• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Make ALL Hexes Landing Zones

mstorm

I Propose making GvG ALL landing zones. To many guilds camping racking up guild bonus points, and to many Guilds farming GvG hexes that no one can reach. You make the entire map landing zones. This will do a way with 1/2 the farming for Bonus points, and will eliminate a lot of the hex farming off in the corners of the map that no body can reach.
It's kinda ridicules now in GvG, farming is way out of control. When someone can put up over 100 million PvP points in one day in GvG from farming 20 hexes released and NO ONE CAN REACH THEM to attack those hexes. Thats taking farming to a NEW extreme. And the best way to fix all this, is make every single hex in GvG a landing zone. Or make a air drop attack where guilds can air drop troops to distance hexes in GvG a couple times a day. Put a daily limit on how many air drop attacks you can have in GvG every 24 hours.
In World Wars paratroops would be dropped in behind enemy lines for a military strike where the enemy would not expect it. May be do the same in GvG. Let us drop in on any hexes to attack a certain number of times per day. Or just unlock the entire maps for all Landing zones. ;) GvG farming needs to be fixed. And what better way to fix the problem is by making every Hex a landing zone. No one is protected, everyone has same advantages. Makes it a equal playing field again.

DeletedUser21322

Please post in proper proposal format or this will be moved.

DeletedUser26965

yeah hopefully one day they change how the "PvP" competitions work, you really shouldn't be mixing the goal of "PvP", which are the towers, with GvG, GE and cMap, just messes with the whole essence of each.

Salsuero

I would vote yes if this were to be put into the proper format so it stays a proposal. I feel like the "entrenchment" aspect of GvG also artificially inflates strong guilds' ability to remain that way and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more action from other areas of the map that aren't always the limiting landing zones where most of the smaller guilds get removed so the bigger guilds can wage their wars. I think this might let some of the smaller guilds keep some tiles for a bit if they don't need to be taken just to be used as staging areas by warring factions.

DeletedUser3882

Makes it a equal playing field again.
GvG is NOT an equal playing field. Never has been nor should it be. It is a completely different monster requiring multiple strategies for success. The guilds you speak of may have players with high level attack bldgs and Traz’s but surely they have worked behind the scenes to hammer out alliances and agreements to help protect their borders. You weren’t involved so you have no idea what kind of parlays, trades, or otherwise have been made to someone’s detriment or benefit. Give up the idea that GvG is a one man (or guild) show and understand that some out of the box thinking/strategy is required. D-Day was not just the U.S. storming Normandy. It was multiple countries working hand in hand, with decoys and diversions, espionage and infiltrations in place weeks/months in advance for that invasion to even come close to being a success. And a very costly success with lives lost at that. Keep that in mind when proposing that you Guild gets involved and expects any chance of success and when dreaming up any changes to it! It is not for the weak willed. NO!!!!!

make a air drop attack where guilds can air drop troops to distance hexes in GvG
In World Wars paratroops would be dropped in behind enemy lines for a military strike where the enemy would not expect it.

I do like this idea, however, but it cannot be a daily nor multiple times per day achievement. This is a game changer and should be a great challenge to acquire. Let’s start with a guild that finishes GE at 130% acquires *one* air drop siege. Use that 1 siege and fail, that’s it. Want another? GE finish at 130%. Complete it multiple weeks and bank up some air drops for multiple sieges. Just one idea, BUT these cannot be given out freely.

DeletedUser15539

I say we should leave the GvG landing zones the way they are.

But if a change were to be made, then I would support making the LZ closer to the real world. Where some sectors are never LZ (no change), and others are at alternating times. Of course, that would throw a monkey wrench into everyone's planning, just like in real life.