• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Lag - "tile 38,75"

BruteForceAttack

As I understand things, the developers usually only read the Beta forum, not this one.

I've said this before. Inno knows how many players participate in GvG, and I know it is an exceedingly small proportion of the total number of players. I'm only restating this because it doesn't help your point to continue quoting unfounded assumptions that you've been told are wrong. I want to emphasize that I am on your side as far as fixing GvG issues. GvG players are a dedicated bunch, and deserve to enjoy GvG with minimal issues, if at all possible. However, the vast majority of active players do little or no GvG at all, and also deserve to be treated with respect. They are playing the parts of the game they enjoy, just as GvGers are, and there is no right or wrong choice in that. GvG is simply one aspect of a multi-faceted game.

I really want to know when you post something if you are posting as a mod or as a player.

Because when you say things like "and I know it is an exceedingly small proportion of the total number of players." it is really confusing to the forum. So please as courtesy when you make assumptions or what you think, please always qualify if you are talking for inno or just making assumptions based on whatever.

I am sorry that u misunderstood what I am saying - I said something separate about mobile players who "fight" and it's much easier to "fight" on a computer while doing aiding, harvesting, pouring on fps to a GB etc while on mobile. Seasoned players know the difference and when it's more useful to use a mobile connection rather than computer. I am stating that most if not all of us who have computers also are mobile. Fighting in any form or manner is best done on a computer, less hassle, less mistakes and better results. Just like donating fps to a GB fast is best done on a phone/ iPad device... so while u are separating mobile players exclusively from GvG players and computer players in general, I am saying that there is a much greater percentage of players who do BOTH not either/ or.

RazorbackPirate

I am sorry that u misunderstood what I am saying
Your point was clear. We understood you just fine.

According to Inno, the company’s revenue is at an all-time high and grew revenues 37% from mobile, largely on the success of the mobile version of Forge of Empires. The highest-ranking revenue market, the US, had the highest mobile revenue share with 50%.

Think about that. Mobile customers, who cannot access GvG grew revenue for Inno by 37% last year.

@BruteForceAttack, facts don't change based on what capacity, player or mod, @Stephen Longshanks delivers them. However, I do understand that your ability to dismiss them hinges on the distinction. But please, don't believe the facts from me either. You can find them on the InnoGames.com press release page.

Let's say 50% of FoE US players have access GvG. Generously assuming that 30% of these customers fight GvG daily, a whopping 15% of FoE customers engage in GvG. Don't know what world of business you cut you're teeth in, but in every business I've been in, an ever dwindling 15% of your customer base engaging in a daily activity is "exceedingly small." Compound that issue with a record 37% revenue growth fueled by the 50% of customers who don't even have access to GvG and you have your current conundrum.

This is why Inno won't invest money to change/improve GvG 'as is'. The only investment coming in GvG will be targeted squarely at the 50% of it's customer base fueling their record 37% growth. I don't know when the investment will come, but when it does, it will be a complete re-conceptualization of GvG from the ground up. If they're smart, it will involve a whole lot more cooperative guild play than just coordinating auto-battles at recalc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I really want to know when you post something if you are posting as a mod or as a player.

Because when you say things like "and I know it is an exceedingly small proportion of the total number of players." it is really confusing to the forum. So please as courtesy when you make assumptions or what you think, please always qualify if you are talking for inno or just making assumptions based on whatever.
I've said before that it's pretty clear when I'm posting as a mod. My job as a mod is to help administrate the rules of the Forum. So if I'm not saying something about the rules or participants' behavior, it is safe to assume that I am posting as a player.

As to my comment about the small proportion of players that participate in GvG, that is easily deduced from facts known to all. Let's just take Sinerania as an example, as that is the oldest world where I currently have a city. There are 77 guilds that hold territory currently on the Iron through Future maps. (I didn't bother with the AA map, but I believe there is only one guild that holds territory there that isn't on another map.) Those 77 guilds are comprised of 2047 players. 34 of those guilds, however, only hold territory on one map. Many of those only hold one sector. That leaves 43 guilds comprised of 1602 players that hold territory on at least two maps.
There are 4,499 guilds listed on the global rankings on Sinerania. Even if you consider that 90% of those are inactive or barely active, that would still leave 449 active guilds. GvG guilds would comprise 17% of those, but those that hold territory on more than one map would only be 9.6% of the total.
According to the fan data site, there are 7755 active players on Sinerania with 5277 of those being active fighters. (Obviously, fighters is not determined by GvG participation alone.) So the percentage of active players that belong to a guild holding territory on at least one GvG map is 26.4%. Players belonging to a guild holding territory on at least 2 GvG maps is 20.6%. The percentage of active fighters belonging to a guild holding territory on at least one GvG map is 38.8%. In guilds holding territory on at least 2 GvG maps is 30.4%.

Now when you consider that the percentage of members in a GvG guild that actually do the fighting is probably almost always less than 50%, then you would see that the percentage of players that could be considered serious GvGers is less than 10% of active players, at best. And all that is derived from information available to every player.

DeletedUser2355

Since this long ago turned into a game discussion and not a bug report, I'm going to move it to Forge Hall. You can carry on the discussion of GvG issues there.
lol... people are saying something not working in the game buy you say not a bug... hmmm Anyone think this bug ever gonna get fixed?

-Athena-

GvG was actually decent for a few days but another event and back to virtually unplayable. Pattern anyone. Funny how Inno has zeroed in on how some of us only do events if there is an attack boost building but eventually that won't even be a carrot on a stick if GvG continues to be lag ridden and bug infested.

On a positive note recalc timer happens quick now and no longer takes 2 minutes.....think since the database update but not sure. A step in the right direction. Keep going.

RazorbackPirate

I don't have information on when GvG issues may be addressed but as far as I know it is still being looked at to determine the best ways to address it. And no, GvG is not dying. Just because issues are not prioritized the way some would like does not mean they will never be addressed.

Zarok Dai - Community Manager - STAFF MEMBER - Beta Forum

#GvGforAll