• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Joeyjojojo

I actually like sets, but probably going to pass on this one. It seems like someone swapped the bonuses for the Wheel of Death and Mystical Organ (or the sizes) because from what I can figure there's a nice setup that these can fit into but WoD gets one extra contact and MO is one short of a full boost. That means the full bonus can only come with a weird shape or with extra pieces (and probably not the extra pieces you want), so that means configuring a subset to try and make this worthwhile and...nope. Even if those two were "fixed" I'm not sure the full bonus would be worth it to me, but I'd be more likely to place it.

As for the event: I like this one (and archaeology), though I suspect the toy/doll situation will not work out well for a lot of folks and the DS payout will seem lower than for other events. Assuming the resetting items thing from beta was fixed, filling out the calendar is probably fairly easy to do and worthwhile.

edit: ok, I'm a doofus, there is a way to set it up in a simple config to max all, so it's back to a "maybe" but still probably not on most worlds.

Last edited:

MaryTheBold

I actually like sets, but probably going to pass on this one. It seems like someone swapped the bonuses for the Wheel of Death and Mystical Organ (or the sizes) because from what I can figure there's a nice setup that these can fit into but WoD gets one extra contact and MO is one short of a full boost. That means the full bonus can only come with a weird shape or with extra pieces (and probably not the extra pieces you want), so that means configuring a subset to try and make this worthwhile and...nope. Even if those two were "fixed" I'm not sure the full bonus would be worth it to me, but I'd be more likely to place it.

As for the event: I like this one (and archaeology), though I suspect the toy/doll situation will not work out well for a lot of folks and the DS payout will seem lower than for other events. Assuming the resetting items thing from beta was fixed, filling out the calendar is probably fairly easy to do and worthwhile.
Interesting. Certainly have been contemplating it. Hmmm... should I stay or should I go? May at least test it.

Ebeondi Asi

The lack of Daily prize awards is leaving me no longer going to play this event. I'm not spending a nickel more. This event has always been the stingiest for awarding Daily prizes, but this year worse than ever. Too bad too. If you want the whales to bite then you have to actually offer bait dudes. bait. Offering nothing just makes people go spend money someplace else.

Plenty Tree

New to the forum so hope I'm on the right spot.
I'm enjoying the Halloween event. I got the bear quest "Hugsalot", but the actual quest shows "Red Eye" who isn't among the choices. Hugsalot shows no "start". So...I'm wondering if HugsALot was changed to Red Eye or Red Eye is missing from the bear set? Set me straight if I'm missing something.

Just An Observer

Right off the bat I got the House leveling deal. w00t! Then things dried up so I spent 3990 Diamonds for two big packages of stuff to work the room with. That got me one more House deal. Now I know the odds are long for those daily prizes. It is time to pile up the candles, flashlights and lanterns so at least a couple Sentinels come my way.

Some of the event quests are ridiculous.

In an Iron Age city still getting established I had to spend 12000 supplies, taking me to near 0. Then the next quest required me to build things. WITH WHAT?????

In another city, where my citizens are practically bursting from excess happiness, I have to find a way to ADD happiness???

Quests should encourage us to do things that will help in the long run, not derail our cities.

Likewise, the Daily Challenges which give Joker fragments are disproportionately tough for the payout.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the event buildings don't seem all that great to me.

I'm done trying to bend my cities into pretzels to fulfill the quests. I'll get what ever I get and most of that will probably end up with the Antique Dealer.

On the other hand the graphic with the FOE guy (Does he actually have a name?) holding his ticket is pretty cool.

Just An Observer

Maybe I'm missing something, but the event buildings don't seem all that great to me.

I'm done trying to bend my cities into pretzels to fulfill the quests. I'll get what ever I get and most of that will probably end up with the Antique Dealer.

On the other hand the graphic with the FOE guy (Does he actually have a name?) holding his ticket is pretty cool.
His name is The Ringmaster, if you are referring to the character who runs the show.

Ebeondi Asi

I have gotten Event tickets (Event currency) from Incidents. but I gather all incidents several times a day avey day.
I wonder if the players who are not getting them do not gather incidnets every day? Not that it shoudl matter... but it may?