GVG MAP Move up and down

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Elis the Mighty, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

1. Elis the Mighty

Elis the Mighty New Member

Proposal Format

Proposal
    The possibility to move up,down,left and right arrow on the GvG Map.

Current System (if applicable)
    Now we can check the maps only by moving the mouse .

Details
    When somebody plays with a laptop it is really frustrating checking or moving into the maps and it takes time to move form one side to another side of the map.with the arrows it would be great ;)

Abuse Prevention
    i do not think there are any abuses.

Visual Aids

Conclusion

In my opinion it will be easier to check the map by moving with the arrows of the keyboard like we do in the city.For example if anyone is attacking you guild you will have the chance to find faster one sector that is under attack/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 1:26 AM
    Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  2. MCH1

MCH1 Active Member

Please put in proper proposal format, thanks.

3. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Active Member

This needs the required proposal format:
    Proposal
    Briefly outline what your proposal entails.

The system that currently exists in-game that is being replaced or improved by the feature you are proposing.

Details
    Here you should give the details of your idea, explaining how it works, why you've suggested it and all other information you feel is necessary to convey the importance of the addition of your proposal.

Abuse Prevention
    If there are any avenues for abuse that open with your proposal, state any safeguards present in your idea that closes them.

Visual Aids
    Post any images you have created to demonstrate the implementation of your proposed feature. Please remember that any images posted must fit within the file size restrictions specified in the Forum Rules.

Conclusion
    Any final comments to try and gain your proposal the favor of the community.
    I withhold my vote until the proposal is in the correct format.

EDIT: @MCH1 ninja'ed me :)

4. Elis the Mighty

Proposal Format

Proposal
    The possibility to move up,down,left and right arrow on the GvG Map.

Now we can check the maps only by moving the mouse .

Details
    When somebody plays with a laptop it is really frustrating checking or moving into the maps and it takes time to move form one side to another side of the map.with the arrows it would be great ;)

Abuse Prevention
    i do not think there are any abuses.

Visual Aids

Conclusion

In my opinion it will be easier to check the map by moving with the arrows of the keyboard like we do in the city.For example if anyone is attacking you guild you will have the chance to find faster one sector that is under attack/

5. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Active Member

+1. I find that frustrating as well. All the devs would have to do would be to copy the arrow key/WASD move code over to the GvG maps.

Elis the Mighty likes this.
  6. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Good idea. (Incidentally, you can go back and edit your original post to put it in the proper format. Many people will otherwise keep telling you about format because they might not see the corrected version down the thread.)

7. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

use a mouse

8. Elis the Mighty

even when i use the mouse on my desktop it`s the same frustration :)

9. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

10. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

11. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

After playing for almost 3 years this proposal taught me I can scroll my city using the arrow keys... just for that I have to vote yes.

12. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Active Member

You can also use WASD :p

Manda the first likes this.
  13. heybo

heybo Well-Known Member

SHORTCUT!!

I’m implying here that you have placed a siege on a map that you hold no sectors. If you do control any land, the map will automatically center on your sectors negating the need for this proposal, yes?!?

If you are frustrated sieging an advantageous sector on an “unadvantageous sector for default map centering”, where you default back to center of the map once done with a battle (causing you to scroll, scroll, scroll to find your siege again..) I suggest...

Open up event history, and then *your* guild actions shown under the green icon.

When you complete a battle, get defeated and start anew, and/or abort regardless and you restart at the center of the map by default, if you have this window open, it will stay open. It will show “siege placed” and as battle ensues, will show “enemy army damaged” at sector x, y.

All you have to do is click on one of the notifications in that window and the screen will immediately jump to that sector allowing you to jump right into battle.

Done. Over with. One extra click = one extra millisecond on a siege on a new, “undiscovered” map.

This is the *only* purpose I can come up with for this proposal. If you’re on the map currently, it automatically centers on your currently controlled sectors.

If, by chance, the OP has some handicap, or otherwise limited, I do apologize as I’m not trolling (implying here that they don’t know about clicking on active battles in the event window), but the current drag and scroll mechanism for active gvg’ers is suitable for “watching the maps” around their sectors. Scrolling around and looking elsewhere across the maps (as implied by the proposal) is akin to visiting other players cities with all the delays that that entails.

Why do you need a keyboard shortcut when a suitable (and potential quicker one) already exists?!?

I’m currently a no without further info. Are you just looking?!? Actively involved?? What’s the purpose??

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 12:36 AM
  14. heybo

heybo Well-Known Member

Likewise, under the enemy (red) tab, it will show all actions taken by other guilds against your own, *if* you currently hold sectors. Sieges placed and damaged caused to your defense.

Click box, taken *directly* to sector in question.

I’ve covered attack *and* defense. Quick. Easy. Minimal time delay (= msec).

What’s the point of this proposal?!? 0_o

I only ask because most end up not wasting the devs time. If you’re active on the maps, all you really need to do is keep watch on this screen. Scrolling not needed. If you’re *not*?!? I really don’t see the point... Please show me.

15. Elis the Mighty

I understand what you mean,but usually when you do an map check if any of you sector`s in under attack or if there is any siege on the map it`s really easier to check for it

16. Musak99

Musak99 New Member

+1
    You can also try ctrl + mouse scroll to zoom out and get a larger view of a map. This can be useful when looking for new LZ or seeing what's happening if you hold tiles at multiple locations on a map. I like this idea though as it seems as though it would be quicker to navigate a map.

17. Elis the Mighty

Ctrl + mouse is what i do for the mom but still it is really helpfull with the arrow