• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Alfred Rex

Are you talking about no kits to upgrade the graveyard, or no new level beyond the Necropolis?
I was referring to upgrade kits. I hope they are offered as a daily reward. That would probably be the best chance for me to win one. I noticed upgrade kits being offered in the Antiques shop and silly me I passed on them thinking they would be offered in the Halloween event :(

DeletedUser40061

first time for me with this event. i hope it will be better than the other one i played.

on a side note-

im surprised there isnt like a pumpkin patch you can win..the pumpkins, when become ripe would yield the same kinds of things like spice trader or fan club..and in some rare instances, diamonds... emerging from a ripe pumpkin would be cinderella a flick of her wand and viola! diamonds appear.. cool idea .

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

im surprised there isnt like a pumpkin patch you can win..the pumpkins, when become ripe would yield the same kinds of things like spice trader or fan club..and in some rare instances, diamonds... emerging from a ripe pumpkin would be cinderella a flick of her wand and viola! diamonds appear.. cool idea .

ndz mre "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

DeletedUser41276

Sure wish I could play it. It only partially loads up and I can only use my computer once a week. Bummed.

DeletedUser

Just to show how production heavy this event is, playing this afternoon, I'm up to quest 23 in my Bronze Age city (all blacksmiths) and only between quests 5 and 12 on my other 3 worlds......

Ctik

looks like a good event.
On a side note, has any one experiencing slower speeds? my RQs and fps i drop on GBs seem to lag more then usual, wondering if just me? maybe need to upgrade computer not sure..

Wife and I have seen this start not long ago. Adding FP to GB's, clicking through reoccurring quests, fights, negotiate, pretty much anything where you are constantly pushing requests to the server. There will be (randomly) lag.

DeletedUser

Do multiple books at a time to reduce some pain.
yes, that is a good way to reduce the slog. Though I am not getting as many books in the early goings as I did n Beta, though of course that's the nature of random stuff. In BA, it's going so fast, I've finished 28 main quests, but still only at 11 or 12 on the rest. A bit of an endurance test this event, but the Asylum is soooo nice. Plus, I've always wanted one of my own, for when family comes to visit.....

UBERhelp1

Plus, I've always wanted one of my own, for when family comes to visit.....
Wow. That is a great line and I may or may not use that myself.

Event is great so far. Well balanced, good prizes (Asylum and the Dark Doorway from last year), and relatively easy questlines. My Tiny Town thanks you :p

So far, I've found 4 books (all common). I like them; it's like having a lot of side quests. The nice thing about the books, as well, is the extra bit of candy and some AD fodder. The only reason to do the books other than that is to get the Librarian's Reward.

Oh, and I got the king zombie person picture. So that's cool.

DeletedUser40996

Anxiously looking forward to this event. Organization of quests is greatly improved over previous incarnations and, as such, much more enjoyable to play.
And only a single questline unlike the fall event so much easier to find and plan ahead

DeletedUser35801

I have mixed feelings about the books during the Event. Putting an award and linking it to RNG kinda sucks the fun away. Someone may get lucky and get at least one of each during this Event or someone may not get it complete due to bad luck. It would be nice if there was a backup set up to make sure everyone has a chance to do all the book quests.

qaccy

Haven't done anything yet besides the quests, but I'm already to the point of waiting for the next quest to arrive. My city's got plenty of production buildings, but I've just been taking my 11 Magnum Opus out of 8-hour mode as needed to get quests done. If you've got something against having buildings that only produce supplies, start keeping an eye out for production buildings that produce other stuff instead! That way you can keep them around all the time instead of just grumbling whenever an event rolls around and you have to clear out space for the supply buildings...

Jern2017

I'm liking the event so far, especially using tools to clean cobwebs. It was interesting to see two new quest types (collect incidents and exchange items in the AD) as well.

Vger

I like the books. It adds an interesting element to have so many quests going all at the same time. And they give you something more to do once the main quest line is finished (which seemed easier to do in this event).
Not sure if I will manage to get all 8 books. They are like BPs. NO NO NO. Not that one again. Gimme one I don't already have!!! But I get random, no complaints if I come up short.

UBERhelp1

1. I really like the event so far. Level 3 AA, and plenty of rewards.
2. The books are really nice. Found about 20, and have completed most of them. Still, I have the 3 silver books to find.
3. I have done way too many book quests today. At least 15. Oof.

Goals for the rest of the event: Get the "Librarian" avatar on my TT. I use it on my main and want to stay consistent if possible. Second, get AA level 9's on both my main and TT. Finally, get some WW on my WW farm. That's about it. Yey.

DeletedUser4441

I like the books. It adds an interesting element to have so many quests going all at the same time. And they give you something more to do once the main quest line is finished (which seemed easier to do in this event).
Not sure if I will manage to get all 8 books. They are like BPs. NO NO NO. Not that one again. Gimme one I don't already have!!! But I get random, no complaints if I come up short.

I was sweating getting the last book on Beta, but it finally popped up. The duplicates..I look at it like- Cha-ching-25 free candy....