• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2020 Feedback

ubermensch

This event is great, my city improved by 100% attack and 25 forge points.
But be careful, there are tricks, you must know how to dig otherwise you will spend all your event resources in vain.

there is a blog where he explains how to play it well, a player who shares his experience.

search for: halloween 2020 forge of empires experts

this event for me is the best of the whole year, much better than winter 2020 which is very confusing.

thanks INNOGAMES: Dt1.jpg

Lankybrit

This looks like a really fun event with a great reward building. Single currency and single building are my favorite types of events. The minus happiness will not be an issue on any of my worlds, so this will be great. Going for the Wolf one on each world I think.

Backstop25

Halloween Event, "Mysterious Fog" Quest. The current one that I have requires in addition to a cultural building, to "Buy 5 Forge Points" .
Is there another way in the game to buy FP other that with Diamonds or real world money?

Attachments

• Halloween Event FoP.JPG
    Halloween Event FoP.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 10

-Chen-

Curious how everyone else is doing with getting the Asylum today, cuz I've personally never had a more frustrating day at any event, and I never thought I'd say that after dealing with trying to get the Crow's Nest off of that wheel.

Got one right away on my first try, then one more a few tries later, then nothing the rest of the day. 10 trips through the light bulb bar (lost count on how many pumpkins, has to be 50+) and TWO Asylum kits. I'm sorry, but no one will ever convince me that my luck is just that bad, on the day when they just happen to have the best prize in the event. I would bet my house and a months pay that if it was 'store building' or any other lesser prize, I'd have at least 10 of them by now. SMH. Randomly generated my ---.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I've been able to buy two 395 ticket tool packs today with from quests, haven't missed a single pumpkin, and haven't gotten a single daily special. Our lord and master the High RNG doesn't favor me today.

ivjordan

Two 395 packs, only one selection kit. Haven't counted the pumpkins, but still.
Seems that diamonds will be needed at the next appearance.

Just An Observer

Starting tickets, two 395 ticket packages, tickets from buying the $99 Diamond package and a 1995 Diamond package were put into an effort to get Abandoned Asylum kits. 4 came my way, which struck me as neither good or bad.

For one day to turn out lousy or great is just bell curve stuff. Have two lousy days of max effort and that would be Really Bad Luck while two hot days means it is time to go buy some lottery tickets...LOL! Having read about saving one's tickets until the daily special is one that is desired, that will be my strategy. The Abandoned Asylum should show up a couple more times at least is my hope. Maybe that will be enough for me to get the whole shebang.

John16309

I decided to go all in on day 1 to get the Asylum. Completed the first 30 quests, knocked out who knows how many toy quests (6 of 8 have check marks but I did some multiple times) 10k in diamonds. Picked up 283 light bulbs, didn't pass up a single pumpkin that I uncovered, and ended up with 8 AA kits.

This event reminds me why I don't play scratch-off lottery games...

Plunder Queen

I did the $200 and $50 pack and got exactly what I needed to build two asylums. With those diamonds, I was able to buy 4 600 diamond land plots as well. I have about 700 diamonds left and 600 tickets which will be used when the SO comes out. It was far easier to get three villas from the summer event than 18 asylum upgrades. Never again.

Agent327

I did the $200 and $50 pack and got exactly what I needed to build two asylums. With those diamonds, I was able to buy 4 600 diamond land plots as well. I have about 700 diamonds left and 600 tickets which will be used when the SO comes out. It was far easier to get three villas from the summer event than 18 asylum upgrades. Never again.

It would help if you studied an event and look at the chances presented. You might learn that it is obvious it was easier to get three villas.

-Chen-

Just took a pass through the light bulb bar looking to get one Sentinel, mostly just to fill in the one spot left where I have all of those type of things placed, and have come to the conclusion (albeit early) that it isn't even worth going for the daily specials in this event. Go for the HOH upgrades, and/or whatever other prizes might appeal to you, and keep the mindset that you're going to get very few, if any of the daily specials.

Beyond that I'll just save most of what I get for the last shot at getting a fully leveled Asylum, and forget about going for two. It's a shame too, I pretty much really like every other element of the event, they just decided to make the best item a blatant money grab. I have no problem whatsoever spending money for things that I think are worth it, but you can bet that I won't continue to throw money at something that clearly isn't.

In general how many tickets does it take to finish one round of grand prize (20 bulbs)? Just want to make sure I am within range. I bought 3 times 395 tickets and now have 42 candles, 20 torch and 20 lanterns remaining and just finished 1 round.

Based on some back of the envelope calculations it seems like it take around 400 tickets to finish one round.

Are there any tips to maximize this (reduce # of tickets)?

Last edited: