• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2020 Feedback

-Chen-

In general how many tickets does it take to finish one round of grand prize (20 bulbs)? Just want to make sure I am within range. I bought 3 times 395 tickets and now have 42 candles, 20 torch and 20 lanterns remaining and just finished 1 round.

Based on some back of the envelope calculations it seems like it take around 400 tickets to finish one round.

Are there any tips to maximize this (reduce # of tickets)?
I find number crunching to be a tedious way to spend my time, so I'll leave that to those who actually enjoy it, but I can tell you from all my trips through the light bulb bar when I was going for the Asylum that the light bulbs are plentiful. It seems that no matter what direction or strategy you choose, you come across a LOT of them. I already have one Wolf, and am just two levels away from another one. Unfortunately, even though it is a nice building that's worth having, it isn't nearly as good of a building as the Asylum. I would have been more than happy with just one, but I'll plant the second when I get the last two upgrades, and see how things go from there.

Savvy187

Just took a pass through the light bulb bar looking to get one Sentinel, mostly just to fill in the one spot left where I have all of those type of things placed, and have come to the conclusion (albeit early) that it isn't even worth going for the daily specials in this event. Go for the HOH upgrades, and/or whatever other prizes might appeal to you, and keep the mindset that you're going to get very few, if any of the daily specials.

Beyond that I'll just save most of what I get for the last shot at getting a fully leveled Asylum, and forget about going for two. It's a shame too, I pretty much really like every other element of the event, they just decided to make the best item a blatant money grab. I have no problem whatsoever spending money for things that I think are worth it, but you can bet that I won't continue to throw money at something that clearly isn't.
Blatant money grab is right, 0 daily specials out of 29 pumpkins going for the AA. At that rate I could spend as much as I like and never get a single upgrade, lol. Not sure if others would spend after that experience, but I sure won't be.

Wildelk68

I am sorry this event is just more of the same repetitive quests over and over, with the same lousy rewards! The only difference is some new event building to entice people to spent more money! This game has become too busy with everything except the original concept! Too bad it used to be an interesting and somewhat challenging game. I avoid these events like a plague unless they happen to parallel normal game activity! Much too predictable and too boring!

Unfortunately, even though it is a nice building that's worth having, it isn't nearly as good of a building as the Asylum.

Thanks for the info. I didnt play the 2019 event so dont think it was worth to go for last years building as i am unlikely to get all the levels so just focusing on some sentinal type stuff and the event building.

Raven Prophecy

OK, I get you won't get something every time, but over 6,000 tickets to get 3 sentinel posts. Last time I spend a dime on an event!!

Plain Red Justice

One common mistake that people do besides exploring everything is to go ahead and grab both the lightbulbs and the pumpkins when they're not even a P2W player or a regular P2W player. Then they go ahead and complain everywhere that the event is RNG when it only becomes that RNG if you RNG your playstyle as well

If your objective is to maximize daily specials, ignore the lightbulbs. If your objective is to maximize lightbulbs for the epic Wolf house, ignore the pumpkins. That's it.

-Chen-

One common mistake that people do besides exploring everything is to go ahead and grab both the lightbulbs and the pumpkins when they're not even a P2W player or a regular P2W player. Then they go ahead and complain everywhere that the event is RNG when it only becomes that RNG if you RNG your playstyle as well

If your objective is to maximize daily specials, ignore the lightbulbs. If your objective is to maximize lightbulbs for the epic Wolf house, ignore the pumpkins. That's it.

With all due respect, that's not a hard strategy to figure out, I saw in my first pass through the bar that you couldn't swing a dead cat (pun intended) without hitting several light bulbs, no need to alter your course or double back and waste tools grabbing them, especially if you were going for the daily special. The bottom line is that 2 asylum kits with 50+ pumpkins is what it is, and there's just no way to spin that.

It all boils down to the fact that the odds of getting the daily specials were made much worse in this event than in the others, the question is why, and it's a fair gripe for people to have IMO.

As I've said before though, the other elements are great thus far, love the side quests with the toys, all my efforts to get Asylum kits landed me eight medals quests (which I had my eye out for.) I'll take 48,000 medals anytime, and the Wolf house is a nice building.

Agent327

It all boils down to the fact that the odds of getting the daily specials were made much worse in this event than in the others, the question is why, and it's a fair gripe for people to have IMO.

The odds are the exact same as the previous Halloween event and two Archeology events. They are the odds that come with this type of event. Nothing has been made worse.

Farfle the smelly

Just took a pass through the light bulb bar looking to get one Sentinel, mostly just to fill in the one spot left where I have all of those type of things placed, and have come to the conclusion (albeit early) that it isn't even worth going for the daily specials in this event. Go for the HOH upgrades, and/or whatever other prizes might appeal to you, and keep the mindset that you're going to get very few, if any of the daily specials.

Beyond that I'll just save most of what I get for the last shot at getting a fully leveled Asylum, and forget about going for two. It's a shame too, I pretty much really like every other element of the event, they just decided to make the best item a blatant money grab. I have no problem whatsoever spending money for things that I think are worth it, but you can bet that I won't continue to throw money at something that clearly isn't.
Will there BE a second shot for finishing the AA in this event? I’m a little nervous about that. I can’t recall if Beta brought it back later.

Any testers out there want to confirm?

Halloween Event, "Mysterious Fog" Quest. The current one that I have requires in addition to a cultural building, to "Buy 5 Forge Points" .
Is there another way in the game to buy FP other that with Diamonds or real world money?
You can use your game coins (the gold color ones) to buy FP (forge points) - the link is the little + sign at the top of the screen where you see your FP count. Click on it and you can buy as many FP's as you want - but each on costs more than the last one...FOREVER!

Lankybrit

I love this event too. It seems like it's going to be the easiest to get the event building upgraded. On the world where I've bought 395 packages and played the event and am now caught up to the Daily quests, I have a level 6 HoH, with still two upgrades to come from the quests!!