• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

matr

Horrible odds at the daily special this time. 8000 diamonds spent on tickets and all pumpkins checked , many lightbulbs ignored and not one daily special out of 40-50 pumpkins , not impressed at all Inno.
Agreed, tried all day to get a reno kit, I must have cleared 50 or more pumpkins and nothing. Spent 5 packs plus packs I got from quests probably 2 or 3 more. There is something wrong with the reward percentage. Even at 5% one should expect to hit a daily every 20 pumpkins, at 10% it is every 10 pumpkins. I understand statistically I could go 50 without a prize but having it happen twice is weird. The other 2 days I didn't try for a daily and didn't win any either. I'm on quest 32 or 33 where it says come back in xx hours, not much chance to get more tickets from the quests other than to work the toys (bears?) I hit. Same thing happened on day 1 for the Abandoned Asylum, I got one daily on the 3rd pumpkin then it took all of the $150 diamond event currency plus buy 3 more packs to get 2 more.
The main event prize building is one of the worst I've seen and I don't care about getting it. I was hoping the daily specials could make up for it. The list of daily specials is good, there is just a much lower chance to win them than the percentage probabilities listed. I'm done spending money on this event.

The Lady Redneck

I will plod on with it I suppose. Simply because it is there and it is costing me nothing but the little amount of time it takes. Whatever I get will either be useful or not. Could not care one way or the other about this one. In fact that is how I feel about most of the Events. They are either old hat and boring. Or such a total waste of time. They certainly do not add any appeal to the game in any way whatsoever now.

Ebeondi Asi

100 pumpkins not one single Daily reward. that is criminal robbery. Period. I switched the Daily and got Abandoned Asylum as the substitute Daily. So I had a reason to try hard to get them I only need two, Out of a hundred pumpkins I should have gotten at least five. The event is total rip off material. This is proof IMO.
Thank you Inno for making it so obvious you're cheating players

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

100 pumpkins not one single Daily reward. that is criminal robbery. Period. I switched the Daily and got Abandoned Asylum as the substitute Daily. So I had a reason to try hard to get them I only need two, Out of a hundred pumpkins I should have gotten at least five. The event is total rip off material. This is proof IMO.

You are not alone . 88 pumpkins and 1 daily special for me. Why publish the odds when they are fiction ?

matr

You are not alone . 88 pumpkins and 1 daily special for me. Why publish the odds when they are fiction ?
Maybe there is a programming issue with the pumpkin prize reward. Many more people complaining about not getting daily specials than I've seen in the past. This is not something that is easy for a player to prove so I see little point in turning in a service ticket. Game developers need to run a test and see if the prize payout is working correctly and giving prizes based on the advertised percentages IMO. At this point I won't pay to play the event anymore until they give me some sort of assurance that the payout works.

Johnny B. Goode

As rebuttal, I offer the fact that I got 3 Daily Specials out of around 20 pumpkins. Luck of the draw.

matr

Counted pumpkins and percentages today. opened: 17- 5%, 3-6%, 8-7%, 3-8%, 11-10%. A total of 42 before I got 1 daily special - store building - yippee skippy. Not even a prize I want, just wanted to see if the win percent was as bad as I expected. Keep in mind yesterday, I never did win a daily even though I opened at least 50 pumpkins. Saying it is a fact doesn't make it so, my reality is what I experience and so far the payouts for daily prizes are way less than the advertised percentages. Expected return for 42 pumpkins at the percentages listed is 2.94, I got 1.

Pericles the Lion

Hit % for the DS is terrible. Clearing the calendar is nearly impossible without spending diamonds and the reward doesn't justify a diamond spend. Psycho Pete is MIA. Getting lots of lightbulbs but the event building is underpowered for the space it consumes. I'm not playing the game in my 4 IA towns and only half-heartedly in my main city. Will spend no diamonds on this event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Maybe there is a programming issue with the pumpkin prize reward. Many more people complaining about not getting daily specials than I've seen in the past. This is not something that is easy for a player to prove so I see little point in turning in a service ticket. Game developers need to run a test and see if the prize payout is working correctly and giving prizes based on the advertised percentages IMO. At this point I won't pay to play the event anymore until they give me some sort of assurance that the payout works.

It isn't a problem in the programming. It is a problem in player expectation. Highest chance on the DS is 10%. In the Soccer Cup it is 15% In the Spring Event it is 13%. In the Forge Bowl it is 12%. Halloween has same as the Archeology Event the lowest percentage. More people complaining than you have seen in the past is not correct. Halloween Event always has more people complaining than other Events.

Pericles the Lion

It isn't a problem in the programming. It is a problem in player expectation. Highest chance on the DS is 10%. In the Soccer Cup it is 15% In the Spring Event it is 13%. In the Forge Bowl it is 12%. Halloween has same as the Archeology Event the lowest percentage. More people complaining than you have seen in the past is not correct. Halloween Event always has more people complaining than other Events.
You can't be sure about the programming. Sure, the percentage chances for the pumpkins are the same as those for the vases BUT the percentage chance is only part of the equation. The other part is the spawn rate of pumpkins and the mix of charmed/traditional/rotten pumpkins. My strategy for the Archeology Event was to win the Ferris Wheel, the DSs were a secondary priority and I only played the minigame when Carousels were available. By this time in the Archeology Event I had won 4 carousels. I'm current on DQs with the Halloween Event, spent all the event currency, and only have 2 HOH upgrades. Separately, I spent something like 15K diamonds at the end of the Arch Event to get another Ferris Wheel and collected 5 more carousels. The Horror Circus is weak so I won't be spending any diamonds.

RazorbackPirate

You can't be sure about the programming.
Yes, we can.

While FoE has had a number of glitches over the years, one thing they've never had an issue with are the RNGs. That doesn't stop folks from insisting every bad streak is due to it. Continued insistence doesn't make it true.

The rest is all blah, blah, blah, trying to justify your faulty premise.

Thanks for spending diamonds.

Lord Pest

Anybody else having trouble getting the last toy? I have used 2500 tickets and still no psychopomp pete toy.

i don’t spend diamonds on the event but I’m missing just psychopomp Pete and Annebelle. Maybe a better question to ask has anyone here found psychopomp Pete?

Ebeondi Asi

Wanted to report tody in a different World than the other Abandined Asylum problem,I again hit as an alternate the Abandoned Asylum. This time I picked up four of the upgrades (( yes i spent Diamonds)) (to complete a full upgrade AA) in a very reasonable time. So instead of just leaving the negative comment above, I was able to get more of the hard to get upgrades than has been usual. Whether this is a squeaky wheel gets the grease, or just random I cannot say. Aside from sticking to the earlier comment that up to then it was extremely difficult to get. I can only hope that everyone will be able to get some of the upgrades and bits they seek in the Daily specials in this Event.

Zatrikon

Well, so far it seems the drop rate for light bulbs and the daily stickers for the calendar is reasonable.

Still not so sure about the toys.