• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

RazorbackPirate

Yesterday in my diamond farm city, I spent all of my tickets. I spent 4.5K tickets plus the extras earned from the Toy quests. I got 7 Wishing Well daily specials. It also appears that for the first time since the introduction of the side quests with this mechanism, I have collected all of the dolls.

I am also on track to receive the full main prize, although it will end up with the AD. As a free players, I'm pleased with my results so far.

Sharmon the Impaler

I have gotten all the dolls , 14 event kits so far and will get 17 total and will complete the calendar. Best from the event is the 200 FP , the Harlequin avatar and about 100K auction silver depending on what the kits sell for at the end of the event.

Zatrikon

Today I found 2 daily stickers without finding a single toy. Still missing one toy from each of my two worlds. One world is

6 2 7 2
2 4 1 0 toys completed

And the other is

2 6 3 3
0 1 2 1 toys completed

I hope, if and when I get the one last toy, that there will be enough time left in the event to complete it.

Yugi the 7empest

So I waited until I could speak from experience. Spent 4100 tickets on 11 kits and got 4 daily specials. I ignored everything but additional tools and pumpkins. If I had these results in beta, I would have told every friend, guildie and neighbor to not waste their time on this event as the main building is crap and the daily specials drop at laughably inaccurate rates.

RazorbackPirate

So I waited until I could speak from experience. Spent 4100 tickets on 11 kits and got 4 daily specials. I ignored everything but additional tools and pumpkins. If I had these results in beta, I would have told every friend, guildie and neighbor to not waste their time on this event as the main building is crap and the daily specials drop at laughably inaccurate rates.
Sorry to hear that. I just spent all my tickets in my main city, about 4800, and got 10 House of Horrors selection kits. I doubt I'll use them, but it's a good hit rate.

Last edited:

Yugi the 7empest

Sorry to hear that. I just spent all my tickets in my main city, about 4800, and got 10 House of Horrors selection kits.
Since my last post, I went through about 4100 in my other world account and picked up 9 HoH. So it appears to be pretty consistent across the board based on posts I've seen here. The RNG is accurate. It appears to be appx. 1 daily per 395 ticket tool kit, which is fair. But with all bell curves, you'll get some deviations to the left and right which is either great luck or crappy luck, depending on which side you fall on.

Racer-X

Whatever randomizer or contraption Inno is using to calculate the % chance of winning the DP, it's absolute garbage! Yesterday I decided to count how many pumpkins it takes for each DP. I had 250 candles and and equivalent amount of other tools saved up in each of my 4 cities.

In one city I got 2 DPs and it seemed to be working, but then I ran out of tools after a stretch of 23 pumpkins with ZERO DPs!!! So, I moved to the next city and the streak continued. It went from 23 pumpkins with no DPs up to 47 pumpkins before I got another DP!!!

That's just shameful and clear evidence that Inno's system of reward % is hot garbage. When the pumpkins say "10% chance of winning the DP" then the player should expect 1 in 10 or something at least in that ballpark. Not 1 in 47!!!

wolfhoundtoo

Not all of the pumpkins have the same chance of winning the daily prize. And that's the way random works sometimes you'll get a lot and sometimes you'll end up with a few or none.

Ebeondi Asi

This has been discussed in other threads. it is hotly debated, with many writing the percentages suck, (particularly for valuable Daily prizes) and just as many claiming all is good. There is no consensus on it. I agree with the percentages actually won of valued Daily Prizes sucks! group.

wolfhoundtoo

Oh I don't think this event's percentages are good so we're clear. Just that I don't think there's anything wrong with the random generator. The above was unlikely but not that unlikely to happen. This is one of those events that the daily prize isn't feasible to expect any kind of frequency in getting it while running the event. It is the turn over from the ticket use that you can expect to have a real idea of getting from an expected amount of effort (more or less since there is still some chance in what you find in the fog).

BSkelton

I have gotten Event tickets (Event currency) from Incidents. but I gather all incidents several times a day avey day.
I wonder if the players who are not getting them do not gather incidnets every day? Not that it shoudl matter... but it may?
I gather incidents every day and throughout the day and have only received tickets three times - that's right and only 5 tickets each time. I'm guessing the other tickets are with the toys that never populate when the fog is removed.

BSkelton

Normally I listen to other players' venting about events, but sadly I must join in this time as I find the Halloween event next to useless. From all the feedback I have seen on FB and other social media I have thought you would have focused the main prize as a single building (which seems to be the favourite from what I have read). The multiple buildings take up too much space and don't provide adequate rewards for the real estate they occupy. Having choices of the main prize at the final level (like the house of horrors) is a great idea.

The main reason for this post is two things. One, I have participated in the Halloween Event since starting and is one of my favourite events (except for this year), when you promise other portraits may be obtained I am thinking to myself - great - finally, I may be able to obtain Frankenstein. But alas - no. Instead I pick up all the female portraits (like I am ever going to use those being a man). but they are nice to be included into the inventory just the same. This year I received one portrait - again, a female one. After that - absolutely nothing. You would think getting the Frankenstein would be easy given that I have most (if not all) of the other portraits. My frustration is compounded when I see new players sporting the Frankenstein portrait (really?!)

The calendar for the daily rewards is relatively simple and straight forward, but the toys are another subject all together. I have perhaps received 11 of each of the teddy bears, yet still have yet to see the other 4 toys (dolls) and with only a few days left I doubt this side-event will ever be finished. I can see you holding one at the very end, but 4 of them - that's just stupid.

