GvG Sector Buildings

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by MrSlinky, Jul 27, 2017.

1. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

This was a live QandA that they did on a facebook video chat

2. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I see this was nominated for voting. There doesn't seem to be much support or many against.

I neber was able to wrap my mind around this, I have no idea if this a good thing or not.

But I encourage others to voye on this. it 's a potentially phenomenal idea.

3. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

The reason I nominated it was because It has been 2 weeks (the required time to nominate) and there have been no further comments in the last few days (until tonight of course) and perhaps when its being voted on, people will show their opinions then because so far the comments appear to have died

4. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

1. A proposal can be nominated for voting by the creator when they feel it is ready. This is done in the Proposal Nomination thread. In order for the proposal to be accepted for voting, it must have undergone some amount of discussion and received generally positive reviews from the community. The Proposals moderator can also send proposals straight through to the voting stage if they so desire (usually done in the event of an inactive OP).
    It;s a game changing idea. Radical. Terrific. Huge possibilities.

Why not give this some time? Trying to implement a major change to the game on the basis of the opinions of less then 10 people seems a mite hasty.

There's no hurry here, the Proposal will be as valid in two weeks as it is today, Except more people will have the chance to review and vommnet or ignore it.

5. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

Good point

6. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Let me say this once more. I think this is an amazing idea. But I am not smart enough to figure out the ramifications of it.

So I would really like to see some discussion on that.

7. Ian the Enlightened

Ian the Enlightened New Member

Adobe recently announced flash as EOL in 2020, so the desktop client will have to be substantially redone. The developers have enough to do porting over existing features like the guild forums, global chat, swapping buildings in place, and the hundred other features in the desktop version missing from the mobile client that most of my members use, let alone a desktop rewrite in HTML 5 or whatever they choose.

This is a beautiful, expansive proposal with all sorts of possibility, but I feel time is better spent getting the features we already have to run uniformly everywhere.

No.

8. Oskie66

Oskie66 Active Member

I have also heard there are no plans to bring it to mobile and the lag/hanging issues has been going on for well over a year now.

9. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

regardless of if they port over to mobile or not, honestly that's not what my proposal is even remotely about. I don't see why they can't do cleanups and additions at the same time. As a programmer myself I see no harm in this. Whether players will like it or not is the key issue, not the programability. Yes I heard of the update to come as well, that may well cause a problem in the near future, however no one said Inno will even implement this until AFTER they do the rework if they accept this proposal

10. joshua.liu

joshua.liu Active Member

I like this idea, If i was you i would post this on the beta forum and see if it gains any more traction there.

Dursland likes this.
  11. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

Yeah i should do that, thanks for the input :)

Dursland likes this.
  12. MrSlinky

MrSlinky Member

So I tried posting in it in the beta and I couldn't find where to post. There's no proposals or forge hall or anything I could find similar to that in the forums. Perhaps the discussions thread there but I don't have a forums account and it errors me out every time I try posting :/ maybe one of you with an account already can post a link to this?

13. Dursland

Dursland Forum Moderator Staff Member

You have to create a beta games account and make it to iron age before you can post. It's a pain but only gotta do it once, takes like a day.

joshua.liu likes this.