• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

You will be able to work on solving all the Librarian and Death Druid’s quests until the 5th of November. Good Luck!

Should you have any comments or questions, please let us know! We're looking forward for your feedback here :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Jern2017

Can't wait! The gameplay mechanic for this event looks similar to the Archeology Event and it looks nice, much better than most of the other monotonous events. The Abandoned Asylum has impressive stats as well.

Godly Luke

I'm excited for the chance of getting the old avatars. The plague doctor one especially.... (SCP 049)

UBERhelp1

Yay! This event is cool. If you get a book, complete the questline as soon as possible. This will give you the greatest chance of getting more books and therefore the reward.

HOWEVER, I hope my internet is working for me to be able to participate :/

DeletedUser37581

Yay! This event is cool. If you get a book, complete the questline as soon as possible. This will give you the greatest chance of getting more books and therefore the reward.

HOWEVER, I hope my internet is working for me to be able to participate :/
How does completing a book's questline give a greater chance of getting more books?

UBERhelp1

How does completing a book's questline give a greater chance of getting more books?
You get more candy from the books quests. Also, since you can only have one of each book questline open at a time, the faster you go through them the more you will be able to do. Finally, since completing one of each questline gives you a reward of more tools, that will let you get more books. Rinse and repeat.

DeletedUser37581

You get more candy from the books quests. Also, since you can only have one of each book questline open at a time, the faster you go through them the more you will be able to do. Finally, since completing one of each questline gives you a reward of more tools, that will let you get more books. Rinse and repeat.
Okay, but you'll get the candy reward whether you do the quests as soon as possible or not. I think it makes more sense to save up a few and do several of them together as there are a lot of overlapping quests (such as 4-hour productions) that can all be completed at once.

On the positive side, getting the Librarian reward isn't necessary at all to get a fully leveled Abandoned Asylum. It's a lot more useful for those wanting to get multiple Asylums.

UBERhelp1

Okay, but you'll get the candy reward whether you do the quests as soon as possible or not. I think it makes more sense to save up a few and do several of them together as there are a lot of overlapping quests (such as 4-hour productions) that can all be completed at once.

On the positive side, getting the Librarian reward isn't necessary at all to get a fully leveled Abandoned Asylum. It's a lot more useful for those wanting to get multiple Asylums.
Still, the sooner you finish the books the faster you will be able to get other rewards. Especially considering how hard it can be to get an entire set of books.

DeletedUser37581

Still, the sooner you finish the books the faster you will be able to get other rewards. Especially considering how hard it can be to get an entire set of books.
I can vouch for the difficulty of getting a complete set. Unless drop rates were changed from beta, it appears that under 50% will manage to get a complete set.

OldTyme72

I don't remember seeing any of the avatars along the way in Beta. Luckily I did get all the books and the main big prize without a problem.

DeletedUser30791

I don't remember seeing any of the avatars along the way in Beta. Luckily I did get all the books and the main big prize without a problem.
I got quite a few avatars along the way. I switched my Beta avatar to Frank.

DeletedUser30791

I can vouch for the difficulty of getting a complete set. Unless drop rates were changed from beta, it appears that under 50% will manage to get a complete set.
I ended up buying 500 candy which got me the last silver book I was missing. Definitely not needed to complete the Asylum.

DeletedUser29646

looks like a good event.
On a side note, has any one experiencing slower speeds? my RQs and fps i drop on GBs seem to lag more then usual, wondering if just me? maybe need to upgrade computer not sure..

RazorbackPirate

On a side note, has any one experiencing slower speeds? my RQs and fps i drop on GBs seem to lag more then usual, wondering if just me? maybe need to upgrade computer not sure..
Yes. It seems to have started with the CA blackouts. It may be related, something as simple of all the other pipes seeing more traffic with all the pipes not currently available.

RazorbackPirate

No graveyard upgrades?!? That's disappointing.
You're wrong on this. A graveyard selection kit was offered twice on Beta. The 'Book of the Buried' questline offers 3 fragments of an upgrade for completion and it can be completed multiple times if you acquire multiple BotB books. Not sure how many fragments are needed for an upgrade.