• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG was half dead and now need to compete with the new kid on the block(GBG)

Algona

I want to believe that INNO will be looking to some feature in the future that builds upon the BETA PvP that will engage Guilds directly competing again

Me likey! There's some real interesting design space there.

Think I'll go play with that for a while.

icarusethan

I understand the stretch of inactivity, it's the difference in advancement pre and post break I'm struggling with. Over 1000 fights a day since your return in January? Are these the markings of another click bot offender? You cheating @icarusethan?
i guess you just think everyone who does 1000 fights or over cheating. that's fine, because you are not in top gbg guilds long enough to realize you can net 5000 fights if you stay focus on it every 4-6 hours, and you are not in top gvg guilds long enough to realize you can knock down 400 fights per night if you have a good city( which you don't have) and you don't hit every neighbor every day since you are just not active enough. but keep thinking the way you thinking, and accuse everyone who actually playing the game actively of cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

i guess you just think everyone who does 1000 fights or over cheating. that's fine, because you are not in top gbg guilds long enough to realize you can net 5000 fights if you stay focus on it every 4-6 hours, and you are not in top gvg guilds long enough to realize you can knock down 400 fights per night if you have a good city( which you don't have) and you don't hit every neighbor every day since you are just not active enough. but keep thinking the way you thinking, and accuse everyone who actually playing the game actively of cheating. Meanwhile, stay medicare, you seem to enjoy that very much
Yes, I am fully aware of that. I also have no interest in staying focused on it every 4-6 hours, nor being active enough to hit every neighbor every day. I have a job. And a life outside of the game. And yes, I've been in top GvG guilds long enough to know how they operate. I also know that it doesn't matter since I don't play GvG and likely never will.

What is so spectacular about your city that mine is somehow substandard. I compared our fight GBs. Yours are quite underpowered. What's your A/D. You keep insisting with no evidence, I'm willing to post numbers. You?

Last edited by a moderator:

lotsoffish

Really? You know this better than Inno? With no data except limited anecdotal accounts from the relatively few players you personally are acquainted with? If what you say were true, they would not have basically abandoned it (except for bug fixes) 5+ years ago. For a tiny minority of players, you might be right, but I've been playing 6 years and almost never touch GvG. If GvG were the highlight of this game, I would have been gone back in 2015. FYI: That 5% number was first reported by Inno years ago. It is probably much less now with all the other things to do.

Here's a thought, what percentage of the top 100 players in each world plays GvG? From what I see almost all the top 100 players in each world are GvG fighters. And the top 100 players are surely diamond buyers. So Inno may say 5% of all players use GvG but I would guess about 85% of the top 100 players on each world have an invested interest in GvG

Johnny B. Goode

Here's a thought, what percentage of the top 100 players in each world plays GvG? From what I see almost all the top 100 players in each world are GvG fighters.
Probably true, since point farming is a long established GvG tradition. Top 100 players is determined by ranking points and GvG has been a battle point farm for the top guilds since before I started 6 years ago. While true, it is a meaningless fact. Since the ranking points system is designed to favor GvG participation, it would only be interesting if the top 100 players did not engage in GvG.
And the top 100 players are surely diamond buyers.
Pure conjecture. Anything extrapolated from a bogus "fact" like this is irrelevant to any serious discussion. In fact, as I said before, any Diamond buying is not because of GvG. If GvG were no longer part of the game, and they are as ambitious and invested as some have claimed, they would just switch to GBG and keep spending. (Which, I realize, is pure conjecture also, but two can play at that game.)
So Inno may say 5% of all players use GvG but I would guess about 85% of the top 100 players on each world have an invested interest in GvG
Seriously, guess all you want. Again, rankings are skewed towards GvG, so it's the same fact reworded and just as irrelevant to any serious discussion.

lotsoffish

Point farming in GvG? All the real point farming takes place is GbG where guilds just cut deals with each other to swap sectors back and forth each season. There's none of that crap going on on the GvG maps. GvG is an all out battle every evening from 8PM EST on. There is no actual battling going on in FOE other than on the GvG maps.

