• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

Is anyone else struggling with the supply demands on a new world?

In iron age it's asking for 5,200 supplies paid on several of the quests. Right now I have a bunch up, about 25,000 supplies requested in all and I barely have a few thousand, and access to butchers at best.

I can see this not being noticed during beta testing, who's new there? lol :)

DeletedUser40996

In iron age it's asking for 5,200 supplies a pop on several of the quests. Right now I have a bunch up, about 25,000 supplies requested in all and I barely have a few thousand, and access to butchers at best.
Not on my IA world but for sure on my baby bronze city

DeletedUser35801

There is a reason why I think using RNG for the Books sucks. I did over 2 and a half hours of the Event Cobwebs. Have not seen the Golden Book at all. At this point going to not get it due to RNG. It would be nice if they had other ways to gain the Books. Buy them direct with Diamonds, trade Books for other Books. And perhaps other ways I have not thought of. It's too bad for sure.

Agent327

In iron age it's asking for 5,200 supplies paid on several of the quests. Right now I have a bunch up, about 25,000 supplies requested in all and I barely have a few thousand, and access to butchers at best.

There wasn't a new world on beta.

Not just supplies, but also goods and fights are a problem. Welcome to a new world.

Freshmeboy

I think there is a little less RNG in the books than you may think...there is a prize that is quest oriented and you need all the quests to win it. INNO grinds no bones about diamond use in pursuit of finishing quests in a timely or hurried manner..I can't believe they would set this up as an RNG..more likely its like a DC. Where the programming searches your city before deciding on your daily quests.
I may be wrong...did the wiki say it was RNG...? Did INNO..? If so, that would be a first..

Algona

I started to say of course not, I've had no problem with running short of Supplies in my IA city for the Events since I started in the SoccerEvent.

But you're right, this Event is unique with the multiple Books Quests asking for an unusual amount of Supplies. I can see how a city that has not had time to stockpile Supplies could have a problem. I suspect if my IA city were fresh out of BA I might have had problems as well.

Prolly be a one time problem for any observant player though.

Query: Is it a bad thing that a newer city might have problems completing what are essentially nonessential Quests / parts of an Event?

Follow up: Is it a mistake for INNO to put in an Event feature that while not critical for success, is nonetheless frustrating?

I wonder how many Diamond sales that is driving? Buy tools to find Books to earn Tools? Do folks think that way?

I note I'm not the only one bothered by the inability to find books and as I noted earlier, its bugging me even though I know it's not important to getting the Asylum. See jaelis' quote in my sig.

Last edited:

qaccy

Your going to change that tune a little when GBG hits. Facing units with up to 1740% Attack boost based on Attrition, every boost point counts.

Actually...against numbers like that, boost is pretty much meaningless. Nobody's got a high enough military bonus to be able to beat units that powerful, and nobody's really going to be able to get that high, either.

Buildings that increase attack power are still helpful to a point, though.

DeletedUser37581

Actually...against numbers like that, boost is pretty much meaningless. Nobody's got a high enough military bonus to be able to beat units that powerful, and nobody's really going to be able to get that high, either.

Just out of curiosity, what amount of military boost would likely be needed to defeat a random army (which could be either 1 or 2 waves) with 1740/1740% boost?

saknika

I'm feeling so-so on this event. I really enjoy this style of event in searching the library and uncovering the cobwebs and such, it's fun. But I'm frustrated in trying to find the books and avatars. Naturally I'm aiming mainly for the potions for the asylum upgrades, but I really would like some of the older avatars along the way, and I'd like a full set of books. I have seen exactly 1 old avatar, and I can't seem to find 2 of the 8 books. Meanwhile other folks in my guild are having a field day with what they have found. It almost feels like some people are going to get really lucky, and then some of us are gonna get totally screwed on the extras and that is not a fun feeling. And I know I'm not just missing these items, because I make sure to uncover enough stuff so that no cobweb is still dark, and thus I cannot see if there could possibly be something under it. At this point I'm 100% caught up to the daily quest line and I've done 13 book quests and I have not missed any of the daily candies, plus the ones from email... so that's a lot of candies, and a lot of tools (always sticking with the big bundle option). You'd think I'd have had at least a little more luck. o_O

DeletedUser31397

I'm feeling so-so on this event. I really enjoy this style of event in searching the library and uncovering the cobwebs and such, it's fun. But I'm frustrated in trying to find the books and avatars. Naturally I'm aiming mainly for the potions for the asylum upgrades, but I really would like some of the older avatars along the way, and I'd like a full set of books. I have seen exactly 1 old avatar, and I can't seem to find 2 of the 8 books. Meanwhile other folks in my guild are having a field day with what they have found. It almost feels like some people are going to get really lucky, and then some of us are gonna get totally screwed on the extras and that is not a fun feeling. And I know I'm not just missing these items, because I make sure to uncover enough stuff so that no cobweb is still dark, and thus I cannot see if there could possibly be something under it. At this point I'm 100% caught up to the daily quest line and I've done 13 book quests and I have not missed any of the daily candies, plus the ones from email... so that's a lot of candies, and a lot of tools (always sticking with the big bundle option). You'd think I'd have had at least a little more luck. o_O

Well the nice thing with the books is as long as you don't care about owning every single avatar in the game, the librarian reward is not needed to get a fully upgraded Abandoned Asylum if you carefully plan how to use your resources. It's a nice feature for those who are lucky that have difficulty getting a max leveled AA. I still need to find the red scarecrow book to get a complete set. If I find it awesome, if not whatever...

DeletedUser

So far, for all evens I rely on a few tailors and a lot of BlackSmiths, and have managed to complete all quest lines. It's the tedium of producing so many 5 & 15 minute productions that gets a bit stale.

In Beta, I was in IrA, and managed to get the full Asylum with no diamonds. Had a lot of blacksmiths up, as I was still relatively new and had fair amount of space I could devote to them.

On live servers: in my BA world, blew through the main quests in less than a day (mostly blacksmiths, so that was easy); in my 3 IrA worlds, it took me until today to finally catch up to all the daily quests. In all 3 IrA worlds I have at least 1 tailor, on 1 world I've 4, all won in GE. Those help a lot.

As producing supplies seems to be a fixture of event quests, I'll try to have at least 2 tailors in each world.

DeletedUser29726

Just out of curiosity, what amount of military boost would likely be needed to defeat a random army (which could be either 1 or 2 waves) with 1740/1740% boost?

Depends a lot on the era. But general considerations:
1) because your own defense on your attacking army is going to be *much* lower than that, your units are all getting at least 2 shot (maybe occasionally 1 shot for squishy ones). This in general means that you either have to hit first and be able to 2 shot yourself, or be insulated from attacks from at least part of their army.
2) if you're relying on units that don't "naturally" 2 shot, your attack boost is going to have to be significantly above 17xx%. i.e. if you're used to artillery in early ages 2 shotting because you have 100% boost and they have not much more than 0%, the equivalent here would be if you had 35xx% attack boost.
3) it only takes ONE army you can't beat and then you're done for the day. So if for instance, you cannot beat 8 heavies then as soon as that shows up you're done.

The best shot for a setup where you can fight forever in GBG is probably going to be an age where units have hard counters in terms of abilities. i.e. Flyers if there's too much artillery, stealth units that mostly can't be hit by other units. Potentially also one of those ages where you can get troops from ages ahead and combine them with rogues. i.e. the boost needed for hover tank + 7 rogues to (manually) fight a 1700% boosted CE army will be significantly lower both because there's no natural anti-stealth in the age and because the stats are a bit higher than the units of the age; you'd just need to be very careful to protect your unattached units/spend diamonds to revive it. It's not something I'll be able to test though on beta as my city there is neither the right age nor has the necessary infrastructure.

DeletedUser

But I'm frustrated in trying to find the books

In Beta, very, very few folks in a large guild reported they got all 8 books. About half (40) responded, and yes, small sample size and all, still, the drop rate is not that great for the full set. A bit too hard. Inno could have slightly reduced the already minuscule rewards, and then slightly bumped up the amount of books distributed around. On Beta, lots of folks logged on each day, maxed their efforts to collect candies, finished all possible quests, and still found 5 or even less of the 8 books. I got 5. I can see coming up short 1 book, but not finding 3 to 4 by the end of an event seems to indicate it's a bit stingy......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37581

On the plus side, books quests did not reward candies on beta until the very end. And even without that additional candy boost (or the Librarian reward), it was quite easy to get a fully leveled Asylum.

On beta, I found over 40 books, but did not get one of the silvers nor the gold.

DeletedUser4441

It would take some pretty crazy numbers. However, the higher your boost the further up the chain you can get. Attrition increases after each battle. The higher your boost the more battles you can do before having to tap out for the day.

DeletedUser26120

So far, for all evens I rely on a few tailors and a lot of BlackSmiths, and have managed to complete all quest lines. It's the tedium of producing so many 5 & 15 minute productions that gets a bit stale.
I finally unlocked militia and it led to a quest spam of sectors I'd completed - 28,000 supplies now lol :) That's another way to get past it.

Nice on the candies, didn't know they weren't awarded in beta.

saknika

Well the nice thing with the books is as long as you don't care about owning every single avatar in the game, the librarian reward is not needed to get a fully upgraded Abandoned Asylum if you carefully plan how to use your resources. It's a nice feature for those who are lucky that have difficulty getting a max leveled AA. I still need to find the red scarecrow book to get a complete set. If I find it awesome, if not whatever...
That definitely is nice that I'll still get the Asylum, as that's the main goal. But I really, really, really like the Death Druid avatar. I feel like there aren't many "pretty" Halloween avatars for those of us that don't want to be gory Halloween, and it also speaks to me because it's not a stereotypical Halloween look, it feels more pagan. That being the case, it'd be nice to have a fair shot at getting the avatar without much struggle, especially since it's really rare for Inno to re-release avatars. It's trivial, I know, but it's not like this isn't that kind of game, either. When you only get so much of a selection, and the better pieces of the selection aren't just automatically given to you, it's frustrating to be unable to get them because the mechanics in a mini game decide you're not worthy of getting a full collection of objects. It also becomes concerning because it could mean that some users struggle to even get the potions, if the game can't even reliably give the books.

EDIT: I also think it's frustrating because it is an avatar, it shouldn't be that difficult to obtain. Not to mention getting a full collection of books does help you out with tools, and considering how costly the book quests can be on goods/supplies/coins, it ought to be easier to get at least one full set. For those who don't realize that the pumpkins are a red herring to be ignored if you want the Asylum, getting a full set of books could be the little extra push they need to correct their mistake. Or again, if someone actually does get screwed on the little green potions, it could be the little push they need. Based on the appearance of the books I cannot help but think that someone out there in FOE is equally unlucky with the potions.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Depends a lot on the era. But general considerations:
1) because your own defense on your attacking army is going to be *much* lower than that, your units are all getting at least 2 shot (maybe occasionally 1 shot for squishy ones). This in general means that you either have to hit first and be able to 2 shot yourself, or be insulated from attacks from at least part of their army.
2) if you're relying on units that don't "naturally" 2 shot, your attack boost is going to have to be significantly above 17xx%. i.e. if you're used to artillery in early ages 2 shotting because you have 100% boost and they have not much more than 0%, the equivalent here would be if you had 35xx% attack boost.
3) it only takes ONE army you can't beat and then you're done for the day. So if for instance, you cannot beat 8 heavies then as soon as that shows up you're done.

The best shot for a setup where you can fight forever in GBG is probably going to be an age where units have hard counters in terms of abilities. i.e. Flyers if there's too much artillery, stealth units that mostly can't be hit by other units. Potentially also one of those ages where you can get troops from ages ahead and combine them with rogues. i.e. the boost needed for hover tank + 7 rogues to (manually) fight a 1700% boosted CE army will be significantly lower both because there's no natural anti-stealth in the age and because the stats are a bit higher than the units of the age; you'd just need to be very careful to protect your unattached units/spend diamonds to revive it. It's not something I'll be able to test though on beta as my city there is neither the right age nor has the necessary infrastructure.
Don't forget that you could actually use the Virgo project to get easier fights at high attrition levels. Wait until attrition gets high, collect from VP, and now maybe you could go a little farther.