• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween contest!

DeletedUser8152

Happy Halloween!

halloween.png

October 31 is approaching, so we thought it might be a good time for a Halloween-themed forum contest... and by that we mean the Halloween movie franchise! We don’t count the new Rob Zombie reboots, but there are still eight movies in the original series. We have a set of trivia facts about those eight movies. Your job is to identify which fact applies to which movie… whoever gets the most right wins!

The eight movies (and their release dates) are:
Halloween (1978)
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween III (1982)
Halloween 4 (1988)
Halloween 5 (1989)
Halloween: Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
Halloween: H20 (1998)
Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

There are three facts for each movie, plus one made up fact that isn’t true for any of them. You score one point for each fact you assign correctly, plus one point if you identify the fake item. Some of these facts are pretty obscure, don’t feel ashamed to use the internet to help!

And here are the movie facts:
A. This is the lowest-grossing film in the series.
B. The film features the Rose of Shannon motel.
C. Dana Carvey was in this film (and more famously co-starred with another Mike Myers in Wayne’s World).
D. In this movie Dr. Loomis drives a 1979 Chevy Malibu.
E. This is the only movie in the series set in a year when there was a full moon on Halloween.
F. This is the last film in the series to feature a pumpkin in the opening credits.
G. The cast and crew complained bitterly about this movie after it was released.
H. Michael Myers wears a Captain Kirk mask in this movie.
I. Michael Myers was not the villain of this movie.
J. Peter Jackson declined to direct this film, and Howard Stern declined to appear in it.
K. This film features the same type of Ford sedan that Marion purchased in Psycho (1960).
L. This is the only film in the series to actually be filmed in the fall.
M. This is the shortest movie in the series.
N. This is the first film where Michael Myers has black hair.
O. This film is set in the same town as Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956).
P. This film features a cameo clip of Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959).
Q. Kyle Labine, an actor in this film, is the only actor known to have appeared in a Halloween film, a Nightmare on Elm Street film, and a Friday the 13th movie.
R. A drugstore in this film is the same set used in Stephen King’s The Stand (1994)
S. Dennis Quaid was originally cast for this movie, but did not appear in it.
T. This is the last movie in the series to feature Jamie Lee Curtis.
U. Michael Myers was portrayed by five different people over the course of the film.
V. The actor portraying this Michael Myers had to wear hockey pads under his shirt to bulk up.
W. Over 500 gallons of fake blood were used during the making of this film.
X. This film features a cameo clip from Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Y. This is the only film to show events occurring after Halloween, on November 1.

Prizes:
42ogmiV.png

First place: A Haunted House and 500 diamonds
Second place: A Haunted House and 200 diamonds
Third place: A Haunted House and 100 diamonds

Ties will be broken based on the time the entry was received, with earlier entries getting priority.

Any entries that score 25 points but don’t place for a prize will be entered into a random drawing, and the winner will receive a Haunted House!

To Enter:

Send a private forum message with your answers to jaelis. Your entry can refer to the facts by their letter and the movies by their release year.

Do not post your answers directly in the forum! Anyone doing so will be disqualified from the contest (and your answers removed).

The contest closes at midnight on October 31, eastern time. Submit your entries by then!

Results:

First, here are the correct answers:
1978 H, S, U
1981 C, X, Y
1982 B, I, O
1988 D, R, V
1989 A, F, N
1995 G, J, L
1998 K, M, P
2002 E, Q, T
Fake W

We got a total of 74 entries, of which 30 were 100% correct. Great work all of you, that was about as hard as I could make it!

The winners are:
First place: DeathWalkerRCS
Second place: Lady Elizabeth
Third place: Parasite the Symbiote

Random winners:
Since we got so many correct entries, we drew for additional prizes at random, for a total of five more winners:
melgipson
upsi
DamienThorneOC
bbk9119
Queen Christina S
Each will receive a haunted house.

All winners will be contacted via PM for further information. Congratulations, and thanks to everyone for playing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Feel free to post questions about the contest (but not entries with answers) here.

DeletedUser25625

I got all 25. It helped to know that 3 apply to each movie and 1 was fake

DeletedUser27455

Is this Halloween contest still running? Has there been a winner yet?

DeletedUser8152

At the first post, you should see the name "Jaelis" highlighted in yellow. Click on that to PM Jaelis with your answers. Good luck!
Indeed! I've gotten many submissions and I haven't been able to respond to all of them, but if you click on the link and write me a message, I have it. Winners should be announced on the 1st.

DeletedUser8152

OK, results are in!

1978 H, S, U
1981 C, X, Y
1982 B, I, O
1988 D, R, V
1989 A, F, N
1995 G, J, L
1998 K, M, P
2002 E, Q, T
Fake W

We got a total of 74 entries, of which 30 were 100% correct. Great work all of you, that was about as hard as I could make it!

The winners are:
First place: DeathWalkerRCS
Second place: Lady Elizabeth
Third place: Parasite the Symbiote

Random winners:
Since we got so many correct entries, we drew for additional prizes at random, for a total of five more winners:
melgipson
upsi
DamienThorneOC
bbk9119
Queen Christina S
Each will receive a haunted house.

All winners will be contacted via PM for further information. Congratulations, and thanks to everyone for playing!

DeletedUser27300

OK, results are in!

I think you are incorrect on your answer to clue "T". I read (not having viewed the movie) that Jamie Lee Curtis only had a cameo in Halloween: Resurection. A cameo would not count as being featured. That would make Halloween: H20 the last feature her. Which would be logical as she was the one instigate the making of it.

DeletedUser8152

I think you are incorrect on your answer to clue "T". I read (not having viewed the movie) that Jamie Lee Curtis only had a cameo in Halloween: Resurection. A cameo would not count as being featured. That would make Halloween: H20 the last feature her. Which would be logical as she was the one instigate the making of it.
Well, I guess one can always argue about what exactly "featured" means, but she is listed as starring in the moving on the IMdB page, and her face is on the movie poster.