• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG users Guide

DeletedUser8044

We have controlled a group of sectors for a few months now. I recently noticed that some of our inland sectors have sustained damage to our defensive armies. How can this be if those sectors are completely surrounded by our own sectors? I thought only sectors bordered by aggressive NPC sectors or rivers could sustain damage?

DeletedUser13552

I have a question about the support bonus. Suppose our guild has a sector that is receiving a 20% support bonus, and a rival guild attacks that sector. I understand that our defending armies will receive the 20% bonus, but suppose our guild decides to attack the rival guild's sieging army in that sector. Will our attacking armies get the 20% bonus as well? If not, is there ever any situation in which an attacking army receives the benefit of the support bonus?

DeletedUser6172

The defensive support sector bonus is based on the support pool of the guild, and it's identical for all maps. The pool, however, is divided by a factor for each map, so it covers fewer and fewer sectors, and it's then distributed +75 to the HQ, then +50 to "nearby" sectors, in groups of six. The lower zones have lower caps.

The offensive bonus is player by player. Note that the "Attack Bonus" also includes a defensive bonus that allows the attacking troops to absorb more hits before they die. A high attack bonus means the the fights will be shorter, and that your troops will take less damage, so as your attack bonus gets higher and higher it's more and more likely that your troops will be injured, rather than killed.

The sector defensive bonus is recalculated once per day, and has nothing to do with who placed the garrison armies nor with who captured the sector.

DeletedUser13552

Well, I don't see a direct answer to my question, but perhaps I worded the question badly. Once more, and I'll try to simplify. A support bonus comes from the support pool (I got that), but it appears that the support pool bonus ONLY goes to defensive armies in that sector (who are being attacked). Is it EVER possible for an ATTACKING army to receive ANY bonus from the support pool? If such a thing is possible, please provide an example. Thanks.

DeletedUser2145

The attacking army does not belong to the guild, it belongs to YOU so the guild bonuses have zero to do with it. The attacking army can have a bonus if YOU have a bonus. If you have a level 10 Zeus then you get 30% attack and defense to your attacking army.

DeletedUser12626

Does the "total" of products in a guild's effect the guild's levels?

Example, your city products go toward your city's overall score. The more products you have, the higher your score (all be it a small amount).

* or asked another way *

Should or should not a guild - NOT doing GvG - build the Observatory?
---> I thought members should build the Observatory so the products pile up and "total" works to level up guild.

In advance, thanks for your information.

DeletedUser2145

The total goods do not help level up the guild. Only power does, meaning the guild HAS to do GvG, OR otherwise you can use Hall of Fames.

DeletedUser15272

The question I have is if an ally has placed a siege army on a sector but does not own it yet, could my guild assist them with gaining the sector by attacking the defending army? Would our fighting the defending army harm their siege army?

DeletedUser11251

Is it just me, or is there currently no way to delete a defending army. Leader rights even can't seem to delete...is this a new "feature" with the latest update? Can't find any other posts about this...

DeletedUser8861

You can no longer delete a defending army....you can replace the army with another army, but you can't remove it.

DeletedUser11251

But trusted rights are required to replace armies...so anyone who can replace armies can also release sectors, lay sieges, etc? Is this the permanent situation or is this part of a long term plan involving army management?

DeletedUser

Can you grant freedom to a sector if it is currently under siege by an enemy guild? If not can you grant between sieges after an enemy guild lifts its current siege to drop a new siege army?

DeletedUser9184

Can you grant freedom to a sector if it is currently under siege by an enemy guild?
Nope
If not can you grant between sieges after an enemy guild lifts its current siege to drop a new siege army?
Yes :) I have seen guilds do this before to save on goods if they know for sure they are fighting a losing battle to try and keep a sector

DeletedUser6172

It's even more subtle than that. The attackers had you down to a couple of bars, you granted freedom, and now all of the sudden they're looking at 20 bars.

It's actually pretty easy to accomplish if you have TWO people so that one of you can monitor the swoosh WITHOUT fighting, so that your reaction time is minimal. If you break their siege, or if they delete their siege army to resiege, you can sneak in a Grant Freedom most of the time.

And then if they attack the NPC sector, you can attack their siege, or you can retake the sector yourself, in which case it will be shielded until the next recalc.

DeletedUser9184

It's even more subtle than that. The attackers had you down to a couple of bars, you granted freedom, and now all of the sudden they're looking at 20 bars.
If you grant freedom to a sector, the AI takes over all of your armies, so if you had 3 full-heath armies when you grant freedom, they'll still be looking at 30 bars...

DeletedUser11938

when you defeat an HQ, where does the HQ get moved to...is it random, are there rules that determine the location.

DeletedUser6172

It seems to go to the closest of their connected sectors, but it will jump to the nearest disconnected sector if need be.

The best tactic, therefore is to first capture the sectors where you DON'T want the HQ to go, and then capture the HQ and force it out of play.

DeletedUser9783

"Important! The support bonus that a siege army receives isnot deducted from the available support bonus. In other words, it 'leeches'from the other sectors in the ring."

Is the sieging army that leaches the available support bomus, a siege army placed before reset time but has not completed the siege? Or is the siege army receiving the leached bonus, a recently captured sector that is still under protection at the time of reset / daily calculations being done?

Better put would be, what qualifies a sieging army to receive the leached bomus?