• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Lag - "tile 38,75"

BruteForceAttack

Bug #1 Siege Box not turning orange so it doesn't allow us to resiege.
Bug #2 Defense Boxes not turning orange so it doesn't allow us to get in defense fills in between seiges.
Bug #3 Repeated Clicking to get into a tile.
Bug #4 Bubbles not going away after reset timer is done.
Bug #5 Siege Swords not appearing.
Bug #6 Bouncing Shield shows multiple times
Bug #7 Reset timer takes over 2 minutes
Bug #8 Timing Issues for no reason (FYI those have started happening when adding large amount of fps to a GB)

Maybe open different bugs for each issue. But not may again close threads or delete your posts.

RazorbackPirate

lol.. that's cute.. seems to me what you have is a long line of customers saying the bug report is a sham because they're all told to submit tickets, and the tickets result in the same run around and inaction every single time
Lol.. here's what's cute .. continuing to submit tickets knowing you're getting the same run around and inaction every single time. At what point do you realize inaction every single time is the answer and run around avoids stating it?

Honestly @athena9, I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by starting this up yet again. Do you really think a new round of outrage will change the outcome? All I see is that you've now stirred up a bunch of players from several servers to come here and vent. To what end? What on Earth can you or anyone else you've sent here say on this forum that's going to change the information that Inno is basing it's decisions on?

#Making GvG Great Again? Really? Don't you think building false hopes knowing they'll only lead to real disappointments is kinda mean? I do. Nice job.

DeletedUser

That is an idea that has been bounced around by players. A tile loses it protection 24 hours after being taken would be a challenge to GvGers but I like it. People wouldn't necessarily be tied to calc time every night. I think there would have to be some kind of timer within the bubble that only the guild who owns the tile can see but I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.
Along those lines, earlier you (I think) mentioned when they had moved the recalc time to morning rather than evening, but you couldn't remember why it got moved back. I remember that, and also remember that the reason they moved it back to 8 PM Eastern is that there was a huge outcry from the players. It seems no one was happy with that change.
What if Inno changed from tiles losing the protective shield all at the same time to a straight 24 hour protective shield? Would this lessen the necessity of being online at calc? Perhaps this would lessen the "traffic" at calc. Calc would simply be the time points were added and updates were performed.
I like this idea. It would definitely take some getting used to for long time GvGers, but it would actually add an element to GvG that is missing now. There's not much of an element of surprise when everybody fights at the same time.
I also think if the lag were somehow reduced more people would return to PC playing.
I don't know if that would happen, but former GvGers that gave up in frustration might return to the fray.

My suggestion in another thread was to modify the Defense Army boosts and AI, with the aim of reducing auto battling. Manual battling would be less of a load, and would be spread out more than fighting is now, which would help alleviate the crush immediately after recalc. The modifications I suggested were to add the a/d boost numbers from either the level 3 or level 4 GE end encounter to the a/d boost that DAs currently get from guild support pool. Along with that, switch the AI defense program to match the one on the Continent Map, rather than the one in the rest of the game. Players would be forced to battle manually more often and use less Rogues, which would spread the battle times out over a longer period of time. It would also lessen the processing needs, as the AI in manual battles only has to handle defense army moves. Now I know that most GvGers, especially the serious ones, have gotten used to the auto battling system so I doubt my suggestion will fly, but I thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought.

BruteForceAttack

Along those lines, earlier you (I think) mentioned when they had moved the recalc time to morning rather than evening, but you couldn't remember why it got moved back. I remember that, and also remember that the reason they moved it back to 8 PM Eastern is that there was a huge outcry from the players. It seems no one was happy with that change.

I like this idea. It would definitely take some getting used to for long time GvGers, but it would actually add an element to GvG that is missing now. There's not much of an element of surprise when everybody fights at the same time.

I don't know if that would happen, but former GvGers that gave up in frustration might return to the fray.

