• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Lag - "tile 38,75"

-Athena-

"tile 38,75 was fought over by both guilds especially hard and due to local rendering issues neither of us could see things working in real time"
The above statement is just one example of the many battles we face trying to GvG at calc and not the battles we should have to fight daily.

There was a time where our world was comprised of guilds that would fight everyday and then proceed to Global Chat for a good round of smack talk. Most of it was innocent and rarely was a real issue caused.

These days, we're relegated to discussing the GvG issues, such as lag, freezing and about half a dozen errors and bugs we're encountering while trying to figure out how we can at least have a fighting chance of...well fighting. These issues have been reported repeatedly over the past few years and nothing changes. These lag and glitch issues are in the "on a daily basis" stage and have escalated to making GvG 90 % unplayable in the last 2 days. Everyone has tried clearing cookies, cache, history, switching back to flash, back to HTML, trying Mozilla Firefox, The "New" Chrome, IceDragon, Opera, WaterFox and then back to Chrome. And everyone has tried closing all other tabs, shutting down background programs, being wired directly to the modem, using wired mouse and keyboard, having a dedicated graphics card, using a tower over a laptop, resetting one's system etc etc etc. We have done everything Inno has told us to do and then some. Again nothing has changed and it just gets worse.

How long does this have to persist? We've been loyal players, even more loyal customers, when will we actually have a say in the performance of the servers and how they along with your network and storage infrastructures impact our daily gaming. As much money as we've contributed, we've ALL invested time, hours to days, weeks to months building up our cities, attack boost, troops, maps, etc. We've done our part with this game and now we're asking you to do the same.

I see the same thing as described above, but we're a small guild. Even when its just me against 1 player from another guild fighting for a tile, the lag is frustrating. Waiting for the final fight screen for 10 seconds after hitting autofight. Seeing the last of the seige army die and clicking over and over again in frustration trying to lay a new seige. This is not fun.

Colb777

I see no reason why this cannot be fixed,

We've been active and shown a lot of faith and fidelity with respect to our gameplay and of course diamond patronage. I realize the money isn't everyone's main concern but we're not asking for anything unreasonable. GvG has been part of the game since 2014, it would be nice if the people in charge were willing to put a little money back into the game to make it actually work.

There has never been any real effort as far as I've ever seen, they did once try to change reset to morning and it yielded no change at all... for all the money we put into the game (according to InnoGames Financial statements, easily found on google) asking for a part of the game to work properly hardly seems like an unreasonable request in any capacity. If it was the payment function for diamonds lagging and not working, rest assured they'd have spent a few hundred thousand on servers by now.

DeletedUser6940

GVG is one of the most fun and competitive parts of this game, and for Inno to continue to sit back and not fix one of the most dynamic and exciting parts which makes FOE a great game is why they will continue to have players lose interest and leave the game. I personally have considered leaving a couple times over the last 2 years because of how bad the lag in GVG continues to be, and its not getting any better, if anything it has gotten worse.

When attempting to replace sieges players will periodically get a gray arrow which does not allow a siege to be replaced thus allowing the other guild the opportunity to get in numerous fills. Or there will be times the game will freeze up so bad it may not appear the last siege has even been killed and that you need to replace until you finally leave the map to see thats its already been done.

When attempting to fight GVG in doing auto there is a long delay with getting battle results which prevents a player the ability to continually to attack. I have tried numerous browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc) with the all same results.

Alot of the players who spend $$$$ on this game are starting to get frustrated by Innos lack of commitment on fixing an issue which has been ongoing for too long. If they want to continue to keep tenured players who spend a good amount of money in helping the game, It would be in their best interest to invest that money and finally put a fix to GVG.

-Athena-

glitch.JPG Just to get maps to reset we often have to switch to another map and then go back. So I was doing this and because of the lengthy amount of time it takes from when you hit auto attack to the results popping up and allowing you to go back in that tile to fight again...my results showed up from the FE map on the EMA map that I had switched over to to get the FE map working.
moggxr

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Just to get maps to reset we often have to switch to another map and then go back. So I was doing this and because of the lengthy amount of time it takes from when you hit auto attack to the results popping up and allowing you to go back in that...my results showed up from the FE map on the EMA map that I had switched over to to get the FE map working.
moggxr

https://prnt.sc/moggxr

Not only that, you cannot even see if someone is sieging you unless you keep reloading the map.

Colb777

Yes
Not only that, you cannot even see if someone is sieging you unless you keep reloading the map.

It's bad, and no matter what I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, using HTML5 or Flash on either Chrome, Dragon, IceDragon, Opera, FireFox (all latest versions). Nothing of value materializes or makes a difference... maybe I should try Netscape on Windows ME (anyone have downgrade links?)

BruteForceAttack

Yes

It's bad, and no matter what I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, using HTML5 or Flash on either Chrome, Dragon, IceDragon, Opera, FireFox (all latest versions). Nothing of value materializes or makes a difference... maybe I should try Netscape on Windows ME (anyone have downgrade links?)

