• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Has the black tower really fallen from grace to this extent?

And here I am putting up those shrines like crazy... At this stage of the game, I'll pretty much take anything that produces forge points.
If you are able find a GBG Diamond league guild with open membership and join. Even if you have no attack bonus, you can negotiate in the GBG possibly even at reduced or no attrition at all. You will win 10 forge points there quite often, I've topped 1000 forge points in one extraordinary battlegrounds session with no attrition sectors not to mention the 25 diamonds you will win on rare occasion.

Aethelcatt VIII

If you are able find a GBG Diamond league guild with open membership and join. Even if you have no attack bonus, you can negotiate in the GBG possibly even at reduced or no attrition at all. You will win 10 forge points there quite often, I've topped 1000 forge points in one extraordinary battlegrounds session with no attrition sectors not to mention the 25 diamonds you will win on rare occasion.
I do get quite a few FPs from GBG (although nowhere near 1,000 in one session), but those GBs are a lot of mouths to feed. Since mines are all around Level 10 right now, they are going to need to be fed for a long, long time to come. So FPs to me is like cash to a mother of seven kids under the age of 10--you can never have enough. :D

One I just noticed is the old Christmas Village set. Remember that one? The Toymaker's Booth, the Moose Meadow, Madame Fortuna's Tent, Candlemaker's Tent, Sugar Baker's Booth, Smorgasbord Feast, Halmbock. One of each is 26 spaces, more than a 5x5, and three of them need road connections. And all that gives 5 FPs, 10-13 goods, coins, supplies, happiness, medals.

These will be the next buildings I remove from my city. The only question is, do I just delete them, or use my Store Buildings and sell them in the AD?
You can make a 3x3 with 6-ATK, 2-DEF, no road. That’s not bad ATK and the no road makes it a winner:

Hambock x 2
Smorgasbord Feast
Candlemaker's Tent
Straw Star Tent

(A 3x4 6-ATK, 10-DEF, no road is also an option. Just add another SF and another SST.)

Tunka Manin

Or just
There are so many special buildings from Events now, and always new ones coming out. Many of which gives better rewards than past favorites. Some like SoKs, are still of value in lower age cities. Even WWs and FoYs are great for diamond farms, but not for your main city. I suppose what is worth building is down to individual requirements. My problem is that I have an inventory full of parts of old favorites (especially those that give a military (A/D) boost for attacking armies). And I cannot decide which should be better going to the AD or which are still worth buying the upgrades for to finish them off and build them.
become a professional hoarder. Bump getting rid of old favorites

Emberguard

What? Shrine of knowledge seems AMAZING . How could it no longer be as good?
Because:
(1) a new player doesn't need efficiency: they need to fill as much space as possible with as much FP -or- Attack stat as fast as they can to speed up their progress.
(2) by the time efficiency becomes a concern you'll be wanting to go for Multi Level buildings which are far more efficient than SoKs

Average Daily Specials per event: 10
Halloween:
Dark Doorway. You could get 30 FPs from 10 Doorways instead of 10 from SoKs
Soccer Event: Hippodrome. 2 FPs per middle track. Don't worry about Lvl'ing the main building until later on. Just get two Lvl 1 end pieces and fill up with middle tracks, 16 FPs right there
Forge Bowl: Terracotta Vineyard. Get the Diamond Coach to double your Daily Specials. 1-2 base buildings plus +/- 20 Lavender chain attachments would make 80 FPs in a single event
Summer Event: Get the Pirate Hideout + as many Fisherman's Pier as you can manage to get. If you got 9 chain attachments + 1 base building next year that's 36 FPs
Fall Event: Harvest Barn Set. Get the fields pieces and place down a combination of Wheat Field + Begonia Bench + Autumn Scarecrow + Ochre Field. 7 pieces would provide 10 FPs plus goods and attacking boosts.
1630059197603.png
Winter Event: Train + 9 cars would provide 18 FPs
St. Patricks: Moot point, different system

