• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

barra370804

The library book feature is an added bonus..I'm impressed. If INNO wanted a way to keep players online and playing, this is it. I have five of the damn things running plus the main quest and just can't seem to stop...Man, I need to get some sleep...
agreed

qaccy

I haven't touched the Library yet as I'm waiting for Dark Doorways to come up as the daily prize. Hopefully all the time I'll be losing to work on books/book quests doesn't end up biting me too hard!

Graviton

I also like the library feature. Instead of waiting for a daily prize I want, I'm chasing books instead, which means I'm playing as often as I can. OTOH it's causing me to leave my incidents laying around, and my friends and guildies un-aided, until a book quest requires it.

EDIT: As usual, one of my seven cities has been cursed by the RNG gods:

FoE RNG Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

mamboking053

I also like the library feature. Instead of waiting for a daily prize I want, I'm chasing books instead, which means I'm playing as often as I can. OTOH it's causing me to leave my incidents laying around, and my friends and guildies un-aided, until a book quest requires it.

EDIT: As usual, one of my seven cities has been cursed by the RNG gods:

View attachment 14276

I had it in mind to wait till about three or four days before the event ended, collect as many books as possible, and then start completing the requirements to cut down on repetition. Is this possible or did you need to do one book at a time?

Graviton

I had it in mind to wait till about three or four days before the event ended, collect as many books as possible, and then start completing the requirements to cut down on repetition. Is this possible or did you need to do one book at a time?

You can theoretically do all eight at the same time. You'll need better luck than I'm having avoiding duplicate books. Don't wait too long, some of them require 4-hour productions.

DeletedUser41212

How many Events have you been through and what did you consider good Events?

I've been thru a few and really weren't impressed with any of them, although the Pirate event was ok.

Why were those Events better then this one?

Again all about the same. Mostly money generators and theres nothing wrong with that.

How could INNO improve this Event to make it more attractive to you?

They can't, it's just the way it goes.

DeletedUser41394

Compared to the summer event, cost for candy is too high, frequency of rewards is low, value of rewards is disappointing.

mamboking053

The Crow's Nest and this building, the Abandoned Asylum, are pretty remarkable. I'm not too big on attack boost any more since I consider it's value inflationary past a certain point (since you can rarely one-shot it seems the only value in it would be to take down players with extreme defenses) , but it still helps those who don't use diamonds move up to that point quickly and the fp/square ratio is still pretty good in and of itself.

DeletedUser4441

You can theoretically do all eight at the same time. You'll need better luck than I'm having avoiding duplicate books. Don't wait too long, some of them require 4-hour productions.

IIRC the 3rd Silver one requires 24H productions.

20 since 5th gives you a reward

ok..ok, so that math stuff is over-rated :p

The Crow's Nest and this building, the Abandoned Asylum, are pretty remarkable. I'm not too big on attack boost any more since I consider it's value inflationary past a certain point (since you can rarely one-shot it seems the only value in it would be to take down players with extreme defenses) , but it still helps those who don't use diamonds move up to that point quickly and the fp/square ratio is still pretty good in and of itself.

Your going to change that tune a little when GBG hits. Facing units with up to 1740% Attack boost based on Attrition, every boost point counts.

DeletedUser40559

The library book feature is an added bonus..I'm impressed. If INNO wanted a way to keep players online and playing, this is it. I have five of the damn things running plus the main quest and just can't seem to stop...Man, I need to get some sleep...

I agree, it seems like I just keep on playing. I think I had the main quest and five books going at once!! And the time was just flying by.

Super Catanian

This has been a great event with the new books mechanic. I feel like I am getting a lot of Pumpkins, even though I am not focusing on them.
Maybe the books should be kept in a separate tab below the Event tab on the left of the screen. A sort of Storybook tab, perhaps, along with the Story, Daily, and Event tabs. If I have many books open at the same time, I would not want to scroll too much in the Event tab to find the main Event questline Quests, which are what really matters.

I'm finding I do not like the "books" part of the Halloween Event. 1 of each book is fine. But all the duplicate copies? I realize I don't need to do them, but they are there! (lol) and some are the same quest you can complete at the same time. So I just kept doing them. Paying large amounts of supplies and coins, using goods to negotiate, using troops to fight, using inventory buildings to increase happiness and population. For 5 candies? Wait...no. I'm using my hard earned resources for 5 candies? Not selling my inventory (or having to sell) in the antiques dealer for 5 candies? No! No more for me. I'll find my 8 books and that's it. No more pressure to take the time and effort to do all those extra quests. This also means I dont have to use my tools in the library to track down every book I see. Just say no.

Something else I just realized: I'm probably using more library tools to find and uncover the books I need (and don't need) than I will win after completing my 8. So basically, all that effort for an avatar. It's a trick, not a treat!

RazorbackPirate

My only complaint is that we're now a full week into the event without a single Daily Special worth going after. I'm fully caught up on the quests and have yet to begin clearing the library. The books sound great, but I'm not blowing all my tools going after a bunch of crappy rewards I don't want or need and will never find a home in my city.

If Inno's plan is to wait until the last few days of the event to offer anything good as a DS , then this thing becomes a giant bust. My excitement over something new is quickly turning into disappointment, a whole lotta, "So what?" and, "Who cares?"

Algona

"Who cares?"

Players who don't have cities glutted with good stuff.

Might as well get used to it, the majority of Daily Prizes can't be original and exciting and desirable for long time players.

We'd get our fill in an Event or two (How many Sleigh Builders is enough?) and INNO would have to constantly invent new Daily Prizes for Events to keep most of us super excited about the majority of Daily Prizes.

So WW and HoF and SoK and RK and 1UP and the rest of the gang will continue to make regular appearances along with cameos by the likes of Mill of Fall and Ship and Black Tower.

I suspect the new mantra will be 'Sigh. More stuff to feed AD'.

DeletedUser40996

Players who don't have cities glutted with good stuff.

Yep . Newer players like me Aren't as jaded as old timers . I'm happy for any goodies I can get even if some of them wind up as AD Fodder anyway