• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

RazorbackPirate

Do you have any credible evidence to support this statement or is it merely your opinion?
Yes. My credible evidence is the LACK of credible evidence to the contrary. EVER.

NEVER has anyone ever been able to back their claim. Like you. Like always.

NEVER has there ever been ANY instance of the RNG not working as advertised.

EVERY time the RNG has been measured and tracked, it has ALWAYS performed according to the published stats.

If that canard of an argument makes you feel special, then fine. You're special.

Pericles the Lion

Yes. My credible evidence is the LACK of credible evidence to the contrary. EVER.

NEVER has anyone ever been able to back their claim. Like you. Like always.

NEVER has there ever been ANY instance of the RNG not working as advertised.

EVERY time the RNG has been measured and tracked, it has ALWAYS performed according to the published stats.

If that canard of an argument makes you feel special, then fine. You're special.
In fewer words you are simply stating your opinion. Whenever another player states facts not in evidence you ALWAYS ask for proof. Stop being a hypocrite.

Pericles the Lion

100% perfect track record, but now we believe it cause you two say so?
Another ungrounded assertion. I didn't say that there was a problem with the RNG. However, just because you haven't seen proof that there has been a problem doesn't mean that there hasn't been one. Anyway, there does not need to be a problem with the RNG for the outcome to be altered. I have only seen published stats on the reward rate for the pumpkins, or vases, or whatever token awards daily specials. Nowhere have I seen published stats on the drop rate of these tokens. Sure, a "charmed pumpkin" has a 10% chance of awarding a DS. Show me where INNO states how often a charmed pumpkin will appear, or any pumpkin for that matter. If INNO wants to change the hit rate for DSs all they need to do is change the algorithm that determines the spawn rate of the tokens. The data would still show that a charmed pumpkin provides a DS 10% of the time but the number of DSs would rise, or fall, depending on any change in the algorithm.

Yugi the 7empest

100% perfect track record, but now we believe it cause you two say so?
As much as I enjoy jousting with RP on silly things like facts, he is right. There is literally no way to test the accuracy of the RNG since it is theoretically based on an infinite trial sample. Of course, there is no way to prove it the contrary either for the same reason. As such, it's a pointless argument. And let's be real here, noone would be up in arms over the RNG if daily specials were dropping like flies. I guess we suck it up and level our TA 46 more times.

Pericles the Lion

As much as I enjoy jousting with RP on silly things like facts, he is right. There is literally no way to test the accuracy of the RNG since it is theoretically based on an infinite trial sample. Of course, there is no way to prove it the contrary either for the same reason. As such, it's a pointless argument. And let's be real here, noone would be up in arms over the RNG if daily specials were dropping like flies. I guess we suck it up and level our TA 46 more times.
No one on this thread has questioned the accuracy of the RNG. I believe that what can be debated is the algorithm used to determine drop rates. A random number is included in a formula to ensure the randomness of the outcome. By way of illustration, Maryland uses what amounts to an analog RNG when choosing lottery numbers (clear plastic box with ping pong balls numbered 0 to 59). For the sake of conversation, let's say that INNO uses a similar, primitive, device. Also, let's say that INNO's pumpkin drop rate goal is 50%. The coding needs to require that the random number be evenly divisiuble by 2 (30 possibilities out of 60). Later, if INNO decides to change the drop rate from 50% to 33.3%, they only need to change the formula to require that the random number be evenly divisible by 3 (20 possibilities out of 60). The RNG, the box of ping pong balls, remains the same yet the deliverable has changed from 50% to 33.3%. I believe that would be naive to say that INNO does not tweak the algorithms so as to better deliver their strategy. I'm not saying that they do, just that then can.

Last edited:

RHAIA10

Anybody else having trouble getting the last toy? I have used 2500 tickets and still no psychopomp pete toy.
I posted that on Tuesday. It is Saturday and still no Pete. I have the complete upgraded circus set and completed quest #39. This isn't right.

My current stats:
Kevin- 5 times completed,
Sir Hugs- 12x,
Steve- 7x,
Tickles- 12x,
Betty Lou 4x,
Annabelle 1x (1 in process),
Trixiebelle-2x
Pete-0

Last edited:

matr

Jeezs, I got 2 monkeys and 3 annebelle already but only 4 daily specials, took 35 pumpkins the last round, never could win AA, when the prize switched to SOK today I won instantly on the second pumpkin. I know it proves nothing and neither does saying Inno never had a problem. Saying there has never been a problem doesn't prove there isn't a problem now. That's faulty logic. Nothing happens until it does. Not sure why the thread chiefs feel it is their duty to tell all us noobs we are full of it. If this is a feedback thread wouldn't you want to try and encourage comments and not try to squash them. Screaming your wrong is rather rude and insulting. Its hardly worth commenting to get told your premise is wrong. It wasn't a premise it was a question that has gone unanswered.
Inno provides no transparency for any of the game probabilities. I don't believe for a second they aren't manipulated for profit.

RazorbackPirate

Jeezs, I got 2 monkeys and 3 annebelle already but only 4 daily specials, took 35 pumpkins the last round, never could win AA, when the prize switched to SOK today I won instantly on the second pumpkin. I know it proves nothing and neither does saying Inno never had a problem. Saying there has never been a problem doesn't prove there isn't a problem now. That's faulty logic. Nothing happens until it does. Not sure why the thread chiefs feel it is their duty to tell all us noobs we are full of it. If this is a feedback thread wouldn't you want to try and encourage comments and not try to squash them. Screaming your wrong is rather rude and insulting. Its hardly worth commenting to get told your premise is wrong. It wasn't a premise it was a question that has gone unanswered.
Inno provides no transparency for any of the game probabilities. I don't believe for a second they aren't manipulated for profit.
The only thing I see wrong here are your expectations.