My suggestion in another thread was to modify the Defense Army boosts and AI, with the aim of reducing auto battling. Manual battling would be less of a load, and would be spread out more than fighting is now, which would help alleviate the crush immediately after recalc. The modifications I suggested were to add the a/d boost numbers from either the level 3 or level 4 GE end encounter to the a/d boost that DAs currently get from guild support pool. Along with that, switch the AI defense program to match the one on the Continent Map, rather than the one in the rest of the game. Players would be forced to battle manually more often and use less Rogues, which would spread the battle times out over a longer period of time. It would also lessen the processing needs, as the AI in manual battles only has to handle defense army moves. Now I know that most GvGers, especially the serious ones, have gotten used to the auto battling system so I doubt my suggestion will fly, but I thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought.

DeletedUser29468

I would venture to guess that the number of serious GvGers is probably less than 10% of the total of active players. It is very, very easy to find a good guild that does no, or very little, GvG, and relatively hard to find a good guild that does a lot of GvG.

GvG players may be a fraction of the number of players, but I would venture to guess they represent more than half the money spent on FoE. I'm pretty sure I spend way more than the median among players in my world. How do you think we get all the SoKs and other FP producing buildings to get the hyper-leveled attack GBs? :)

BruteForceAttack

Even with higher defence of c-map, I just use 8 of something and almost always win. Making a tile harder to win only just block all new guilds/ player's from GVG

-Athena-

Lol.. here's what's cute .. continuing to submit tickets knowing you're getting the same run around and inaction every single time. At what point do you realize inaction every single time is the answer and run around avoids stating it?

Honestly @athena9, I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by starting this up yet again. Do you really think a new round of outrage will change the outcome? All I see is that you've now stirred up a bunch of players from several servers to come here and vent. To what end? What on Earth can you or anyone else you've sent here say on this forum that's going to change the information that Inno is basing it's decisions on?

#Making GvG Great Again? Really? Don't you think building false hopes knowing they'll only lead to real disappointments is kinda mean? I do. Nice job.

We have the right to have our voices heard. And no one really knows what Inno is intending to do or not do. It's all speculation. Nothing is set in stone. Minds can be changed. Ideas can be formed. Why not try? What is wrong with hope?

#GvG Matters

BruteForceAttack

We have the right to have our voices heard. And no one really knows what Inno is intending to do or not do. It's all speculation. Nothing is set in stone. Minds can be changed. Ideas can be formed. Why not try? What is wrong with hope?

#GvG Matters
Problem is folks who have no clue about what GVG is all about, keep telling us GVG players GVG is dead

DeletedUser

GvG players may be a fraction of the number of players, but I would venture to guess they represent more than half the money spent on FoE.
If that were true now (as I'm sure it was a few years ago), don't you think Inno would be doing something about GvG? Do you all really think Inno is neglecting the biggest money making part of its game? No, I'm guessing that the only reason GvG is still around is out of respect for those long time players who at one time were the biggest spenders. It is clear from the direction the game has gone that mobile players and Events are the biggest money makers now.
It would be nice to see how many Gvg fights you have, I have about 100k fights total and 90% of them are GVG.
For me, it is impossible to say how many fights I've had. The stats only tell us how many we've won, and I've deleted several cities over the years. The total number is probably in the high 10s of thousands (I just checked one city and the number of won battles was a little over 10,000), the majority of which are either PvP, GE, DC or quests of one type or another.
I'd be curious as to how many of those 100k battles you actually fought, and how many you just hit auto on.

BruteForceAttack

If that were true now (as I'm sure it was a few years ago), don't you think Inno would be doing something about GvG? Do you all really think Inno is neglecting the biggest money making part of its game? No, I'm guessing that the only reason GvG is still around is out of respect for those long time players who at one time were the biggest spenders. It is clear from the direction the game has gone that mobile players and Events are the biggest money makers now.

For me, it is impossible to say how many fights I've had. The stats only tell us how many we've won, and I've deleted several cities over the years. The total number is probably in the 10s of thousands (I just checked one city and the number of won battles was a little over 10,000), the majority of which are either PvP, GE, DC or quests of one type or another.
I'd be curious as to how many of those 100k battles you actually fought, and how many you just hit auto on.

-Athena-

It would be nice to see how many Gvg fights you have, I have about 100k fights total and 90% of them are GVG.
I hit 100k fights a week or so ago. I'd say 90% of them are GvG as well. And I don't champ farm. I like the adrenaline rush I get from fighting an actual guild trying to get in fills and resieging, defending, attacking. And we spend 15 to 30 min strategizing before calc. It's not just let's go hit all of their tiles. There are good moves, bad moves...all kinds of strategical tricks and surprises you use.
I really would invite anyone who ever wants to see us in action at calc in E world to come on down.

