• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event broke?

Ebeondi Asi

the comment 'provided no data' however doing enough play to find 60 pumpkins and zero rewards is data. Plus I have played enough Events to have some experience with ups and downs of random chance. that is why I played it out for so long. to see is this chance? or is this something wrong. My conclusion is the Event rewards were broken or deliberately reduced. Since I follow my own experience and not the gaslighting sort, I concluded the Event is currently not worth playing.

wolfhoundtoo

the comment 'provided no data' however doing enough play to find 60 pumpkins and zero rewards is data. Plus I have played enough Events to have some experience with ups and downs of random chance. that is why I played it out for so long. to see is this chance? or is this something wrong. My conclusion is the Event rewards were broken or deliberately reduced. Since I follow my own experience and not the gaslighting sort, I concluded the Event is currently not worth playing.
And you are quite free to do so. Not worth playing is not the same as it being broke. And yes I saw the comment about 60 pumpkins but that is NOT data giving the actual rewards that were possible and the actual rewards earned. You essentially said I played a lot but didn't like what I got. That's ALL your post actually says as it doesn't give any way to determine if you were actually unlucky.

You also just proved my point with your reply. It's broken because you say it is because you didn't get what you want. The problem lies with your expectations. That is what is broken here. You are correct though that if you don't feel it is worth it don't play it. I happen to agree with you there but the difference between me and you is I did my analysis before spending my diamonds.

Aupperle

I think what makes this event frustrating is the randomness on top of randomness. You have to know how to effectively use candles, flashlights, and lanterns to clear the pathway and hope you picked the right pathway. After that you have randomness of pumpkins giving daily prize. I feel your frustration because day 1 on my trial city that I dont care about i got 9 abandoned assylums and on my main city today I got just 1 Sentinel outpost after having saved all my tickets for today. I'll save my diamonds for future events that aren't as RNG

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
I forgot what the term is, but in some games, if you have, say a 50% chance to get something, and you don't get it twice in a row it'll force give you a prize the next time because 'probability.' Like people have said, FoE is not like that, and so it can be streaky at times. But in the end, it will even out to the right percentage.
That sounds similar to what a random sequence does (randomise from a list, remove outcomes as you get them). Whereas FoE uses random chance (prior results don’t change future odds)

If it’s a random sequence then that involves probability, if it’s not using a sequence and is just rigging the result after a set amount of tries then I wouldn’t necessarily call it probability. It’s just guaranteeing a set result

Last edited:

Rhyyss

Are there ways to get more than 1 House of Horrors? Right now I have one upgraded all the way and more upgraded kits.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are less pumpkins showing up this year than previously or in the Archeology event? That alone would make for less daily special rewards, which could be what is fueling these posts.

I have actually been very lucky, 700 tickets spent and 5 AA kits. I have been noticing slightly less pumpkins, but I am not sure since the archaeology event was my first event and I don't remember it to well.