• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG users Guide

DeletedUser

Each person can drop 4 sectors per day. You cant drop the HQ, you have to move it before you can drop the sector its on.

DeletedUser22067

If someone could help me understand this I'd really appreciate it! When fighting in GvG, I was told that you couldn't set a siege on a sector that was more than 2 sectors away from your own guilds HQ. Why is this?

Ylisaveta

If you hold land in an era, you can set a siege on any sector that touches one of your unbubbled or unshielded sectors, in other words, any sector of yours that you've held since before the last recalculation/reset. If you take a sector, it becomes bubbled/shielded, and you cannot take a sector that only touches that bubbled sector unless you move your HQ to it. After the next recalc, when the bubble drops, you can then take any sector it touches, regardless of where your HQ is located.

Depending on the amount of support pool your guild has, your guild might not want to take sectors that are too far away from your HQ because the more sectors you hold, the more the support pool is split. The outer "layer" of sectors 2 or 3 sectors away in any direction gets the least support bonus if there isn't enough support pool available for a full bonus for all sectors you hold. So, this might also be a reason you were advised not to take a sector further away from your HQ.

DeletedUser22067

If you hold land in an era, you can set a siege on any sector that touches one of your unbubbled or unshielded sectors, in other words, any sector of yours that you've held since before the last recalculation/reset. If you take a sector, it becomes bubbled/shielded, and you cannot take a sector that only touches that bubbled sector unless you move your HQ to it. After the next recalc, when the bubble drops, you can then take any sector it touches, regardless of where your HQ is located.

Depending on the amount of support pool your guild has, your guild might not want to take sectors that are too far away from your HQ because the more sectors you hold, the more the support pool is split. The outer "layer" of sectors 2 or 3 sectors away in any direction gets the least support bonus if there isn't enough support pool available for a full bonus for all sectors you hold. So, this might also be a reason you were advised not to take a sector further away from your HQ.

Thank you for your response! I was just confused because we had taken the sector that was 2 sectors away from our HQ, which was just to the left of the enemy HQ and I thought that since their HQ was right there and also only 2 sectors away from our HQ that we could have taken their HQ as well, but I was told that we couldn't take it. Not that they didn't want to take it, but that we "couldn't" take it because it was too far away. This made no sense to me!

Estabon the Sane

Dido, you are correct that mobile apps for FoE do not have a GvG option.
However...there are a couple of mobile apps for web browsers that will allow you to open FoE like it was on a computer, and get to GvG that way. Puffin is one I have used. It tends to be slow and clunky on my IPad, but it DOES work. There may be better ones out there, but I haven't researched them.

Dursland

All the images in this guide are broken. That makes it less useful. Anyone willing to rewrite it with updated screenshots?