• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event broke?

wolfhoundtoo

the comment 'provided no data' however doing enough play to find 60 pumpkins and zero rewards is data. Plus I have played enough Events to have some experience with ups and downs of random chance. that is why I played it out for so long. to see is this chance? or is this something wrong. My conclusion is the Event rewards were broken or deliberately reduced. Since I follow my own experience and not the gaslighting sort, I concluded the Event is currently not worth playing.

And you are quite free to do so. Not worth playing is not the same as it being broke. And yes I saw the comment about 60 pumpkins but that is NOT data giving the actual rewards that were possible and the actual rewards earned. You essentially said I played a lot but didn't like what I got. That's ALL your post actually says as it doesn't give any way to determine if you were actually unlucky.

You also just proved my point with your reply. It's broken because you say it is because you didn't get what you want. The problem lies with your expectations. That is what is broken here. You are correct though that if you don't feel it is worth it don't play it. I happen to agree with you there but the difference between me and you is I did my analysis before spending my diamonds.

Debaser

I think what makes this event frustrating is the randomness on top of randomness. You have to know how to effectively use candles, flashlights, and lanterns to clear the pathway and hope you picked the right pathway. After that you have randomness of pumpkins giving daily prize. I feel your frustration because day 1 on my trial city that I dont care about i got 9 abandoned assylums and on my main city today I got just 1 Sentinel outpost after having saved all my tickets for today. I'll save my diamonds for future events that aren't as RNG

Emberguard

I forgot what the term is, but in some games, if you have, say a 50% chance to get something, and you don't get it twice in a row it'll force give you a prize the next time because 'probability.' Like people have said, FoE is not like that, and so it can be streaky at times. But in the end, it will even out to the right percentage.
That sounds similar to what a random sequence does (randomise from a list, remove outcomes as you get them). Whereas FoE uses random chance (prior results don’t change future odds)

If it’s a random sequence then that involves probability, if it’s not using a sequence and is just rigging the result after a set amount of tries then I wouldn’t necessarily call it probability. It’s just guaranteeing a set result

Last edited:

Rhyyss

Are there ways to get more than 1 House of Horrors? Right now I have one upgraded all the way and more upgraded kits.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are less pumpkins showing up this year than previously or in the Archeology event? That alone would make for less daily special rewards, which could be what is fueling these posts.

CommanderCool1234

I have actually been very lucky, 700 tickets spent and 5 AA kits. I have been noticing slightly less pumpkins, but I am not sure since the archaeology event was my first event and I don't remember it to well.

Savvy187

I am just super unlucky I guess. In GBG I have a 4% chance to get attrition, and I get attrition 30-50% of the time. In the event I have a 5-10% chance to get the daily special, and I get 3 out of 200+ attempts.. 8% chance to get Fp from visiting friends tavern, I get at least 3 a day out of maybe 20-30 visits, yet am 3 for 200+ attempts at getting a daily special from this event at supposedly 5-10% chance. Almost unbelievable bad luck haha.

I spent 6k diamonds (maybe 7k) and had 8 kits. That last kit didn't want to come. I still had 4k diamonds but was a bit sick over how low the drop rate was and was about to call it a night and reconsider how badly I wanted it when I got the 9th on the very last pumpkin. I was still sick about the diamonds spent but getting all 9 pieces did a little to make me feel less sick.

wolfhoundtoo

You have to understand that this event (unlike many others) doesn't really let you see what you are going for when you are unlocking the squares. Accordingly you can't target the items you really want all that well (other than the daily prize but even you can't really see how many pumpkins you'll find without spending a fair bit game tools you need to play the game). I

UP ONLINE

I've gone through all of the quests up to this point and have spent 13k diamonds. I only have 5 Abandoned Asylum kits. Something here is seriously wrong.
the comment 'provided no data' however doing enough play to find 60 pumpkins and zero rewards is data. Plus I have played enough Events to have some experience with ups and downs of random chance. that is why I played it out for so long. to see is this chance? or is this something wrong. My conclusion is the Event rewards were broken or deliberately reduced. Since I follow my own experience and not the gaslighting sort, I concluded the Event is currently not worth playing.
My game play worked just fine got 1.6 of the event items and lots of other stuff LMAO got lots of time on my hands to get my event items maxed out on every event i played so far

67Sage101

I've spent way too many diamonds that I have accumulated over 4 years of playing, to see it all go to waste. I'm pretty much done with this.

It's interesting for me a new player to see posts like this. 4 years of playing and you notice a change that does not make you happy. Most every response is some kind of rebuttal to your complaint. I did all quests with no diamonds. I got to the end with a House of the Demon and one level upgrade I can't use. I didn't get any assylums or other neat stuff along the way except maybe one wishing well. I did not get all the dolls even though I did do all the quests. I didn't track how many goods I blew or coins....or troops..etc. I did get the 50FP reward...but I kinda gave up after that. Never got one of the "good" pumpkins. For a new player I guess I don't know what I was missing.

Savvy187

It's not broken. If you got everything you wanted you probably think the event is good, and, if you got nothing you wanted you probably think the event is broken or just not very good. I think it's working as intended and that what was intended is awful, lol.

Mr. Pottah

There isn't because that's just how RNG works. Just spend more then you'd be getting a lot whether you like it or not
LOL!! No Arm Bandit, this game. Yea, spend more, then getting alot of RNG whether you like it or not... so then, just don't spend, esp on events, that are anully recurring.

It was a terrible event for the daily specials indeed.

Got bored at the end, about 4 days out and didn’t even bother finishing the event.

CommanderCool1234

It was a terrible event for the daily specials indeed.

Got bored at the end, about 4 days out and didn’t even bother finishing the event.

I acualy got 1 full abandoned asylum and 4 extra upgrades withought spending any diamonds. I also targeted other stuff so I only spent 1,500 to 2,000
on the day that the abandoned asylum was the daily special.

Abandoned Asylum was a Halloween event release from last year. It's much harder to earn the previous event buildings than the current one.

Don't try to chance the randomness during a short period of time, that can result in bad luck during the peak hours.
Are you suggesting the Rewards are affected by the number of Player's Playing at a given time? If so, that would be a problem and a form of rigging the Game, IMO.