take take advantage of the option by using bots, looks like inno wont upgrade the server anytime soon thats why i dont buy diamonds from them anymore why bother
The auto battle button has been here for years. Literally. Years.

Emberguard

The auto battle button has been here for years. Literally. Years.

Auto Battle released: Dec 5th 2017.
Game came out: 17th April 2012.

Time without Autobattle: 2,058 days (Converts to: 5 Years, 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 22 Hours, 6 Minutes and 40 Seconds)
Time with Autobattle: 1,484 days (Converts to: 4 Years, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 23 Hours, 59 Minutes and 59 Seconds)

Time difference: 574 days.

Just need another 1 Year, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 8 Hours, 39 Minutes and 59 Seconds before we'll have been playing the same amount of time with AutoBattle as the time we've had without it. (Which calculates to July 24th 2023)

Johnny B. Goode

Auto Battle released: Dec 5th 2017.
Game came out: 17th April 2012.

Time without Autobattle: 2,058 days (Converts to: 5 Years, 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 22 Hours, 6 Minutes and 40 Seconds)
Time with Autobattle: 1,484 days (Converts to: 4 Years, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 23 Hours, 59 Minutes and 59 Seconds)

Time difference: 574 days.

Just need another 1 Year, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 8 Hours, 39 Minutes and 59 Seconds before we'll have been playing the same amount of time with AutoBattle as the time we've had without it. (Which calculates to July 24th 2023)
Like I said. Years.

Pericles the Lion

whats your point yes its been here for years but ever since its been here players discoverd that they can use bots as a cheat when before the auto play they could not
So, your solution would be to jam the genie back in the bottle? Punish thousands of honest players to prevent a small number of cheaters from using bots or scripts? I think not. INNO has the tools necessary to identify the cheaters. They simply choose to look the other way.

Johnny B. Goode

whats your point yes its been here for years but ever since its been here players discoverd that they can use bots as a cheat when before the auto play they could not
The point is, why complain about it now? It took you 4 years to notice the problem? What difference does it make? GvG only gives ranking points, which are meaningless. They add nothing to your city or guild. (Yes, I know Guild Power Points earned there help raise the guild level, but I've addressed the relative uselessness of guild level before and won't go into it again...unless you ask.) ;)

Ebeondi Asi

I say few to none are actually are using some cheat in GvG. Players can be amazingly fast and not be cheating. Seems anyone faster than some players 'has to be cheating' is just a whine. The notion that "no one can be faster than I am without cheating" is just a notion.
Everyone seems to know someone who claims rampant cheating is going on.. LOL
Good luck with that. What is true is people want to believe it. all it takes.
I basically doubt it mainly because so few seem to be cheating. If it were really readily available, and Inno did nothing about it, 80% to 90% of all players would be cheating by now using bots. and that has not happened. So I call this another Urban myth.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I would say that the cheating problem is overhyped as well. Many on here have invested years into this game even without spending any money. Few that put that much into it would risk losing their accounts for points that are nothing but points. Some probably cheat but not whole guilds and hundreds of players like is hinted at all the time , I don't think.

Flavius Belisarius

I would say that the cheating problem is overhyped as well. Many on here have invested years into this game even without spending any money. Few that put that much into it would risk losing their accounts for points that are nothing but points. Some probably cheat but not whole guilds and hundreds of players like is hinted at all the time , I don't think.
From what I've seen you are right about the extent of BOT using, but they have so many ALTs (which never get removed) that they (BOT users) don't care.
At the risk of getting deleted, I would suggest that the easiest fix to GVG is two-fold:
1. Make everything a LZ. (Just remove the LZ CODE)
2. Create another Space AGE only Continent. (Limit AF Continent to AF units and below.)
Just a thought for discussion amongst GvG aficionados, not a demand.

Last edited: