• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Freshmeboy

Wow Graviton, you're flying high..I've got 7 on my main and 6 on my baby and I've done probably 40 books on each...Are you avoiding the pumpkins completely..?

DeletedUser41583

I've been informed incidents last 24 hours from the time they show up, so that's the upper limit.

I'm just a volunteer moderator, the devs get updated regularly on what's going on around here.

As a player, I'd answer your question with "collect them less if you want to finish quests faster"

If they are candies, they will still be candies when you pick them up. If you're concerned about missing out then simple answer would be to collect all before your final log off for the day, and it shouldn't take long for fresh ones to pop up on your next login after waking up.

Players on Beta requested new quests and it's been a long time since I've seen them add things other than the standard battles, productions, etc. Again, as a player, I'm thrilled they are giving us options and variety.

It may not be what everyone wants, and that's why the quests also offer alternatives. I am not sure exactly what the problem here is?

I'm sorry if you dislike them, but a lot of people like them. I may dislike colosseum GB but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and demand they remove it from the game or change how it works.

If you enjoy the game, then great! But if this one thing is such an annoyance to you then why not find another game or make your own?

Once more, that's my opinion as a player. I can understand wanting to finish quests quickly but a big part of FoE is planning ahead - especially with the events. There are wiki/wikia pages with all the quest conditions posted well in advance.
Thanks for a thoughtful answer, that's refreshing for me in this thread.
I want to remind everyone that incident quest doesn't ruin my game. I think it's bad, but I don't think it breaks the game. I enjoy the game so far. I also agree having alternatives is a plus.
I posted here partially because I wanted to know what purpose incident quest serves. If it's nothing beyond what most players on the forum want then I guess it is what it is.
As for planning ahead, yes it's important, but sometimes things don't go according to plan. That's when timing becomes an issue. For example, if I save tools and candies for a specific daily special, now I have to guess which day it'd appear to save me the option to clear quest with incident. If I guess wrong and collect all the incidents the night before, then I usually lose one option to finish incident quest immediately. I know you and some others disagree, but I genuinely consider this a punishment, although not a game-breaking one. I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

DeletedUser28147

I'm not paying them any attention at all. If I get 'em, I get 'em. I'm chasing the potions first, then just advancing through the library hoping to get books.
So you haven't spent any diamonds?

DeletedUser41763

Did anyone else complete quest 40 but not receive the 750 Candies? I see the big green checkmark over quest 40 in the questline at the bottom of the event screen, but no Candies :(

As a great philosopher once said, "I got a rock."

NoCandies.jpg

DeletedUser26120

Thanks for a thoughtful answer, that's refreshing for me in this thread.
I want to remind everyone that incident quest doesn't ruin my game. I think it's bad, but I don't think it breaks the game. I enjoy the game so far. I also agree having alternatives is a plus.
I posted here partially because I wanted to know what purpose incident quest serves. If it's nothing beyond what most players on the forum want then I guess it is what it is.
As for planning ahead, yes it's important, but sometimes things don't go according to plan. That's when timing becomes an issue. For example, if I save tools and candies for a specific daily special, now I have to guess which day it'd appear to save me the option to clear quest with incident. If I guess wrong and collect all the incidents the night before, then I usually lose one option to finish incident quest immediately. I know you and some others disagree, but I genuinely consider this a punishment, although not a game-breaking one. I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.
Understandable, I like to finish quests quickly too. I've been using up all my "finish production" items here :)

Honestly I'd rather have collect 3 incidents than 55 5 min productions, that's a good bit easier - if not faster. I presume that's one reason players asked for new quests, gets tiring when it's all "spam your productions"

Algona

Has anybody here gotten more than 5 upgrades, without diamonds, for the AA yet?

I got lvl 8 yesterday morning. No Diamonds. Lucky in that I was chasing pumpkins, I really wanted Dark Doorways (got 5) for my IA city. I did manage to hit and complete the full set of Books at the same time, that got me there. Dumb liuck ftw.

I was thinking that the Library Books would be a great place to give Random Rewards.

Phenomenal idea.

DeletedUser40996

Asking for quests to include the collection of incidents and selling items to the Antique Dealer were both rather popular ideas from the beta server. A lot of people are quite pleased that Inno listened to its player-base and added more variety to the quests.

Agreed even if I have to wait until server reset to collect them for quest

DeletedUser40996

Understandable, I like to finish quests quickly too. I've been using up all my "finish production" items here :)

Honestly I'd rather have collect 3 incidents than 55 5 min productions, that's a good bit easier - if not faster. I presume that's one reason players asked for new quests, gets tiring when it's all "spam your productions"
Especially with an event like this where multiple qjestlines can overlap so having your production buildings tied up slows you down if there's no alternative ways to advance

DeletedUser26120

No change. I even tried switching to a different device, but my candy total stays the same.
File a support ticket, and you'll want to do it ASAP so they can get you fixed in time. Right click in the game and it's there as a link.

Edit: If inno does this again next year, and I hope they do, a suggestion on the book quests would be to add an indicator to know if one is running. I keep clicking on them indiscriminately to start what I can.

Edit2: Book counts seem to be bugged, not showing proper amount of times completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Edit2: Book counts seem to be bugged, not showing proper amount of times completed.
Just checked on mine. At first I thought the same and then realised what it's actually showing. Collecting the Librarian Reward must have reset what it's showing as it's showing based on the current run, not the previous run.

DeletedUser26120

Just checked on mine. At first I thought the same and then realised what it's actually showing. Collecting the Librarian Reward must have reset what it's showing as it's showing based on the current run, not the previous run.
Oooh :) lol no wonder, thank you for checking!

DeletedUser30312

Well, so far not bad -- I waited until Thursday myself to start digging into it since the Dark Doorway has a decent trade in value at the AD and I feel no particular need for any of the dailies myself. Almost know luck with the avatars, all I found was the zombie queen. I still need 1 upgrade for the Asylum, but I think I should be able to win it by the time the event ends.

Books. Not a bad addition, but the RNG aspect is kind of annyoing. Those common books can pile up fast while the other books are harder to get. However, I'm only missing the gold book, so with luck I may yet find it. I dunno, I think the rarity aspect with the books isn't great, and it takes away from concentrating on the potions. 5 candies for completing each quest is a bit low, at least with the more rare books anyway.

As for Incidents, I've been saving them up until I get to the end of what I can complete with quests such as waiting on things like supply production. Then I clear them out. I don't know all the mechanics behind incidents, I think I understand how some of it works from observation. They last 24 hours, so usually I do an incident sweep of my city during my main collection period. I'll grab others I see during the day as well. Active players who collect incidents seem to generate more, it's typical for my main city to produce 10-15 incidents a day, but cities that I don't run actively maybe only get about 5. There are certain spots where incidents will spawn, and if there's no room for an incident, it'll pop up in a spot where another incident was cleared, this seems to be what Dursland was referring to as stacking. The stacking tends to occur more often in bigger cities with more expansions where the city has grown over incident spots I think.

DeletedUser38853

Just wondering where the link for the contest is? Was able to do the pumpkin guess and waiting for the next in sequence. Just can't find it. Any help would be great!

DeletedUser28233

Just wondering where the link for the contest is? Was able to do the pumpkin guess and waiting for the next in sequence. Just can't find it. Any help would be great!
i too am looking for the link, was it discontinued?