• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG users Guide

DeletedUser8152

Is it possible to delete a defending army from a sector that is under siege? (Let's say you mistakenly took a sector intended for an ally, and want to let them take it back from you.)

DeletedUser8152

In GvG is there a way to replace a defending army that has been damaged after an unsuccessful attack by an opposing guild? Must you wait for them to completely die and reopen a new slot?

You can delete a wounded army using the red "delete army" button, just like you would delete one of your own troops. You can then replace it, assuming you aren't under siege.

DeletedUser8152

should you allow freedom of sectors that you hold will you be allowed to start over in iron age gvg ? and would you be allowed to travel up river and start your first siege like starting over ?

Yes, if you release all your sectors, you can start over again at any available landing zone.

DeletedUser

You can delete a wounded army using the red "delete army" button, just like you would delete one of your own troops. You can then replace it, assuming you aren't under siege.

Tied to this question as well as if an army is defeated, will there ever be a cost to refill a defense slot that was previously unlocked? Does an unlocked slot STAY unlocked (so long as you maintain your control of the sector) or does the slot need to be unlocked again in either of these cases?

DeletedUser8152

If you delete an army, the slot remains unlocked, you don't have to pay goods to put in a replacement army.

I'm pretty sure the same thing happens if an army is destroyed by an opponent, you can replace it at no cost after you lift the siege.

lemonwedgie

So. Lets say you have laid siege on a sector, if you decide to pull that siege because you are losing, do you lose the goods you laid out? I keep getting different opinions on this. It really should be a yes or no answer :)

DeletedUser2145

So. Lets say you have laid siege on a sector, if you decide to pull that siege because you are losing, do you lose the goods you laid out? I keep getting different opinions on this. It really should be a yes or no answer :)

Yes, you already lost the goods when you placed the siege, so those goods are gone regardless of what happens to the siege.

Is there a limit to the number of members a guild can have?

The limit is 80 and it applies to both members and active invitations. If you have 78 members, then you may have just 2 invitations sent out at the time.

DeletedUser8152

Hi lemon! As you probably saw, NPC sectors do not heal when the clock turns.

DeletedUser10583

Thanks for the guide. Very informative. Sorry if I overlooked the answer to this but I have one quick question.

Are then any bonuses to the players participating in gvg or is it solely done for the advancement of the entire guild (which of course then gives bonuses to all the players in the guild)? For example, can goods, supplies, money, blueprints, or the like be won by participating in gvg?

DeletedUser2145

The bonuses you get from GvG, unless I'm missing something, can be:
Decreased healing time/training time for units;
Decreased construction cost for buildings;
Forge points from the Town Hall on a 24 hour basis;
Battle points from the battles you do;

DeletedUser10583

Thanks for the quick reply. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

One other question: Are units "given" to the guild still housed in your military buildings? So if I gave 8 archers to the siege army, would they still be housed in my archery ranges? Or would I be able to train 8 more archers from these buildings?

DeletedUser2145

Nope, as soon as you place units in defense or siege in GvG they are no longer yours and are not linked in any way to you --- so the unit slots in your military buildings become free and you can train new units.

DeletedUser10352

I see arrows bouncing down on the map, what do they stand for ? Are they the only point in witch you can set a Siege ?

DeletedUser7536

I'm trying to find out why my guild has no support pool bonus even though we have Observatories that say we should have...
we also have Zeus gbs but show nothing from those either....

DeletedUser8797

MY question is this IF my guild releases a sector with defensive armies in it do those armies automatically become the armies of the NPC? The second part is this IF my guild ONLY leaves one army behind Does the NPC automatically FILL the empty SLOTS ??? IT is vital to know these things when making decisions to "GRANT FREEDOM" :D THANL YOU for adressing this matter as I cant find the info ANYWHERE in the GvG users guide, believe me I looked TOO ! ! !