1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

GvG users Guide

Discussion in 'Best Guides' started by DeM2, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ByeOrDie

ByeOrDie Well-Known Member

I believe the daily calculation has to occur while you're sieging a sector, and there must be enough support pool to reach that sector, but I'm not 100% sure

2. wolfmom21fl

wolfmom21fl New Member

If you defeat an HQ and it is the only sector held by that guild then the Guild is removed from that map. If they own other sectors then the HQ is automatically moved to the next closest sector owned by that guild

3. Mojochi

Mojochi Member

How long can a guild keep a siege active, assuming another guild doesn't fight against your siege army?

4. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

There is no limit.

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Member

Interesting... Thanks

6. I think this was changed in the last update or one of the updates since this comment was posted.
    I am unable to delete or remove any of the armies I have in defense currently or is this that needs to be fixed from a update screw up?
    We currently are working with an ally and want to make it easier for them to pass through our sectors with out costing them troops the only way I could think to do this would be exactly what is quoted above but the problem is it does not allow you do this.
    Is this a bug that need fixed or has it actually been changed to allow you to do so?

7. awcrapilost

awcrapilost Guest

You can replace the current armies with different armies, but nothing can be deleted out of a sector anymore. A good deal of the guide info is behind some of the game changes and should be updated.

Killa KoKo likes this.
  8. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

Valid point as this is about all we have to direct our new players to research on their own, and with all the changes that have been made since GvG began it only adds to the complexity for players trying to learn. Without a proper guide we really unfortunately have to find another player to directly teach us or figure it out for ourselves, as probably many of us have done.

caveman64 likes this.
  9. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

It would be great to assemble a list of changes that need to be made.

10. caveman64

caveman64 Active Member

So...who draws the short straw, lol.

I don't trust my own researching skills enough to attempt this task. I'm almost positive I would screw things up.

11. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

How about people suggest changes, then ByeOrDie and/or I can vet them and put them in. It will still help a lot to have a list to work from.

Though it's entirely possible ByeOrDie has already got an updated guide on the en server... should see what he says :)

12. ByeOrDie

ByeOrDie Well-Known Member

Well, I have an updated guide waiting to be put on EN, but was told it needed to be approved or something like that. I'll check up on it after I'm done updating the ranking points for buildings (as I need to reformat the GvG one now for a few posts due to the Xenforo migration), unless you guys prefer this one to be updated first.

13. Killa KoKo

Killa KoKo Active Member

Take all the time you need, if you already have a guide waiting in the wings. I can't imagine the countless hours you put into these guides. Thank you for that ByeorDie :)

14. Ez Rhino

Ez Rhino New Member

Not sure if I missed it or if its archived? When we initially conduct a landing is there an option to infiltrate the NPC or Player? like when fighting in PvP or conquering territories

15. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

No, you can't infiltrate in GvG

16. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

I could see that

17. Ez Rhino

Ez Rhino New Member

Thanks for the fast response

18. Lighthouse197

Lighthouse197 New Member

Question - what happens to an army that is replaced. I understand that if I replace an army, the troops I replace it with come out of my troops. What happens to the troops I am replacing? Do they go back to the original player that placed them?

19. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

No, those troops are simply deleted.

20. Lighthouse197

Lighthouse197 New Member

Did the Grant Freedom function change? We cannot seem to find the ability to grant freedom to move off a sector that is not strategic. We all have founders rights.