Algona

Since I started this thread shouldn't I have a say when and where it is moved?

Why, no.

If this were a bug report it would address the questions in the stickied thread

Please read before posting Bugs and Errors!

Instead, it's a well organized group whine.

Which is fine, keep whining, and complaining, and threatening, it;s worked so well for all of you over the years.

----------

I wonder... What would be the effect of lag disappearing? Who comes out on top? The best organized Guilds? The players with the fastest internet connections? The fastest reflexes? The dastest computers?

Maybe lag is the great equalizer that gives inferior players the opportunity to compete.

How about all you whiners? Maybe lag is the only thing protecting you now?

----------

Go ahead, quit. Go on Diamond strike. Do whatever you want. It won't make a difference to INNO. Your Guild will suffer, but that's OK, some other Guild will profit.

The assumption that the money spent on GvG is significant is laughably wrong. INNO has ignored your requests, demands, whines, strikes, quitting for years.

You can keep spending the money you spend in which case INNOO will continue it's intense effort of doing nothing.

You can stop spending money, in which case you'll lose your holdings and ranking to other Guilds. Guess what INNO will do? Nothing. Because some other Diamond spenders will move into GvG.

You can quit the game. Do you really think INNO will care? What's more likely? They fix GvG after you and others quit or run more Events and find more time and Diamond (GE, DC, Settlements) sinks? A hint for the completely clueless out there: take a look at what's happened over the years. Fixing GvG or adding other features?

It's amazing how people can be so good at this game while being so bad at thinking.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

This is just 1 world, I gave up on other worlds. GVG is all about speed, , we had auto battle before, but INNO gave us short cut to auto battle last year. My point is that with my attack and defence, I can auto battle c- map with 2 age lower troops and win.

Our guild in S has 300 + top days, yeah it's not like in A or B world With 1 k + top days. But before you NON GVG player's say how GvG Should work, you first do real gvg

DeletedUser

GVG is all about speed, , we had auto battle before, but INNO gave us short cut to auto battle last year.
Which is ironic because that is probably the cause of the worsening lag and other issues.
My point is that with my attack and defence, I can auto battle c- map with 2 age lower troops and win.
Another irony. All you GvGers who constantly proclaim that this is a fighting game don't actually fight. I do more actual fighting in one week of GE than you do in a year of GvG auto battles.

Seriously, the reason these rants about GvG lag are always so badly received by other players is the arrogance displayed in them. GvG is not some mystic ritual that only those involved know about. And it isn't the main feature of the game that it once was. And Inno's revenue stream doesn't depend on it like it might have at one time in the past. Whether Inno ever does anything to fix GvG is irrelevant to most players, they're busy doing GE and DCs and Settlements and never ending events. The only real effect most of us would notice if GvG were to disappear is that the guild rankings would change...but then those rankings only really matter to GvGers anyway, so...

BruteForceAttack

You clearly made our point, you as a mod, don't believe in gvg, for that matter arc, so you should stop posted as a mod how the game should be played. Make sure in your future poss you clarify if that post is as a mod or as a player.

Add to that, if you are NOT a serious GVG player's, just go and do your Vikings 15 times or something else. This is not your thread.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

you as a mod, don't believe in gvg
No, I as a player don't like GvG. It is an actual thing whether one believes so or not.
Make sure in your future poss you clarify if that post is as a mod or as a player.
I'm pretty sure most people can tell when I'm posting in my official capacity as a mod and when I'm not. Here's a hint: When we're talking about the game, I'm almost always posting as a player. Just keep in mind that I am no more privy to any inside information on Inno's plans than you are.

BruteForceAttack

No, I as a player don't like GvG. It is an actual thing whether one believes so or not.

I'm pretty sure most people can tell when I'm posting in my official capacity as a mod and when I'm not. Here's a hint: When we're talking about the game, I'm almost always posting as a player. Just keep in mind that I am no more privy to any inside information on Inno's plans than you are.