• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hail, Heathens! Come find a home & glory in The North!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1645
  • Start date

DeletedUser1645

I had a great inquiry from a new member that made me write down a lot of good info. I decided to post a version of my answer as our recruitment statement on the forums for now. So, here it goes:

Thanks for your interest in The North. Skolir & I (Heilera) are new to this game, but have played other similar games as well as practically all other types of PC & console games, though this one seems to be what we’ve been waiting for in this style. I ran a successful FPS clan for more than a decade & skolir & I have had a strong WoW guild since vanilla days. So, while we’re learning the ropes here, we’re pretty confident in both gaming & leading. So far, we’ve picked up some pretty good players & hope to build a strong leading council to assist new members & players.

As a part of The North, you can expect to have brethren willing to research & answer questions, discuss & advise on strategy for battle & building, trade goods to your favor without costing a Forge Point, & back you up if at all possible when dealing with enemy players (some of this is determined by who is in your neighborhood, but support through goods to help you build is always an option).

The North is fairly active since we try to recruit members who work on their cities daily, though we do have some who have certain schedules that keep them off for longer. Regardless, we encourage visits to all guild members’ cities each day & daily communication on the guild forums to let each other know what bonus good we have to share, etc. We continue to participate successfully in the PvP towers as we progress. We always have at least one member in the top 5 of our neighborhoods, usually more. The guild is ranked 12 globally with only 27 members & we have 5 members in the top 200 in the world (as of10/21/2012).

The North can give you a place to grow with us as a valued member, not just another in the rank & file. Each member has the opportunity to voice their opinion & contribute to the glory of the guild while growing a strong city on their own back & with help from their guild. If that sounds like something you’d like, then join us. I look forward to hearing from
you.

Please contact Heilera, skolir, or keefer 7 for more information in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

still looking for folks?

i just started this game but have played many similar and will play regularly.

DeletedUser1645

Absolutely, cheflaco. Can you please contact me or skolir in-game or send me your in-game name?

Thank you, DarkTwist :) Same to you!

DeletedUser

I am on a couple times a day for about 30 minutes a shot...I would like to know more about your guild. Thanks for your time.

DeletedUser1645

Hi, digger. Can you please contact me in game, as well. This will allow us to communicate more regularly than using these forums. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to either post them here or mail them to me in game (the latter being the more likely to solicit a quick response). Hope to hear from you (and cheflaco, too) soon!

Be Well
Heilera

DeletedUser1645

Thought I would throw in some answers to some questions that have come up recently during recruiting: We’re small, democratic, & casual. We have no daily minimums or requirements other than being as active as possible & helping brethren when you can. Without daily requirements like some guilds here, being part of The North only means having help IF YOU WANT IT. No help or responsibility is thrust upon any member. We have no slaves in this guild. Rather, we are all pretty independent & allow members to band together in any way they choose. Some talk every day on the forums & mail - others have never communicated with guildies other than to accept trades. We encourage visits, trades, & organize help when possible (this will be particularly useful if the chatter about guild PvP is true), but no one MUST be part of any of those to be part of The North.

DeletedUser1645

Hail! We would like to say that we have a few spots left in The North, but some of our awesome members have ventured out to start new ally guild called The Night's Watch. They have plenty of room & are already climbing the global ranks. Please contact either me (Heilera) or keefer 7 to inquire about The North. Contact Ozelotl or skolir to inquire about The Night's Watch. Glory to both guilds!

DeletedUser

are you still recruiting? I just started but I think I've got the gist of it. Mostly looking for goods/motivate/polish partners.

DeletedUser1645

I, consorter. I sent you an invite, but I believe you've found a home in our ally guild, The Night's Watch, right?

DeletedUser3279

He did. I messaged you about him two weeks ago. You only had 2 slots open at the time so he took the Black. It seems he has since stopped playing this game though.

DeletedUser1645

Ah, we've lost a few brothers and sisters to the warm weather methinks. I thought the name sounded familiar. Well, let's hope we have more folks join us both. Glory to The North & The Night's Watch!

DeletedUser1645

We are currently full, but periodically clear out inactive players (usually every other week). If you are interested in being on our short wait-list, please contact twone64, keefer 7 or Heilera. Our ally guild, The Night's Watch, is still growing & may have spots available - contact Ozelotl for information. Glory to The North & our allies!