• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG users Guide

DeletedUser2145

@Anne --- Zeus has nothing to do with support pool, it does not help at all. Observatories provide a bonus to the initial support pool, that is then divided with the support pool factor for the specific age and would result in a smaller actual support pool. The bonus is only added after the daily recalculation for GvG.

@checkmate --- if you grant freedom to a sector, the remaining armies become the NPC armies. When you grant freedom to a sector there is at least 1 defending army left, which would be the NPC's army. If you delete the defending armies (delete them all, without granting freedom) then the NPC gets its own defending armies.

DeletedUser8797

@Anne --- Zeus has nothing to do with support pool, it does not help at all. Observatories provide a bonus to the initial support pool, that is then divided with the support pool factor for the specific age and would result in a smaller actual support pool. The bonus is only added after the daily recalculation for GvG.

@checkmate --- if you grant freedom to a sector, the remaining armies become the NPC armies. When you grant freedom to a sector there is at least 1 defending army left, which would be the NPC's army. If you delete the defending armies (delete them all, without granting freedom) then the NPC gets its own defending armies.
THANK YOU for the reply WE were asking because there are instances when you are "granting Freedom" where you would WANT TO delete ALL, EXCEPT one army; when you have an ALLY you want to make a sector EASY to conqueor :D AND obviously you might do this so they save their armies to battle a "COMMON ENEMY" :unsure: Not mentioning any names either :rolleyes: IF the shoe fits, you know the rest :evil: THANKS Again this is valuable information in planning :laugh:

DeletedUser8152

What about siege armies receiving a support bonus? Siege armies will only receive a support bonus if they are besieging a sector in a ring in which your guild owns sectors and if these guild sectors gain a support bonus. The support bonus siege armies will receive is equal to the support bonus that sectors owned by your guild in that ring receive. Important! The support bonus that a siege army receives is not deducted from the available support bonus. In other words, it 'leeches' from the other sectors in the ring.

Is this really correct? I've never noticed a siege army with a support bonus, even if it was close to the sieger's HQ. And I see a siege in place now (on G) that should have a bonus according to this, but it doesn't show any bonus.

DeletedUser2145

I'm not sure if it has been any recent change to it (I haven't been paying much attention to GvG changes recently) but it was definitely true at the time when it was written. Except I myself never managed to work out the details, despite seeing sieges with a support bonus. It might be that they only receive a bonus if they are up when the recalculation is done.

DeletedUser8152

It might be that they only receive a bonus if they are up when the recalculation is done.
That seems to be correct. The siege I looked at yesterday is still on, and today it does have a bonus. Thanks, that is very good to know!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3088

one thing to remember; if you delete armies and then grant freedom, you do not get goods for the slots that you deleted. You get goods back only on filled army slots at time of granted freedom.

DeletedUser7991

Can you please post the escalating costs of placing defending armies?

DeletedUser2145

1: Siege Army
2: Free
3: 30 goods
4: 30 goods
5: 60 goods
6: 60 goods
7: 90 goods
8: 90 goods

I believe those are still the same costs.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the post on GvG, and very informative. What is the "trusted status" with your guild when you try to access an opened defensive slot? How does this action gain the trusted status?

DeletedUser8152

Trusted status can be set by guild leaders in the guild membership screen. In the guild window (the one with your profile the the treasury) click on the members tab. Trusted is the last blue icon, with the little eye. Anyone with that set on can open slots, place sieges, and release sectors.

But you asked about placing troops into an open slot. You don't need trusted for that, anyone should be able to donate troops.

DeletedUser10295

Is there any issue using unassigned troops for placement in army slots?

DeletedUser6172

Is there any issue using unassigned troops for placement in army slots?
Only that it's dumb.

• Attached troops can be replaced in 24 hours.
  • Replacing unattached troops could take weeks, depending on what sort of luck you have with your Alcatraz.

DeletedUser13887

GvG headquarters only sector

That sector becomes yours. They lose that sector and the HQ gets moved.

If the guild has only the one sector which is HQ, what happens if it is taken? Thanks in advance. ;}

DeletedUser2145

They lose said sector and it becomes yours. Nothing special, they can then start looking for a new area in the landing zone sectors.

DeletedUser13552

Each new siege increases the cost of laying the next siege, but I'm told that if you reduce the sectors you hold (granting freedom to an NPC, for example) the cost of the next siege does not go up. In other words part of the formula for computing the cost of laying a new siege is the number of sectors the guild holds. Is that correct?

DeletedUser6172

Siege cost is determined by # of owned sectors + number of sieged sectors +1.

If you grant freedom to a sector, you'll recover half of the cost required to siege it again OR the full cost of the garrison slots that still have 1 or more bars.

For garrison slots the progression is 0+0+30+30+60+60+90+90=360*5 for 1800 total goods

Siege costs climb with the 1.5th power of the number of sectors,
see http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5780-GvG-goods-costs-per-siege

Once you have 20 sectors, half the siege costs will always exceed the cost of the garrison slots.

DeletedUser13552

What is the formula for determining the amount of goods your guild receives when granting freedom to a sector?

DeletedUser8152

What is the formula for determining the amount of goods your guild receives when granting freedom to a sector?
You get back half the cost of your last siege, plus 50% of the costs you paid to unlock def slots for that sector. (Counting only def slots that are in use.)

I don't think Kat's formula above is right, but maybe I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

You get back half the cost of your last siege, plus 50% of the costs you paid to unlock def slots for that sector. (Counting only def slots that are in use.)

I don't think Kat's formula above is right, but maybe I am wrong.
You need to run some experiments. You get the greater amount of either:
  • Half the cost of the replacement siege
  • ALL the cost of any garrison slots that still have at least one bar