• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG Question

DeletedUser32009

Hi,
How can a guild be on one side of the map with tiles under protection and 1 not under protection. Then at the same time have another bouncing tile a long way away that has no other tiles near it? It is like they landed in the middle of the map while having no other sectors near it, and have tiles miles away. I dont understand. (I am inexperienced in GVG, so trying to learn something here)
Thank you all :)

DeletedUser26965

Hi,
How can a guild be on one side of the map with tiles under protection and 1 not under protection. Then at the same time have another bouncing tile a long way away that has no other tiles near it? It is like they landed in the middle of the map while having no other sectors near it, and have tiles miles away. I dont understand. (I am inexperienced in GVG, so trying to learn something here)
Thank you all :)
Your question is a bit confusing to me and I don't know what you mean by bouncing tile. You can have sectors separated from each other by either releasing the sectors in between or if they were taken over by someone else or potentially if you were attacking two sides of a map prior to reset and took one side just before reset then took the other side after reset. Just a side note but a sector not connected to the HQ doesn't a receive defense bonus. If there's a sector under protection all it means is it was taken sometime since the last reset and if there's a sector with no protection that means they had it since at least the last reset.

DeletedUser32009

Sorry for the confusion. I will try to explain better.
On one side of the map is 1 tile not protected and 3 protected. Way on the other side of the map is 1 tile protected.
How did they get 1 protected tile across the map if they are already on the other side of the map?

DeletedUser26965

Sorry for the confusion. I will try to explain better.
On one side of the map is 1 tile not protected and 3 protected. Way on the other side of the map is 1 tile protected.
How did they get 1 protected tile across the map if they are already on the other side of the map?
Sounds like the third reason I gave then. They started out with no sectors at all then prior to reset, set multiple sieges up, took one sector before reset, that's the one without protection, and took the rest after reset so all the others now get protection.

DeletedUser32009

Oh so if you have 1 sector protected (before reset) You can still land on a different part of the map, miles away?

DeletedUser32009

I appreciate you trying to help me understand this. I thought you had to fight from 1 sector to an adjoing, but can then drop sectors between. I dont see how someone got so far away though with 1 protected tile and nothing near it.
edit to add. I think I understand what you mean now. They were landing on both and finished 1 before reset.

DeletedUser26965

Oh so if you have 1 sector protected (before reset) You can still land on a different part of the map, miles away?
If you still have a siege up yes, if not then no.
I appreciate you trying to help me understand this. I thought you had to fight from 1 sector to an adjoing, but can then drop sectors between. I dont see how someone got so far away though with 1 protected tile and nothing near it.
Yes but like I mentioned they set multiple sieges up prior to reset, as long as those sieges remain up you can attack the sector.

DeletedUser26965

You can set two areas to land at the same time on a map?
Yes, you can set 20 sieges if you like all completely separated from each other and take one after the other, as long as none of the sieges get destroyed after taking the first one you can keep taking them because your siege will still be there. Don't feel bad for not knowing this, I've known players who have played for years not know this.

DeletedUser32009

Thank you so much for your patience in explaining that to me. Have a great day! :)

wolfhoundtoo

While this tactic does work you need to remember that if anyone else doesn't want you to land in multiple spots they might kill your sieges. So it usually requires a decent amount of coordination and multiple players (depending on your opponents). Also if you are going to make use of the technique you need to remember that once your sector comes out of protection you'll need to work fast on taking another sector since presumably your opponents will be very interested in removing that stand alone sector.

DeletedUser5493

GVG is a joke and i am about to quit the game because of it. Requires no skill at all. You waste your time taking sectors only to lose them right away. BS.

DeletedUser26965

GVG is a joke and i am about to quit the game because of it. Requires no skill at all. You waste your time taking sectors only to lose them right away. BS.
Instead of posting your comment about GvG on various threads why not post a new thread in the Forge Hall explaining why you feel it requires no skill at all and how you think it should be changed to make it more skillful. And perhaps explain why you think it's bs to lose sectors.

DeletedUser3882

I think you’re missing the point(s)... There’s hella fun to be had regardless of whether it’s in a group with your guild mates or if it’s just you going solo...

Personally, I find it hilarious and quite demoralizing to nefarious guilds/players when doing artwork within their territory.

“Hello my name is Heybo, and I like to do ‘drewerings!”

8AEABC20-BBC3-477E-9B94-B9B1630FE65D.jpeg

See where I chopped their heads off?!?