Wildlife Event + Spring Event + Archeology: If you look through the main buildings each year, you'd get just as many FPs going for the last main building offered as you would going for SoKs. Those main buildings like the Ferris Wheel and Eagle Mountain etc would then also provide other bonuses in addition to FPs

Oh yeah. Log cabin. You could get a Log cabin in Wildlife which is essentially the same as Dark Doorway but with a added supply boost

If you get a SoK, do use it if you have the space to do so and you're not sacrificing something better to put it down. You're going to get Shrine of Knowledge through Grand Prizes just by completing the event and aiming for everything else anyway

Last edited:

Gypsy Grace

Shrine of Knowledge is 4 squares per fp (I have 6 planted and 1 in my inventory for my next reno)
The Black Tower is 3FP for 20 squares = 6.66 squares per fp - so, not as good as a SoK, but it also gives 10 medals, 5 goods, and more than 1/2 of a random reward for the coin RQ when motivated.

I was able to pick mine up on auction for less than 7K and no gems. It was an upgrade for my city as I cleared out production buildings that I no longer need for FP and medals that I greatly need. Plus, it's so good looking!

The Black Tower is a really great design. Too bad as a special building it is very weak. Big and ony 3 FP.. Only lower Era newer players would want it. What the Black Tower needs is a few upgrade levels. add more FPs, some attack % and Goods. Even make it ten levels to get to where current Event Buildings are.

Yep, that's me! FYI: I started 2 months ago, EMA, 171K points, 106/83 attack, GBs: Zeus, Babel, LoA, Achen, Traz, Galata, ToR, are all planted and level 4 or more, Arc bps but not planted yet, working hard to get the last CDM bp. My Winter Train is level 5 and my Winter Canal is a Jolie. Not bragging by any means, just mentioning in case someone has tips or advice to share. At this age and level, what could I be putting in my city that would give me a better FP/square ratio?

Emberguard

I was able to pick mine up on auction for less than 7K and no gems.
That's a pretty decent price.

At this age and level, what could I be putting in my city that would give me a better FP/square ratio?
For a single level? Not much, particularly for that cost. You could go for the Pillar of Heroes when that shows up in the Antiques Dealer as another cheap option, but you would need 7 levels and with all the additions to the pool of possible prizes it's not showing up as often as it used to

Not bragging by any means, just mentioning in case someone has tips or advice to share. At this age and level, what could I be putting in my city that would give me a better FP/square ratio?

Dark Doorways and Log Cabins are the way to go (the latter being really cheap in the Antique Dealer). While I haven't seen your city, it looks like you have way too many GBs for my preferences, but I'm a wacky min/max trader.

Gypsy Grace

Dark Doorways and Log Cabins are the way to go (the latter being really cheap in the Antique Dealer). While I haven't seen your city, it looks like you have way too many GBs for my preferences, but I'm a wacky min/max trader.

I just purchased my first Log Cabin, and it was very inexpensive - will look for more! I have Dark Doorways on my list, but haven't come across any yet. I'm on Angkor, stop by sometime! My city is a bit too drab and dreary looking for my taste, but it will get more color over time.

I wanted to be a cute, little trader girl but, my guild is very into GE and GBG. They are too good to me for me to leave and several are fast becoming good friends.

Darkest.Knight

For myself black tower and similar buildings were transitional, to fill available space until I could get better items. There is a relatively small set of highly desirable buildings that take a while to accumulate. I still buy "gem" items when they're cheap, not interested in the coin costs.

Zatrikon

Shrines of Knowledge have an upgrade available. 2 FP for 4 squares is pretty good.

Of course, the Jade Statue from the Azteks gives 3 FP for 4 squares, and some of the other newer special buildings give slightly more than 1 FP/2 squares, but those are harder to come by.

Anything that gives less than 1 FP/2 squares is obsolete, unless it also provides a good combat bonus. Is there any amount of Goods/Special Goods that it could provide that makes up for the lack of FP or combat bonus? I don't think so.

Dr Mac 100

I have 16 plus Black Towers. Pay off ratio is good. Happiness isn't a problem. I collect 15 or 20 one ups before I move up then level up the BTs for goods.