• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2016

DeletedUser4770

Halloween is here. Please place your comments, concerns and suggestions here. We are, as always, interested in your feedback.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser23328

See the video below to learn more about the event:
What video??

DeletedUser24740

I would suggest that we are being overloaded with events. They have become so common that it is difficult to tell one from the other. There is no urgency to complete an event because another is just around the corner.

If there were no guilds it would be a valid argument that a person not interested could just ignore the events. But there are guilds and these events are very disruptive to guild activities. It is difficult to keep members on the same page during events--especially with the advent of GE.

I would suggest limiting events to four seasonal events. They could be much more important and unique that way.

DeletedUser8152

See the video below to learn more about the event:
What video??
The video should be embedded in the announcement, but if you can't see it for some reason here it is:

The direct link is
youtu.be/VbaYCpr2lPA

Algona

Can someone form Beta give a clue on whether this Event is worth pursuing? Typical random Rewards, but are the End Buildings any Good?

Ylisaveta

Can someone form Beta give a clue on whether this Event is worth pursuing? Typical random Rewards, but are the End Buildings any Good?

Random rewards for the quests, yes, and the end buildings are all happiness buildings. A Haunted Tower (cultural) and Jack O'Lantern chapel (deco). You can upgrade your graveyard; the newest one is the Monumental graveyard. There is no Mad Scientist lab this year.

DeletedUser20372

Please do away with the Avatars, I have useless avatars as it is now
and for sure I don't need any more female Avatars (nothing against
females) I just dont use them...The Avatar I use is enough and all others
are just wasted trash, Plus as a prize "Really Now Come ON' you can do
alot more for players than Avatars as a prize. And how about adding
Land Expansions as a Prize. Truly it is getting boring with same old
Prizes and If I win one type of Building, etc. I dont need to win 6 or 7
more of the same thing, it makes playing the game less and less
interesting or fun. One more item, I build my own Army/Soldiers
and Winning/Gaining a Single Soldier is just not worth what I had to
use to win that Prize..

DeletedUser25042

Please do away with the Avatars, I have useless avatars as it is now
and for sure I don't need any more female Avatars (nothing against
females) I just dont use them...The Avatar I use is enough and all others
are just wasted trash, Plus as a prize "Really Now Come ON' you can do
alot more for players than Avatars as a prize. And how about adding
Land Expansions as a Prize. Truly it is getting boring with same old
Prizes and If I win one type of Building, etc. I dont need to win 6 or 7
more of the same thing, it makes playing the game less and less
interesting or fun. One more item, I build my own Army/Soldiers
and Winning/Gaining a Single Soldier is just not worth what I had to
use to win that Prize..
The Avatars that are earned are a way of showing one's progress through the game. Just because you are in the Modern Age doesn't mean you've been playing for a year and just because you are in the Early Middle Age doesn't mean you've just begun. I am proud of the Avatars I have earned over the last year. I can't always keep the little decorations because of lack of space in my city, so I show my "wisdom" with a Portrait of Cleopatra from Valentine's Day 2016. Besides, there are many people who like to play in more than one world and you can use different Avatars in each one. If you don't like the others then don't look at them. The different faces and Era-related costumes help to diversify the Avatars and give players more choice. Besides, what would you do with more prized from the event that you already had an opportunity to win? That's boring! This game teaches you world history!

DeletedUser20372

I am happy for you that you consider the Avatars essential to one's progress, but I do not consider
them to be my choice as a reward. Also, I do play in more than one world and as far as Avatars
representing a part of history I am guessing more than half of the players in all worlds do not
even look at it or consider the Avatars that way. What's boring is I waste my timer playing the
Quest and being rewarded Avatars I never use and being reward 6 or more of the same prize
time after time and end with an inventory stocked with items I will never use as I progress
thru the ages...Yes, I see your point where the game may teach world history, but if a poll
was to be taken I don't think that many players will look at it that way, most are just playing
to show their skills as they advance..they are all Gamers and not playing to learn about
World History...Do not get me wrong I do appreciate all that FoE put into bringing these
Quest, I just want to voice my opinion on what I think could change within the Quest..
One more item I would like to see is the opportunity to be able to delete a lot of the
Avatars I do not use..make it possible and also limit the amount a player can delete..

DeletedUser25042

I understand your frustration with collecting rewards that have been less than optimal and oftentimes seem to collect dust in the Inventory. I do, however come to use items from past rewards, from the Inventory, for current quests; such as "increase happiness" or "increase population." I use the "free to build" items from past events in these cases so that I don't have to spend coins, supplies, and usually time to build decorations or buildings. Also, if I need to tear down a building that has to be more than a road I can use one of these. So, in effect, the repeated and less optimal rewards are still usable if you have the patience and skill to utilize them in the most effective manner.
I am sad for you that this amazing game is apparently "just a game." My main city guild is like my family and I never look at any aspect of this adventure as a waste of time. I do, however, hope that you find an outlet for your frustration that suits you better. This is the best one for me.
May your sword stay sharp and your gun loaded,
Destiny :)

DeletedUser26820

The event has not showed up in my game play, No guest to do etc...

DeletedUser27229

I could do without yet another Avatar. Please, they mean nothing at this point.

Also, this video told us essentially nothing except there would be a couple buildings at the end. But what does the event really entail? Are there any useful prizes along the way? Or should this really be called a mini-event where only one or two items of limited value are received at the end.

And finally...please please please fire your skit writer.

OldTyme72

3 things from the event. Upgrade graveyard or get a graveyard. A 3 x 3 culture building (which is pretty cool) and a 1x1 deco.
Of course the "random" prizes at the end of each quest.

Still think they should of offered the Mad Lab for people who may not have gotten one last year.

DeletedUser27040

Of course the "random" prizes at the end of each quest.

Random prizes could give diamonds... 23 chances to win a handful at a time... Worth it IMHO if you aren't trying to stay in one particular age...

DeletedUser23123

Sorry but, I will hold off on this Event. Even over a chance of Diamonds. Have 2 city that waited a whole year for the Mad Lab. Not getting that, I see. The prize Grand prize are pretty low compare of last year. I have the Grave Yard in 2 other city and with 750 Permanent Happiness. It actually in my way. Which is the reason I haven't use my Reno on them. I have over 19,000 Happiness with only 5 Decos and still only achieve 120% Productivity. But, again to say. The Fall (Apple Festival) Event was Awesome!

GeaugaDog

Does anyone know exactly what the game wants you to do when it says say goodbye to 3 from now or 4 from before and then to decorate? I'm assuming it means tear down some decorations or cultural buildings but want to make sure I'm right first.

DeletedUser21276

Does anyone know exactly what the game wants you to do when it says say goodbye to 3 from now or 4 from before and then to decorate? I'm assuming it means tear down some decorations or cultural buildings but want to make sure I'm right first.
roads

Ylisaveta

3 sections of road from your current age or 4 from the previous, and build a deco from any age.