You're also the last in a long, long, line of new players who show up, accuse Inno of fudging the numbers then provide no proof. Measure and document then come with something other than a premise. Every time someone has done so, they have shown payouts at the stated rate. Each pumpkin shows you the probability of what might receive, and pays according to that. Fully transparent. Your faulty logic is you have no logic. No numbers to base a logical premise on. Nothing. Inno could come back today and state that they've thoroughly retested it and it's all working fine and you'd likely call them liars.

Ask @Pericles the Lion how his last event foray worked out. He got a direct response from Inno, something almost never done, confirming what all the other players were telling him before Inno responded. Then he flat out denied what Inno said was the truth. There is no satisfying folks like you.

I'm all for comments, but you are 100% factually wrong until you prove otherwise. Want to make the claim? Do the work to prove it. Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to do it. After all, nothing happens until it does, right?

The question has been answered. The RNG works fine. Inno could come by and tell you the same thing and just like @Pericles the Lion did, you'd spend the next 10 pages telling us how we're wrong and Inno is lying.

Every business manipulates for profit. I also hear water is wet. Welcome to Earth. Now how do you explain that Inno balances every event so 100% free players like me can always get a full main prize? Or the 15k+ diamonds in my stash having never spent a dime with Inno?

Nice premise. Where's your numbers? Make the claim, make the case. Otherwise, get outa here with that.

Regarding the toys, don't expect to get them all. Since Inno has introduced this type sidebar to this event mechanism, I have never completed a full set. I've always gotten the main prize but never a full collection, always one missing. Events are balanced to give one full main prize for free. They are not designed to rain Daily Specials from the sky and the Halloween event has the lowest payout of them all.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

For two years of taking part in this event, it is clear to me that the awarding of some prizes (The AA and House) are being manipulated. The players who claim it is not may be more lucky than the rest of use who can see that certain Daily prizes are restricted. No problem. I go with what I see and experience. And all the gaslighting in the World will not change it.

Ericness

I usually love the Halloween event, but this year I find it to be...OK. I really enjoy the mini-game but I'm just not that interested in sets at the moment so I have no interest in the main prize. Since I have had terrible "luck" getting all the dolls every time through this event I've resigned myself to playing for the sticker collection prize. It's a modest boost for my main city but a potentially huge bump on my new one. The drawback here is that this approach limits my engagement with a game I usually spent diamonds to keep playing. Just not what I need for my play style right now.

Also, I LOVE Halloween, but having this event run into mid-November feels like bad timing. I'd much rather see this run through October as a countdown of sorts to the big day and have it end on either 11/2 or 11/3 with big specials on Halloween and Day of the Dead.

Otherwise game mechanics, drop rates, prizes, etc are as expected from past years. They're pretty much known quantities at this point so experienced players shouldn't have any surprises there.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I'm all for comments, but you are 100% factually wrong until you prove otherwise.

There have been no facts presented which means that no one is "100% factually wrong" just as no one is 100% factually correct. It's all been conjecture.

The question has been answered. The RNG works fine.

You have presented no facts to support this claim. This is just more conjecture. Maybe the RNG works, maybe there have been problems, INNO isn't talking so nobody knows for sure. Not you, not me, not anyone outside of INNO. Your opinion is no more, and no less, valid than anyone else's.

Xenosaur

i don’t spend diamonds on the event but I’m missing just psychopomp Pete and Annebelle. Maybe a better question to ask has anyone here found psychopomp Pete?

Yes, I got Pete. Been focusing on Bette Lou, my nemesis and the last 1 I need. Doubles, triples and quaruples are all in evidence for the others, but it's BOOHOO, Bette Lou, no can do.

Just think of the GB blueprint acquisition design, and you'll feel right at home with the "last toy" dearth.

Graviton

You have presented no facts to support this claim. This is just more conjecture. Maybe the RNG works, maybe there have been problems, INNO isn't talking so nobody knows for sure. Not you, not me, not anyone outside of INNO. Your opinion is no more, and no less, valid than anyone else's.

Except that every time a player has actually tracked numbers, no subterfuge has been detected. Every time. Anybody can blindly insist that "this time, it's screwy because it just feels that way" and claim that nobody has proven anything. We can count on at least one player doing it every event, no matter what. It's just funny at this point.

Pericles the Lion

Numbers for pumpkins/DS ratio for me so far 177/7 or 4%.

I completed all of the rush quests on day 1, spent all of my tickets. found 42 pumpkins and collected 2 HoH upgrades. 4.8%

Except that every time a player has actually tracked numbers, no subterfuge has been detected. Every time. Anybody can blindly insist that "this time, it's screwy because it just feels that way" and claim that nobody has proven anything. We can count on at least one player doing it every event, no matter what. It's just funny at this point.

If you read @Sharmon the Impaler's post you can see that your claim of "every time" is not accurate.

The lowest win percentage on the pumpkins is 5%, the highest is 10%. AFAIK, INNO has not published the pumpkin mix so it is not possible to calculate the weighted average percentage but it has to be somewhere in between 5% and 10%. @Sharmon the Impaler and I have tracked numbers and neither of us have reached 5%. Granted, it is a rather small sample size but, considering that any single player can only have a small number of observations (unless they play on a number of worlds) the only way to determine if the DS % is as INNO says is if a group of players combine their results. So, @Graviton, assuming that you are tracking your results, please share them.