• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2019 Progress

Triopoly Champion

I still have my original Dark Doorway from last year, still in the Colonial Age.
Colonial Age is probably the best age of all because of the simple Recurring Quests, Contemporary comes 2nd, GE are easier in those 2 eras.

To complete the Halloween event quests very fast, Colonial is way better than Contemporary because every task is relatively easy with a level 80+ Arc. Also, you can collect as many valuable event buildings as possible. Colonial Clockmakers have smaller footage than Contemporary Fish Markets.

Algona

Get home from work at 2:30 AM.

Dark Doorway is the Daily. And there's 750 Candy bonus for completing today's Quest. And I've got 2K or so Candy stockpiled in my startup city, still in IA.

It's now 5 AM or so, I've been cleaning cobwebs and smashing pumpkins for 2.5 hours.

Jeez, what a complete and total waste of time. Flat failure....

Just kidding.

Collected 160 or so FP, 2 Dark Doorways, and running out of Candy and Tools but. managed to collect the 1 Common, 2 Silver and Gold Book I needed. So, Why not? Fire off all 8 Quests at once.

Not only will this get me the Librarian Reward, but the 160 additional Candy will put me over the 395 Candy for another Tool Set.

7:30 AM just finished the last of the Book Quests. At one point all 8 Quests were on Spend FPs. 24 FP netted 40 Candy, :D Used a couple Mass Supply Rushes to get some of the 1 and 4 Hour Quests done.

Back to more webs and pumpkins.

8:30 AM. Out of Tools, out of Candy, out of my mind.

Good thing I can check into my lvl 8 Asylum, if i can figure out how to open the 5 Dark Doorways.

And I still have my other 2 ccities to work through. I think I need to clear the cobwebs out of my mind...

DeletedUser26120

Colonial Age is probably the best age of all because of the simple Recurring Quests, Contemporary comes 2nd, GE are easier in those 2 eras.
I'll admit it's been a while since I did GE in CA but I would think CE is significantly easier (if boosts are reasonably high enough).

WIth helicopters in most of the toughest battles at the end, you're invulnerable to half the attacking army. Add your ranged unit hitting back everytime and wow! lol, I regret moving to FE on my diamond farm. Skipped TE, should have stayed.

I'm glad doorway came up, it's been fun doing the books :) Need Gold.

UBERhelp1

Whoop! Went through a tool set and found the last book I needed! Got the Librarian's reward and found enough books that I'm one away from the next one. Also, I found 2 dark doorways. My AA is at level 8. I should be able to get it to level 9 within a week. :D

Freshmeboy

Meanwhile, I'm on my third library quest in my main and trying to complete my second on my baby world..as soon as they come up, I I open them up and start rolling. I'm kicking the dookey out of this event..sorry Volodya....

barra370804

Meanwhile, I'm on my third library quest in my main and trying to complete my second on my baby world..as soon as they come up, I I open them up and start rolling. I'm kicking the dookey out of this event..sorry Volodya....
you lucky son of a... :mad:

Elfwand

I like the plan just fine, like the egyptian puzzle earlier this year it is fun to choose your way but i don't like the library books, they give such a tiny reward for so much outlay I've started skipping them.

DeletedUser31397

I am getting an overload of the graveyard upgrade book; I've already got 4 in a row. The problem with this book...you have to buy 5FPs everytime you go through it. I'm more likely just to let them sit there for this event.

Algona

...Also, I was able to get an Asylum a few days ago after getting lucky with 2 librarian rewards :)

Inspired by this post in the Feedback thread and Dark Doorway being up again, I dove back in. Between grinding a lot of Books and what I was able to scrounge since the last time DD was offered, I had enough to do two Tool Sets. And then hit the second Gold Book to get the second Librarian Reward, so was able to upgrade to lvl 9 Asylum this morning and pick up 2 more DD in the IA city.

Holding off on placing 3 of the 7 DD until after the Event ends, I want the space for Quest completions. Adding 32 FP per day is gonna really help accelerate growth.

Still haven't made a complete Book set in my other two cities.

Last edited:
I find there is simply not enough candy available in the game to achieve enough updates for the building. Very few days left and I still need 3 updates. have played every day and done every quest available. I have yet to find the Gold book, but multiple copies of all the other books which I have done again and again. I am disappointed.

Agent327

I find there is simply not enough candy available in the game to achieve enough updates for the building. Very few days left and I still need 3 updates. have played every day and done every quest available. I have yet to find the Gold book, but multiple copies of all the other books which I have done again and again. I am disappointed.

There is more than enough candy in the game and if you have done as you claim, you would have been one update short.

Super Catanian

That used to be the case, but with incidents and books you can now chase every pumpkin.
In my case, it felt more like the Spring Event: chase the good prizes since you'll still get the main prize in the end. There are very few Pumpkins I've left in the Cobwebs since most of them were in the way of the Potions when I used Brooms or Cauldrons.

Falconwing

i don't like the library books, they give such a tiny reward for so much outlay I've started skipping them.
Books are worth it. Not only do you get more candy, but you get a package full of tools if you complete them all. With a little foresight you can complete multiple quests at the same time.

My problem is I ain't finding a lot of books at all. My Niece has found many more books than I and she has the candy to prove it.