Johnny B. Goode

Point farming in GvG? All the real point farming takes place is GbG where guilds just cut deals with each other to swap sectors back and forth each season. There's none of that crap going on on the GvG maps. GvG is an all out battle every evening from 8PM EST on. There is no actual battling going on in FOE other than on the GvG maps.
Yes, the GvG mindset has migrated to GBG. Only now they get actual rewards instead of the imaginary rewards of GvG. And the ones farming points in GBG are the same ones who were/are farming points in GvG. And you've shot your whole defense of GvG out of the water by pointing out that GBG point farming is easier and cheaper than GvG point farming. Which means that there is absolutely no game reason to play GvG anymore except guild ranking (which almost no one cares about). And if GvG "fighting" is the sole appeal of that part of the game, it's no wonder less than 5% of players bother with it.

Wildelk68

Someone tell me what is the highlight of this game? It has become so far removed from the original FOE its almost unidentifiable! It seems INNO is just cramming to much into one game! But I suppose every player has their own favorite aspect of this concoction of whatever! Personally, I prefer GVG where you are actually fighting an opponent and not AI. GBG is so far out of balance and so repetitive its not an attraction to many players except for the rewards! But as stated previously it is what it is! Mobile will be the death of FOE as we long time players knew it!

icarusethan

Yes, I am fully aware of that. I also have no interest in staying focused on it every 4-6 hours, nor being active enough to hit every neighbor every day. I have a job. And a life outside of the game. And yes, I've been in top GvG guilds long enough to know how they operate. I also know that it doesn't matter since I don't play GvG and likely never will.

What is so spectacular about your city that mine is somehow substandard. I compared our fight GBs. Yours are quite underpowered. What's your A/D. You keep insisting with no evidence, I'm willing to post numbers. You?
1616258650956.png
This is my boost right now.

It is quite funny you brought up that I left the game for over a year and somehow think those GB levels can prove anything. I can and i will catch up in 3 months from today without slowing down my Arc to 120 plan. And what can you do in 3 months? actually, i have one better, i came back to the game at 24Dec2020, since then i got a lv42 SC, lv46 BG, from the ground up, leveled Arc from lv81 to lv 93, traz from lv 72 to lv 85, HC from lv 23 to Lv 58, Zeus from lv 11 to lv 61, CF from lv 64 to lv 78, with some other minor levels on other GBs, what did you do since last Christmas? Do you have confidence that you can stay ahead on those GB you listed in 3 months from today?

The only diamond i purchased since i came back was to buy 2 extra druid temples, and even without them i have higher boost on defense during the attack, why is that? Since your city is not mediocre, must be I'm cheating, right?

I'm not even gonna bring up the Traz point since any gvger will laugh at you with that "I don't see a point to have a traz" statement.

Anyway, back to the original point, since you not a good fighter in any way, quit jump into any gvg discussion and tell them the same thing over and over again. It might sound shocking, EVERYONE KNOWS INNO NOT TRYING TO PUT RESOURCE INTO GVG. It doesnt make us stop playing gvg, nor it should stop us discussing it on the forum and you keep showing up in these threads saying pointless things is quite annoying.

RazorbackPirate

View attachment 18577
This is my boost right now.

It is quite funny you brought up that I left the game for over a year and somehow think those GB levels can prove anything. I can and i will catch up in 3 months from today without slowing down my Arc to 120 plan. And what can you do in 3 months? actually, i have one better, i came back to the game at 24Dec2020, since then i got a lv42 SC, lv46 BG, from the ground up, leveled Arc from lv81 to lv 93, traz from lv 72 to lv 85, HC from lv 23 to Lv 58, Zeus from lv 11 to lv 61, CF from lv 64 to lv 78, with some other minor levels on other GBs, what did you do since last Christmas? Do you have confidence that you can stay ahead on those GB you listed in 3 months from today?

The only diamond i purchased since i came back was to buy 2 extra druid temples, and even without them i have higher boost on defense during the attack, why is that? Since your city is not mediocre, must be I'm cheating, right?

I'm not even gonna bring up the Traz point since any gvger will laugh at you with that "I don't see a point to have a traz" statement.

Anyway, back to the original point, since you not a good fighter in any way, quit jump into any gvg discussion and tell them the same thing over and over again. It might sound shocking, EVERYONE KNOWS INNO NOT TRYING TO PUT RESOURCE INTO GVG. It doesnt make us stop playing gvg, nor it should stop us discussing it on the forum and you keep showing up in these threads saying pointless things is quite annoying.
Good for you. You've almost caught your OF city up the the A/D of my Indy city. Keep buying boosts like you did with those diamond Druid Temples and you'll catch me soon for sure.

