• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hall of Fame

Falconwing

Where do I find the AD? I'm sorry, I'm new. I just started a guild and want to grow it. Lol
Why would you start a Guild in a game you know nothing about? How do you plan on helping your members if you just started and don't know anything? You should have joined another Guild, learned some things, then maybe, maybe, start a Guild. Why anyone would want to start a Guild on such an established server I have no idea, guess it's a control thing.

-Sebastian-

I'll also recommend joining an established guild, and learning how they do things. A lot of new players start their own guilds, and I think it's a trap. There's a lot we can learn from experienced players (like your other question about how to get an Arc), and joining a friendly, helpful guild is the best way to learn.

gianteagle

I'll also recommend joining an established guild, and learning how they do things. A lot of new players start their own guilds, and I think it's a trap. There's a lot we can learn from experienced players (like your other question about how to get an Arc), and joining a friendly, helpful guild is the best way to learn.
Never start a guild until you have established a strong world and know lots about the game as if you do it earlier than that you take away the purpose of guilds. Guilds are to help you advance and become stronger but you need to have a good guild to get the full effect of a guild

Aggressor

I really need one to level up my guild!
I know people have reasons not to join a well established guild. But unless you are an experienced builder, starting your own guild in a new city is not a good idea. You simply wont have the resources to grow and although you wont intend it, you will majorly stunt the growth of your guild members.
I started a guild on Q where I helped new players get better. I shared all of the information I have with them and helped them grow to pretty good low age players. The problem is that we had no resources. All of our blueprints came from the neighborhood. We had to do without some trades. We had no in guild discount on goods and ended up having to pay a lot more for Arc goods than needed.
So, for the sake of my guild members, I decided it was time to give them the experience they deserved. We joined an up and coming new guild of top players with lots of resources. They have helped us get GBs we could never have gotten, they are on their way to platinum league Battlegrounds where rewards are that much better, they unlock level 4 of GE where we are getting a lot more prizes and experience and they are taking us beyond where we couldve gone alone.
I actually succeeded in making my guild decent. We pulled above our weight for sure, but a lot of our successes were because of higher players. I reached out to level 80+ arc owners and had them run a 1.85 thread to help us level up our GBs and enjoyed help from an experienced guild getting a foothold in GvG. But ultimately you need higher players to take you to your full potential. A hall of fame wont get you where you need to go. Neither will having your own guild of new members. Take my advice and join a big guild and reap the benefits. You later can leave and start your own guild with better resources, but I bet you you wont want to leave ;)

Charmante

Well, the first reason I created my own is due to the name -- 1) It's slightly irritating to join a guild named Green Ice Cream or Lucky Lizards, etc... 2) At nearly every game I decide to play, I quickly become ultra elite and often quite known -- and I try to use the same username and substructure (i.e. guild names, pet names, city names, etc.) in case my friends, associates, followers, etc. are playing here, too, they can identify me. 3) Most games it is not a disadvantage to do so.

Absolutely has nothing to do with control @ whomever said that.

However -- since it appears necessary that I dissolve my guild and join another -- I'll do just that...

How best do I evaluate the guilds and find one that will best train and help me?

Thank you all for your help and advice!

Lady Gato

I am a noob so the value of my advice may vary. Right after I started FOE I started glarging. So I visited a LOT of guilds. I looked at their overall chat window and quickly saw which ones were quiet - which many were. If they are quiet, then they may not be helpful to answer questions, etc. I play on beta and Tuulech, so I used the glarging technique on both worlds and it led me to my guilds. My guilds said hello almost immediately after I joined (and kept talking to me lol). They also had a lot of extremely high members and played in diamond/platinum leagues for GbG. I also looked at their requirements & only joined those guilds where I met (or had a chance of meeting) their requirements.

Farfle the smelly

I wouldn’t describe as catty in the least, he’s a very well behaved kitty for the most part.

But the culture of the forum is something you’ll need to get used to: we call each other out all the time for many reasons, one of which is behaving in a way that comes across as a humble brag. You will be well known on this forum if you attempt to do so. It was a humorous warning, not catty.

Farfle the smelly

I am a noob so the value of my advice may vary. Right after I started FOE I started glarging. So I visited a LOT of guilds. I looked at their overall chat window and quickly saw which ones were quiet - which many were. If they are quiet, then they may not be helpful to answer questions, etc. I play on beta and Tuulech, so I used the glarging technique on both worlds and it led me to my guilds. My guilds said hello almost immediately after I joined (and kept talking to me lol). They also had a lot of extremely high members and played in diamond/platinum leagues for GbG. I also looked at their requirements & only joined those guilds where I met (or had a chance of meeting) their requirements.
Yes! Glarging is how I found my guild on W! Love them so hard.