Finally, it is clear the house of horrors and Asylum are key buildings and it's a great idea to have them as a potential reward when picking the pumpkins, but at 5% chance - waste of time.

No, unfortunately this year's Halloween event is (for the first time) a big disappointment for me - your team can do so much better (as seen in other events), I can only hope the Christmas event will make up for this one

RazorbackPirate

Inno has different types of bonus mechanisms for event buildings and will continue to use them. That means sets and other building types that may not appeal to all players. That's just the way it is.

I got Frank. Sorry for your bad luck.

For the first time ever with this mechanism, I got all of the toys in one of my two cities. The other city? Not even close. Just like all the other events of this type. I'm also a free player so just like the highest leagues, I expect calendars and toys are for the diamond spenders. The rest of us? Luck of the draw.

Yet despite the percentages, in my main city, I got 10 House of Horror kits, in my diamond farm, I got 7 wishing wells. I know others have not been that lucky, the RNG can be quite variable that way.

While most everything I'll end up selling to the AD, I don't judge the success of the event by finding the prizes personally useful. I judge the success by my ability to get a fully upgraded main prize for free, along with getting a reasonable number of daily specials. This event succeeded for me on both points in both cities.

Johnny B. Goode

Whatever randomizer or contraption Inno is using to calculate the % chance of winning the DP, it's absolute garbage! Yesterday I decided to count how many pumpkins it takes for each DP. I had 250 candles and and equivalent amount of other tools saved up in each of my 4 cities.

In one city I got 2 DPs and it seemed to be working, but then I ran out of tools after a stretch of 23 pumpkins with ZERO DPs!!! So, I moved to the next city and the streak continued. It went from 23 pumpkins with no DPs up to 47 pumpkins before I got another DP!!!

That's just shameful and clear evidence that Inno's system of reward % is hot garbage. When the pumpkins say "10% chance of winning the DP" then the player should expect 1 in 10 or something at least in that ballpark. Not 1 in 47!!!
1 in 47? No. How many pumpkins did it take to get the first 2 DPs? You have to include that if you're going to be honest about the % you got. In fact, you start out by saying you had 4 cities with 250 candles and equivalent amount of other tools in each of them. Then you conveniently only mention two cities where you had bad luck. What happened in the other 2 cities? Gotta include all your data if your comment is going to be relevant.

I just used up 140 candles and about 50 or so of both the flashlight and lantern. That's about 2800 tickets worth of tools. Didn't count how many pumpkins I got, but I'm betting that with over 100 fewer candles and correspondingly fewer numbers of flashlights and lanterns, I probably got way fewer pumpkins than you. Yet I got 7 Daily Prizes. Seems I had the opposite luck to what you had. Which just goes to show that small sample size will fool you every time...if you let it.

Sharmon the Impaler

1 in 47? No. How many pumpkins did it take to get the first 2 DPs? You have to include that if you're going to be honest about the % you got. In fact, you start out by saying you had 4 cities with 250 candles and equivalent amount of other tools in each of them. Then you conveniently only mention two cities where you had bad luck. What happened in the other 2 cities? Gotta include all your data if your comment is going to be relevant.

I just used up 140 candles and about 50 or so of both the flashlight and lantern. That's about 2800 tickets worth of tools. Didn't count how many pumpkins I got, but I'm betting that with over 100 fewer candles and correspondingly fewer numbers of flashlights and lanterns, I probably got way fewer pumpkins than you. Yet I got 7 Daily Prizes. Seems I had the opposite luck to what you had. Which just goes to show that small sample size will fool you every time...if you let it.

I can't say enough about the fictitious RNG rate. I have opened 227 pumpkins this event and gotten 7 daily specials (2 Rotundas and 5 tower upgrades). That is no where near what they say it is. Other the other hand in GbG when you have 4 SCs against the sector you are hitting you can expect the rate of attrition to be about 4 increases per 100 attacks. It is never this and this morning it was 11 out of 100. A weighted RNG is not an RNG.

Ebeondi Asi

One point about winning Daily.. It is clear the desirable prizes are far and few between. Where ordinary Daily that are less desireable are easier to get. So somone say they got the RNG perentage on something like Reno kits is not the same as say they got that rate on House of horror or Abandoned Asylums.

Sharmon the Impaler

One point about winning Daily.. It is clear the desirable prizes are far and few between. Where ordinary Daily that are less desireable are easier to get. So somone say they got the RNG perentage on something like Reno kits is not the same as say they got that rate on House of horror or Abandoned Asylums.

To further expand my numbers , 162 pumpkins for the Abandoned Asylum , received kits = 0

Agent327

My feedback is about the forum's Halloween Competition. I entered the day it was announced and my entry is still awaiting moderation. I contacted the thread owner ... no response. I posted under contests about my entry being in moderation and that post was deleted - never approved.

Answers will be kept under "awaiting moderation" untill the winners are announced. Your anser is supposed to stay secret.

Sharmon the Impaler

My feedback is about the forum's Halloween Competition. I entered the day it was announced and my entry is still awaiting moderation. I contacted the thread owner ... no response. I posted under contests about my entry being in moderation and that post was deleted - never approved.

The contest was announced via the game chat and the answer is super easy so your probably going to be 1/1000 correct answers of which 5 will get the prize , don't quit your day job lol