Maybe clear cache and go back win win95

-Athena-

I can't believe that it is a coincidence that every time an event starts the lag and glitches increase significantly. And this last event that started on Tuesday (Carnival) I could barely fight even 10% of the time.
It seems to me that there is some kind of correlation there. Inno should be looking at that. Overloading the game with more and more content like events and settlements and taverns and so on and so forth without stabilizing the structure just does not seem like a very sound method.

puzzle63

When fighting in GVG. You set a siege then can't get back into it because it doesn't show up on the map. You have to go to a different map or click on a different tile. Then click back to the siege tile so you can get back into it. By this time your siege is half gone. Other times your fighting and you can't even get back on the tile. You click it. Nothing. It get frustrating when you can't do anything. You just want to say the heck with this game. So please fix all lag, freezes,and other problems.

Big-Poppa

Totally agree, GvG is the only real thing keeping me interested in this game, and it has gotten progressively worse over time. Lately, since the Carnival event started I was only able to fight in 3 or 4 fights within 15 minutes, waiting for screen updates, that never seem to come, where as before it would have been anywhere from 20 - 40 or more fights. This really needs to be addressed.

And to the Forum regulars that seem to post without full knowledge of the item being posted and call out who's posting and replying, please notice this is a joint effort with our primary rival in GvG. Yes, we talk smack back and forth, but that is part of the fun of the game, all harmless fun.

Please Inno fix GvG lag issues, and other anomalies, before even considering making changes to how GvG is done.

DeletedUser7012

fighting in GVG I set a siege or attack and The Lag is so bad I can't get back into it because it doesn't show up on the map. just sit and spins You have to go to a different map or click on a different tile. Then click back to the siege tile so you can get back into it. By this time your siege is half gone. Other times your fighting and you can't even get back on the tile. You click it. Nothing. It get frustrating when you can't do anything. You just want to say the heck with this game. So please fix all lag, freezes, and other problems. I have spent A lot of $$$$ on this game are starting to get frustrated

DeletedUser18851

I just want a clean fight with my enemies, two of which are already on this thread and were among the first to respond. It's amazing how such a basal infection in the platform can unite even the the most disparate of factions. GvG is truly on it's last foot.

I have been playing GvG almost daily since the start, and I have NEVER seen lag/bugs as bad as they've been since this carnival event started. It has been horrendous each night since (3 nights now). Noticeably worse than ever, by a factor of 3 -- at least. I doubt that is a coincidence. I doubt Inno is unaware of the resource tug-o-war. I also doubt they care, but the players care. And some of them buy your bluebies.

From the start, I have built my city around one central question: How will this help my guild in GvG? If you're not going to support GvG, either say so or dismantle it completely so I can waste my time elsewhere, because I have absolutely no interest in your GE or your stupid little quests, or your 5-piece nightmarish event sets that STILL can't be moved as a single unit.

I have heard Tai and Kai, or whatever their names are -- your PR spokespeople -- on their live Facebook chats laughing off the idea of fixing GvG as if it's some sort of insurmountable task unworthy of pursuit. COME CLEAN WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PLAYER BASE THAT BROUGHT YOU THE SUCCESS YOU ENJOY TODAY. Are you going to fix it or not? You are about to lose a lot of players. No joke.

DeletedUser23258

I see no reason why this cannot be fixed,

We've been active and shown a lot of faith and fidelity with respect to our gameplay and of course diamond patronage. I realize the money isn't everyone's main concern but we're not asking for anything unreasonable. GvG has been part of the game since 2014, it would be nice if the people in charge were willing to put a little money back into the game to make it actually work.

There has never been any real effort as far as I've ever seen, they did once try to change reset to morning and it yielded no change at all... for all the money we put into the game (according to InnoGames Financial statements, easily found on google) asking for a part of the game to work properly hardly seems like an unreasonable request in any capacity. If it was the payment function for diamonds lagging and not working, rest assured they'd have spent a few hundred thousand on servers by now.

Why not just spin up some VM's (virtual machines) when demand exceeds current server capacity? There are many companies who use a service to handle increased demand at peak time by paying for only what's needed at the time it's needed. That way we can fight without lag and InnoGames doesn't break the bank buying hardware to handle peak times.

I have noticed with this latest "event", I am even lagging on the mobile app. Seems to me the problem is spreading, not getting better.

Colb777

Why not just spin up some VM's (virtual machines) when demand exceeds current server capacity? There are many companies who use a service to handle increased demand at peak time by paying for only what's needed at the time it's needed. That way we can fight without lag and InnoGames doesn't break the bank buying hardware to handle peak times.

I have noticed with this latest "event", I am even lagging on the mobile app. Seems to me the problem is spreading, not getting better.
VMware licenses too expensive for InnoGames

DeletedUser35407

the lag and crashes makes gvg unplayable, throughout the years many people have offered proposal solutions, it is time to take a serious look at them

Colb777

Did you clear your browser cache?

j/k

I've cleared browser cache, history, cookies etc. Cleaned out my Flash Cache in the Windows Control Panel, Cleared Cache of my 8GB Videocard, have Black (5GB/s) Fibre internet, a computer with dual 16 core processors that I've configured hyperthreading on and so on and so forth... there is nothing else I can think of doing besides breaking into the server rooms and connecting directly to the core switch.