• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Happiness overview doesn't add up

dergerch

I just noticed, that the happiness overview screen doesn't quite add up. See Screenshot:
foe_happiness.png

If I assume that "provided happiness" is correct, there should be 15,298 happiness points left, not 4,330, as stated under "additional happiness".
If I assume that "additional happiness" is correct, "provided happiness" should add up to 31,748 (27,418 matches my population, so that should be OK). Still, that way there's a difference of 10,968 points to reach the figure of "provided happiness".

Does anyone know / can anyone explain to me what's wrong there?
I wanted to restructure my city a bit, but to do that I kinda need to know, how much happiness I really need to provide...

Thanks in advance.

Ylisaveta

Provided happiness = total happiness
Demand for happiness = 100% happiness to make your citizens content

You have to have 140% happiness to make your citizens enthusiastic and achieve 120% productivity. You have more than that, so you have additional happiness.

DeletedUser37581

The productivity bonus of 120% requires 1.4 times the demand. 1.4 times 27,418 = 38,385.2

dergerch

Ah OK, so "additional" happiness takes the 140% needed for enthusiastic population into account. Now it makes sense.
Has this been changed at some point? I almost could swear that in the past (we're talking years, though) that wasn't the case.

DeletedUser

Ah OK, so "additional" happiness takes the 140% needed for enthusiastic population into account. Now it makes sense.
Has this been changed at some point? I almost could swear that in the past (we're talking years, though) that wasn't the case.
It's been this way for the 4+ years I've been playing.