• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Habitat

DeletedUser35024

So I'm looking for some advice, or, potentially, some kind of FP swap buddy...
Recently, my city has become pretty crowded feeling in the absence of a population granting GB. Currently being in the progressive Era, I don't really feel that Babel would be worth the resources to level it up, and Innovation is still several eras ahead of me. Which leaves the habitat. But I have had the HARDEST time getting BPs for it. I can count on one hand the number of people in my hood/guild/friends who even own the building, and they generally aren't actively lvling it. Even when they do and I put on a lot of FP, there are inevitably these super high level people with a bazillion FP packs who come in during the last half of the lvling process and dump a couple hundred FP on it, which I just don't have the resources to compete with. Plus, I have quite a few buildings of my own I really need to be lvling, and hate spending a ton on someone else's building with nothing in return only to be pushed out of the reward spots before the building levels.
So I was thinking maybe I need to find someone who would be willing to let me level their habitat in exchange for their putting some points on one of my buildings. that way I would be able to put a lot more FP on the habitat and hopefully keep a reward slot. I already have a friend who I regularly exchange FPs with to level each other's GB and it works pretty well for both of us.
So, does anyone know anybody with a habitat who might be up for this kind of thing? Or have a better suggestion for me? Thanks :)
(also, my ingame name is actually Ary Time Shifter, apparently I never verified my email back in the day and the code to do so has expired, so it won't let me join the forum with that account)

DeletedUser13736

I'll start out by saying that I do not have a habitat, but I'll give you some tips if you wish :)

personally, I would recommend building the inno tower before building the habitat. The habitat is a more efficient pop GB, but I prefer FP and a pretty good pop boost over straight efficiency. I don't know how much you are hurting for population at this point, but there is always the option to build both later in the game. The goods will cost more to get, but I also find that the BP's for inno tower are typically more accessible. If you play on the computer, you can use the global chat and ask if anyone has a habitat/inno that they'd be willing to get leveled in return for locking your postion in, that would narrow down your search.

In conclusion, I would recommend trying for the inno tower and leveling that up until most if not all of your pop is taken care of. It is more expensive, but the FP's that you get back would eventually pay itself (in probably quite a bit of time).

DeletedUser35024

I'll start out by saying that I do not have a habitat, but I'll give you some tips if you wish :)

personally, I would recommend building the inno tower before building the habitat. The habitat is a more efficient pop GB, but I prefer FP and a pretty good pop boost over straight efficiency. I don't know how much you are hurting for population at this point, but there is always the option to build both later in the game. The goods will cost more to get, but I also find that the BP's for inno tower are typically more accessible. If you play on the computer, you can use the global chat and ask if anyone has a habitat/inno that they'd be willing to get leveled in return for locking your postion in, that would narrow down your search.

In conclusion, I would recommend trying for the inno tower and leveling that up until most if not all of your pop is taken care of. It is more expensive, but the FP's that you get back would eventually pay itself (in probably quite a bit of time).
I have considered this, but I am really hurting for city space, and I can feasibly get my hands on the goods for habitat whereas the inno goods are pretty beyond my reach at this point. which would be fine, if my city were uncramped enough to wait a few more eras, but as it is, I kinda want to be able to tear down some of my houses as fast as possible and make space, lol. I may end up building inno also later on... but consider this, the sooner I get habitat set up and rip down houses, the sooner I can use the space to build say, cherry garden set, which gives like 7 FP a day with lvl 2 buildings... so in that way the habitat WILL give me fp, is how I see it XD

DeletedUser13736

you know your plan better than me lol
good luck with the BP's/gooods.
nice plan btw.