Not only did you bring up the Traz point, you misquoted me in doing so. Here is what I actually said,
The only fight GB you have that I don't have is Alcatraz. Why have I yet to build Alcatraz? I have yet to need Alcatraz. Now, let's break down the rest. Personally, I'm seeing nothing special, but your hutzpah. Call me not impressed.

I live in a time zone that makes reset impossible for me, so I never developed a city for GvG. Why would I build a city to compete in something I'll never play? That would be dumb. I'm not dumb.
What is dumb, is telling me how a serious GvG player would laugh at my non-GvG city. What's dumb is trying to compare my city's ability to do something I never built it for. That's dumb.

How you jump from not having a Traz to I'm 'not a good fighter in any way,' is laughable. I would not have invested so heavily in my A/D if I weren't a good fighter. That's the reason I don't need a Traz. You see, I actually fight, and I'm good at it. I don't Autobattle. I may let Autobattle finish out a fight for me once I know I'll have minimal, but mostly, no unit losses, but I don't blindly hit Autobattle.

With hundreds of regular units and over a thousand Rogues, I don't need a Traz pumping out extra units I don't need. On a typical week, I make way more Rogues from Relics and HC than I lose from fighting. I can easily fight all through all of GE losing less that a half dozen units, mostly Rogues, most of them on level 4. Can you?

What's your fighting skill? Creating tons of units to kill with your high level Traz, then clicking your mouse really fast as you send them off to their death? That's what you call being a good fighter? Leveling GBs and clicking a mouse never even setting eyes on a battlefield?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Deep Breath:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Again, call me not impressed with your imagined digital prowess. You have a Traz because the AI needs a Traz. Hard to call you a fighter when it's the AI doing the fighting. But I bet you're a really fast mouse clicker. I guess that's something.

Regardless, none of this has anything to do with Inno's math problem, which is the point of the OP. No matter how much you or anyone loves GvG, it's withering away and sooner or later Inno will pull the plug. And no amount of lame insults directed towards me will change that.

The king is dead, long live the king!

icarusethan

Good for you. You've almost caught your OF city up the the A/D of my Indy city. Keep buying boosts like you did with those diamond Druid Temples and you'll catch me soon for sure.
Do i really need to buy diamonds to catch up? all i need to do is doing what I'm doing daily and i will pass you on boost without even trying hard, with all the time you have over me you only get those GBs to the level you have is just, sad.

You see, I actually fight, and I'm good at it. I don't Autobattle. I may let Autobattle finish out a fight for me once I know I'll have minimal, but mostly, no unit losses, but I don't blindly hit Autobattle.
hahaha hahaha, good for you. since you don't do gvg, i guess your statement is not a joke for you like it is to me.

No matter how much you or anyone loves GvG, it's withering away and sooner or later Inno will pull the plug. And no amount of lame insults directed towards me will change that.
No matter how much you claim yourself as a good fighter, your city and battle amount is still so horrible as a player who played for more than 3 years. and no matter how hard you try to jump up and down on all the gvg related threads, people still gonna talk about it and try to convince inno to put resource into it again. so quit jumping around in this thread and go back to the game, fighting the way you do, have fun against AI instead of other players and call yourself a good fighter. It surely makes you feel good.

Johnny B. Goode

Personally, I prefer GVG where you are actually fighting an opponent and not AI.
That's hilarious! GvG fighting is some of the easiest in the game. No, that's wrong. It is the easiest in the game. Well, except for neighbors with two spears. And I hate to break it to you, but you're still fighting AI, not an actual opponent. Strange that you wouldn't know that. And an AI that maxes out at 75% att/def boost. Yeah, you're racing to beat the defense armies before your siege gets killed, but that is not the same thing as fighting an actual opponent. In fact, it's no different than two GBG guilds trying to take the same sector at the same time. Except the GBG guilds either have to deal with constantly rising attrition, or spend goods and/or Diamonds to build Siege Camps to reduce or eliminate it. In GvG, you just have to keep hitting auto battle repeatedly. (At least, that's all the serious, influential players have to do. ;) )

RazorbackPirate

have fun against AI instead of other players and call yourself a good fighter. It surely makes you feel good.
Well there's this, so...
That's hilarious! GvG fighting is some of the easiest in the game. No, that's wrong. It is the easiest in the game. Well, except for neighbors with two spears. And I hate to break it to you, but you're still fighting AI, not an actual opponent. Strange that you wouldn't know that. And an AI that maxes out at 75% att/def boost. Yeah, you're racing to beat the defense armies before your siege gets killed, but that is not the same thing as fighting an actual opponent. In fact, it's no different than two GBG guilds trying to take the same sector at the same time. Except the GBG guilds either have to deal with constantly rising attrition, or spend goods and/or Diamonds to build Siege Camps to reduce or eliminate it. In GvG, you just have to keep hitting auto battle repeatedly. (At least, that's all the serious, influential players have to do. ;) )
Nothing more to say.

RazorbackPirate

quoting a guy who doesn't do anything about developing his guild doesn't give you any credits, and did i not make my point clear? why you still here wanna make this thread all about you again?
You're the one who made it about me. And you did a poor job of it too. Now you want to complain you made it about me? Sad. Just sad.

What's worse is that you think that slinging insults toward players somehow negates objective reality. It doesn't but go ahead. You never know.

Yes, you made your point clear, you like GvG. Good for you. That changes things for Inno how?

icarusethan

You're the one who made it about me.
I never did, i pointed out you are not qualified to jump around and tell gvgers what to do since you never did nor could enjoy gvg with the way you build your city, and all you do is saying something everybody knows over and over anyway.
What's worse is that you think that slinging insults toward players somehow negates objective reality.
insulting as pointing out you not doing a good job playing this game? and you are the one calling others the whiners, lol.

Johnny B. Goode

quoting a guy who doesn't do anything about developing his guild
What guild? I used to lead guilds, but that was a while ago. And I did it pretty well for the time I did it. Or I should say times, since I've been in leadership in a number of guilds over the years. But real life, among other things, interfered with the time commitment needed, so I just do solo guilds now. However, the fact that I don't currently lead guilds has nothing to do with the facts I stated about GvG/GBG fighting. As far as a point, you don't have one other than the fact that you like GvG for some unknown reason. GvG does nothing to develop a guild, or advance cities, or anything else tangible. It just gives some players the illusion that they're in a real battle game. Which they're not. Never has been. The battle aspect is rudimentary at best. The simple fact that you can just build up your attack boost to the point of auto battling everything is the first clue. It is terribly funny that you GvGers try to act like you're doing something special at 8:00 PM Eastern time every night. Clicking your fingers to the bone. Been there, done that. Years ago. Bor-ing. Didn't take me long to figure out the ROI of GvG was negligible. Not to mention that the fixed fighting time is not convenient to anyone who wants to live a life outside of FoE.

Bottom line is that if GvG was as fun as you all say, more than 5% of players would participate in it. And they don't. And they haven't for years.

Mobile will be the death of FOE as we long time players knew it!
Incidentally, I meant to comment on this before. It really is one of the most incredibly ignorant statements ever made on the Forum. And I've seen some doozies. Here's a clue: FoE has been available on mobile for over half of the time it has been in existence as a game. Here's another clue: FoE has been changing since the day I started playing over 6 years ago. The "FOE as we long time players knew it" has been dead for over 5 years. Will be? Already was. Most of us moved on as the game moved on. Only a very small minority stayed behind, only to show up every once in a while here on the Forum to whine about the good old days, when GvG was the only diversion from the main city. Now it is simply one of many diversions from the main city, and one of the least popular by number of participants. And the only one that Inno has clearly stated will not be improved, updated or changed. So get over it. Enjoy it while it's still here, but be prepared for the day it is gone like the Treasure Hunt and Historical Questlines.

RazorbackPirate

I never did, i pointed out you are not qualified to jump around and tell gvgers what to do since you never did nor could enjoy gvg with the way you build your city, and all you do is saying something everybody knows over and over anyway.
You did by doing this. Reread the thread if you must, but I've never told GvGers what they should do, I don't care what they do. All through this thread, I've pointed out the issue Inno has with GvG and despite it's vocal fan base, it's pretty clear the time will come when it disappears.

I don't have to play GvG or have a city built for GvG to understand the business realities Inno is facing around GvG. And if everyone knows this anyway, why are you arguing about it? Why are you trying to invalidate other's opinions, which you agree are accurate, by attacking them personally? Grow up.
insulting as pointing out you not doing a good job playing this game? and you are the one calling others the whiners, lol.
I do a fine job playing the game. I play my game.

So after all that, you got nothing. Can't argue the facts, can't play off superior, all swagger without substance. Only to agree with me in the end.

Last edited: