• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2022 Feedback

Nicholas002

good event. In my Dilmun tiny-town, I got 3 full toy collections, completed the calendar, and over 20 daily specials including 2 wolf houses. I nearly went broke on coins completing the toy questlines, as it is a new city, and very small.

xivarmy

I would like to present a tale of two cities (and a 3rd more normal one):

The best of times: On carthage this event my luck has been *insane* - I have finished 7 toy sets, and am up to 10 of the monkey - just betty lou holding me back. I won 17 dauntless towers before I'd gone and gotten all the extra tools from the toy sets. Unfortunately that's all I had any interest in other than the grand prize and that was for one day's testing (which i'm glad for). Since then I haven't tracked what I've won for specials. If I'd worked the calendar I'd be sorely tempted to spend some diamonds to finish a second caravan - but instead I just have a bunch of wildcard pieces.

The worst of times: On dilmun I was eagerly looking forward to a halloween event finally having better special chances - along with just generally new stuff for an assorted city. I never did finish a full toy set (missing betty lou again) - but got a lot of the toys I was looking for and did go broke on coins multiple times completing them for goods ;) My goal was a completed asylum and a few stage of ages. I wound up with a few stage of ages and an asylum stuck at level 7 including the one from the prize track (I didn't expect it to come back as a special late because of the experience on beta so I didn't save currency to finish it when it did - with a few days left I went after reno kits as they were at least something useful - and think i got a couple). So I'll have to wait for the antique dealer to save me.

Curious as to which experience was more normal, a 3rd city for comparison: I also only really cared about finishing the caravan there, but had been procrastinating all event (didn't even spend a ticket til today). It did win at least 1 of each toy though I won't actually be bothering with them (and 3 of the monkey - once more betty lou was the one I was short on for multiple sets - but nowhere near the set after set after set that I won on carthage. It won ~12 specials (about 3-4 more than dilmun in total and it would've been some hundreds of tickets behind in currency to spend because it didn't run any of the toys) leading me to believe that these cities were indeed outliers. Dilmun's kinda been cursed since it opened for me!.

LoveNkind

Anybody able to share a screenshot of their calendar so I can see what the stickers were on the day I used jokers? I enjoy the images! My favorite so far is the eyeball in the jar.

1z9x8DX.jpg

Attachments

• 2022 Halloween Calendar.png
    2022 Halloween Calendar.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 3

Dursland

Very nice, no jokers. I ended up using 4 jokers on the last 5 days so was wanting to see those images. Thank you!

Dursland

Ended up buying 16 candles (lol) with my remaining tickets and won 2 more specials! Looking forward to next event.

Cyrus the Adequate

I liked it.

Having the House of Horrors as the Daily Special on the last day was a nice surprise that really paid off for anyone who held back tickets for the end. I ended up getting a House of the Wolf - nice!

The Tarot Card Caravan is a solid event building as well, so all in all, I would call this a good event.

Just An Observer

3 Tarot Caravans were picked up and placed so there will be a Finish All Supply rush item coming in every 5 days. This event building is the only steady source for them in the game and it is important for players who take seasonal events seriously to have a decent stock of them to help knock out the opening quests ASAP. A pair of House of the Wolf buildings also came along with a ton of other prizes. Needing only one fragment for a fully leveled Abandoned Asylum to give me two of those was taken care of. A ton of Portraits showed up and were scored. All the Dolls were picked up in multiples and played for their rewards. The day RENO's showed up was very active with about 50 going into the inventory.

If a person spent heavily on Diamonds, the Halloween event paid off quite well. Now to see if the Winter event does as good...

Dursland

Since the attack boost is fixed, I'm finding the best use of Tarot Card Caravans is to leave it 2 eras behind so it produces the lowest era goods (3 eras behind) you'll need for tech. I'm often low on those as I stopped producing them 2 eras ago and had used them up on tech/GE.

Johnny B. Goode

Since the attack boost is fixed, I'm finding the best use of Tarot Card Caravans is to leave it 2 eras behind so it produces the lowest era goods (3 eras behind) you'll need for tech. I'm often low on those as I stopped producing them 2 eras ago and had used them up on tech/GE.
Makes sense up through PE, but from ME on up it seems to me that having one goods producing GB and having the Tarot Card Caravan in your current era would be a better plan. The GB would produce the lowest era goods that you still need, and the TCC would produce previous era goods that you might run short on.

Ebeondi Asi

Make enough before you move up. ?? Trade for them. As alternatives.
One can plan ahead or play catch up later. both are viable ways to play FoE