• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us know, what you think of this year's Halloween Event. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser34800

Looking forward to playing the event, as I do with every event.

Prizes are okay.

Mad Scientist Lab is cool, want some.

Dark doorway seems nice.

Haunted Tower is pretty whatever.

The events main prize is pretty garbage. The Graveyard. Looks awesome. Absolutely sucks in reality. A 7x3 (final size) that adds happiness? Just happiness? Hell no. Garbage.

What a disappointment of a main event prize. No black tower? No cool event building that levels up and offers 3 choices at max (like ships and Mills), and doesn't ONLY provide happiness? No new Halloween set that you guys designed and wanted to surprise everyone with? What a bummer.

Well, I will aim for other prizes at least. Even if the main prize this year is trash, I am still looking forward to playing the events. I do enjoy them.

DeletedUser34800

You're right, not all rewards have to be for all play styles. But this graveyard fits a very small niche group of players: ones that want a giant, useless happiness building because it looks cool.

It serves no other purpose but to increase happiness (easily outclassed by many buildings, especially the new event buildings).

Again, it looks great. I would put it into my city if it was worth it, because of how cool it is. But I don't need some massive 7x3 building that doesn't do anything but add a mediocre amount of happiness. That's it.

Anyone who wants it, congratulations. Get it, love it, enjoy it. But don't tell me it's a worthwhile building and not a giant disappointment for a major event reward. It doesn't even have a new upgrade this year. Black tower as last year's prize was definitely way better and far more worth it.

RazorbackPirate

I agree with you about any Event building giving only Happiness. No matter how cool it looks, I doubt it will make it much further than my inventory. I disagree however, that it's the main event prize. You get two kits total. Unless you've already got a Legendary Graveyard, there's no way to get a Necropolis. Starting from scratch you'll get the Old Graveyard max. Given that, I'm fine with it the way it is.

Dark Doorway - decent stats, look forward to it in my city.
Haunted Tower - the added supply boost makes it worth it. Extra supplies buy extra RQs giving me more goods, medals, and FPs.
Mad Scientists' Lab - the increase to 15 goods per day might be useful in later stages of the game, the 4x4 size means it'll stay in inventory for now.

I like that it's Random Rewards with a long questline. 57 chances to win diamonds, current age goods, and FPs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34800

The reason I consider the Graveyard and it's upgrades as the main event prize is because it's the main event quest lines reward. Just like the Tholos, Ships, Pillar, Winter Set, Spring set, Mill of Fall, etc. Whether more upgrades become available as a daily special or not, is up to the devs.

Still, because of that, I consider it the main event prize, and it's a really lame, useless one.

RazorbackPirate

The Graveyard is not the main quest line reward, the Dark Doorway is. After quest 5 you get the Haunted Tower, after quest 17 you get the first Graveyard selection kit, after quest 31 you get the Mad Scientist's Lab, after quest 44, you get a second Graveyard selection kit, after the final quest, quest 57, you get the Dark Doorway, the only new building designed for the 2018 Event.

It's all random rewards, there are no daily specials.

As I said, starting from scratch you'll only get the Old Graveyard. Base + 1 upgrade. The rest are buildings from previous years given new stats. Except the Graveyard, which didn't get new stats and you can't max out it from just one year's Halloween Event.

DeletedUser34800

@RazorbackPirate Ah, okay. Nevermind then. I suppose they're all main event prizes then. Okay, that's different.

Still, the Graveyard is disappointing. But, as I said, the other buildings look okay. Doorway and Mad Scientist Lab especially. I'll be going for those.

As I said, I am still looking forward to the event. I do enjoy playing these, collecting avatars, getting the achievements. I like the events because they add some more stuff to do other than the mundane regular day to day stuff.

Salsuero

I've had an Ancient Graveyard since last year. Joined the game just as the Halloween event kicked off two years ago, so I managed to get my first Graveyard then. I've always had one built... pretty much because I like how it looks. I don't need the happiness at all. Since I can't get the Necropolis this year (because I can only upgrade two more times and would need three to get there), I might put it in inventory. Probably not. I like the other rewards. I've been wanting a Mad Scientists Lab since I started playing... because it looks really cool (they offered it several times for real money, but I resisted the urge). I'll probably build it for looks since I don't really need the production in a 4x4 specifically. The Dark Doorway might also get built for the forge points, even though I don't really need them either. It looks cool, though. LOL The Haunted Tower was in my town for a long time, but I stored it because it was only giving me happiness and didn't look as cool to me for that alone... but with them adding a supply boost, it becomes more intriguing. I don't think I'm going to build it though since I'm limited in space and it still looks the same level of not as cool as it always did.

Salsuero

The events main prize is pretty garbage. The Graveyard. Looks awesome. Absolutely sucks in reality.

Even if the main prize this year is trash, I am still looking forward to playing the events.

it's a really lame, useless one.

collecting avatars, getting the achievements

The funny thing is... you mention that the Graveyard is for a select niche of players and is otherwise "pretty garbage" or "absolutely sucks" or is "trash" or "really lame" and "useless". I would argue that the avatars and achievements are definitely garbage and absolutely lame and useless. But that's just my opinion. Just felt like jumping in with an alternative view. ;)

DeletedUser34800

@Salsuero I agree, they are garbage. Avatars and achievements have no value whatsoever, except for looks.

Which is exactly what the Graveyard is. Difference is, it takes up a giant space in your city for that garbage, while avatars and achievements take up no space whatsoever.

Sure, Graveyard gives happiness too, but that's it. Way too big for what it offers. So, like I said, build it for looks. Still a disappointment to me though. Which sucks, cause it looks so cool. It should have gotten some sort of update. Something else added besides it's happiness.

Just my opinion of course. I just wish it was better.

Salsuero

@Salsuero I agree, they are garbage. Avatars and achievements have no value whatsoever, except for looks.

Which is exactly what the Graveyard is. Difference is, it takes up a giant space in your city for that garbage, while avatars and achievements take up no space whatsoever.

Sure, Graveyard gives happiness too, but that's it. Way too big for what it offers. So, like I said, build it for looks. Still a disappointment to me though. Which sucks, cause it looks so cool. It should have gotten some sort of update. Something else added besides it's happiness.

Just my opinion of course. I just wish it was better.

Not everyone produces happiness the same way. Some people use the Graveyard for that purpose. It's only way too big for what it offers YOU. But I don't think everyone should be feeling like they have "garbage" etc. in their town just because you disapprove of it. Your rhetoric against it is overly harsh in this case because there are lots of reasons for people to need happiness who may find a use for something, especially when that something looks really cool. I totally understand that you're not a fan... but not every building is for every player... and that doesn't make the ones that aren't for you necessarily "trash". Some things in this game are just awful in my opinion. But other people finding use for them... well, that's kinda what this game is about, no?

DeletedUser31440

And that's how you get zombies, just leave the graveyard alone.

DeletedUser34800

Not everyone produces happiness the same way. Some people use the Graveyard for that purpose. It's only way too big for what it offers YOU. But I don't think everyone should be feeling like they have "garbage" etc. in their town just because you disapprove of it. Your rhetoric against it is overly harsh in this case because there are lots of reasons for people to need happiness who may find a use for something, especially when that something looks really cool. I totally understand that you're not a fan... but not every building is for every player... and that doesn't make the ones that aren't for you necessarily "trash". Some things in this game are just awful in my opinion. But other people finding use for them... well, that's kinda what this game is about, no?

All right, maybe I am being overly harsh against the Graveyard. Yes, I 100% understand that people play this game differently, and may need different buildings to fill their cities unique needs.

My opinion still doesn't change. I am disappointed. Its really cool looking, but it's just not worth the space. It's the size of the Ships (Pirate/Royal/Trader) and yet doesn't even come close to their usefulness. It's almost the same size as the Cider Mill, but isn't as good.

Mad Scientist Lab got a small update to stay more competitive. Why couldn't the Graveyard? Would reward all the older players who still play, and give the newer guys something to look forward to getting. Of course, what else could be added that would make sense? I have no idea.

Edit: Also, I am sorry for derailing the thread here. That was not my intention.

Mustapha00

I've got various levels of Graveyard sitting quietly gathering dust in my inventory. If the upgrades did something other than make the Graveyard even larger and only add Happiness, then I'd quite possibly drag them out if they fit my city, both in terms of space but, more importantly, of playstyle.

But then I got to thinking.....has Inno ever introduced an Event Building which had one purpose and ONLY one purpose and later added more functions to it? If they have, I can't think of any, but others probably have better memories than I do.

RazorbackPirate

I've got various levels of Graveyard sitting quietly gathering dust in my inventory. If the upgrades did something other than make the Graveyard even larger and only add Happiness, then I'd quite possibly drag them out if they fit my city, both in terms of space but, more importantly, of playstyle.

But then I got to thinking.....has Inno ever introduced an Event Building which had one purpose and ONLY one purpose and later added more functions to it? If they have, I can't think of any, but others probably have better memories than I do.
They did with this event. Both the Haunted Tower and the Mad Scientists' Lab were buffed. The Haunted Tower got a Supply Boost to what had previously been Happiness only and the Mad Scientists' Lab had the 24 hour production increased from 10 goods to 15. It also got an increase to the amount of coins and supplies the other productions provide.

So yes, as of this event Inno has added to a previously happy only building. I would like to see something else added to the graveyards. It would be nice to see it add some Halloween Creatures to the city like some of the newer historical questline buildings do. Something to make it worth putting down seasonally, at least.

DeletedUser36509

i have to agree with m9silent, as a grand prize that takes multiple upgrades to achieve and is preposterous in size, its garbage at only happiness. it does one good thing though. it takes the pressure off doing whatever it takes to get it like the ships (have 2) or the windmills (have 3) because i will never ever have one or feel the desire to get one. lets hope Christmas is more rewarding

RazorbackPirate

Since I know you know why, I'll answer this for the benefit of others.

After ME, the MSL will give refined goods without the need for coins, supplies, or unrefined goods as inputs. It only requires 2 pop in all ages, another plus.

The reason I say 'might be useful' is that I won't know if I'll need any special buildings to produce goods until I get to those ages. At 4x4, it's too large for just 2-3 FPs per day, so for now, since I don't need the goods, it will likely stay in inventory.
i have to agree with m9silent, as a grand prize that takes multiple upgrades to achieve and is preposterous in size, its garbage at only happiness. it does one good thing though. it takes the pressure off doing whatever it takes to get it like the ships (have 2) or the windmills (have 3) because i will never ever have one or feel the desire to get one. lets hope Christmas is more rewarding
Whew, good thing it's not the grand prize and you just get 2 selection kits along the way. Since you can't get more than 2 kits no matter what, you are right there is no pressure, they'll just show up on your way to the ACTUAL grand prize the Dark Doorway which provides 3 FPs in a 3x3.

Beyond fitting the faux 'Inno sucks', and self-aggrandizing 'not worth my time' narratives, why folks want to believe a recycled event building that you can't max out is the main prize, grand prize, or whatever is beyond me.

Last edited: